• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Lazy freeloaders seek 2k a month

John Doe

I detest liberalism
Why is it always the poor who are against poor people receiving money? Pretty odd to me.

I’m all about bootstrapping harder... but some people need a little support. $2k is nothing, especially since the majority of it goes back to the economy anyway.
2k is "nothing"? Then why does the gov not give that much to every senior on SS? We lived on 1300 a month for years, besides my odd jobs.

So where does this "nothing" come from? Care to do the math?

John Doe

I detest liberalism
Yes. You've made an irrational generalization. Feel free to stick with the assumption that all 2 or 3 million of them would prefer to get checks from the government than to work.
I could just do like you and say "I read the comments"...

EatTheRich

President
That a funny lie.
The ruling rich never give the poor anything unless it is the only way to keep them working. Anything the poor get as a result ... such as the unemployment insurance that they pay into until they need to collect benefits (their legal property) ... is part of the supply-and-demand-regulated cost of labor.

EatTheRich

President
2k is "nothing"? Then why does the gov not give that much to every senior on SS? We lived on 1300 a month for years, besides my odd jobs.

Social security benefits aren’t higher because the ruling rich cut their expenses by using age-, race-, and class-based resentment and discrimination to undermine the fight to expand social security.

TheTrueRepublican

Council Member

Therefore.... they should be that much. Shouldn’t they? I find that an excellent idea.

Besides if you’re living off of SS, you’re part of the people receiving the suggested assistance on top of your social security. So........

And don’t tell me SS is your money and all that. Chances are you paid less into it compared to what you’re receiving anyway. What’s an extra $2k to make your life somewhat easier? And a $2k to your neighbors living around you.

My niece makes more than 2k selling clothes part time for some liberal clothing store while attending college.

John Doe

I detest liberalism
Therefore.... they should be that much. Shouldn’t they? I find that an excellent idea.

Besides if you’re living off of SS, you’re part of the people receiving the suggested assistance on top of your social security. So........

And don’t tell me SS is your money and all that. Chances are you paid less into it compared to what you’re receiving anyway. What’s an extra $2k to make your life somewhat easier? And a $2k to your neighbors living around you.

My niece makes more than 2k selling clothes part time for some liberal clothing store while attending college.
Good for your neice, I bet the cost of living is sky high too. I'm in rural Florida and I work FT. So you think the gov can afford to just "give" everyone two grand a month? The onlt question is, where does it come from? Taxes? Where do they get those?

TheTrueRepublican

Council Member
Good for your neice, I bet the cost of living is sky high too. I'm in rural Florida and I work FT. So you think the gov can afford to just "give" everyone two grand a month? The onlt question is, where does it come from? Taxes? Where do they get those?
They get taxes...from taxing.

A little tax hike for a major expansion in purchasing customers? That’s a pretty amazing deal in my opinion. Yes, the feeling of losing money to more taxes is going to suck for some personalities. But at the end of the day it’s not like you’re going to miss the money in that kind of bracket. You just hate “losing”. Even if you do end up winning in the long term.

As for the money given out, it’s not like you’re dumping it into a trash can. It will all get spent. Where will it end up? Back at the top.

I have a physical warehouse in Tampa for my online business, pay starts at $20/hr with college tuition reimbursement. The retention has been pretty good ever since I expanded into a physical warehouse.

John Doe

I detest liberalism
They get taxes...from taxing.

A little tax hike for a major expansion in purchasing customers? That’s a pretty amazing deal in my opinion. Yes, the feeling of losing money to more taxes is going to suck for some personalities. But at the end of the day it’s not like you’re going to miss the money in that kind of bracket. You just hate “losing”. Even if you do end up winning in the long term.

As for the money given out, it’s not like you’re dumping it into a trash can. It will all get spent. Where will it end up? Back at the top.

I have a physical warehouse in Tampa for my online business, pay starts at $20/hr with college tuition reimbursement. The retention has been pretty good ever since I expanded into a physical warehouse.
Yes and they get those taxes from taxing the people who work for a living guess what happens when there's too many people not working for a living versus those who are taxed when they make a living do you think that's sustainable

TheTrueRepublican

Council Member
Yes and they get those taxes from taxing the people who work for a living guess what happens when there's too many people not working for a living versus those who are taxed when they make a living do you think that's sustainable
Again... the people taxed are from a whole different bracket. If you’re making $5 million a year... $2 million in taxes becoming $2.5 million in taxes isn’t going to matter much. That doesn’t even take into account how much more they’ll be earning with the uptick in consumer spending.

An example of my side business being taxed an additional 20% isn’t going to matter when there are millions more potential customers with money to spend. Just like how each time there’s a stimulus check, my business earnings get a sharp bump as people blow their stimulus.

Last edited:

EatTheRich

President
Why not tax the idle rich?

TheTrueRepublican

Council Member
You dont get rich being idle, dont be daffy....
They hire someone to manage their money, investments, and estates. These accountant/managers usually work for multiple generations of a family along with some of their also wealthy friends and their family.

It’s odd that people can’t differentiate between the people we need to tax versus actual working class people.

I go to work.

You go to work.

The other guy who people want to tax meanwhile just do things like throw money at politicians to defund the IRS calling it “wasteful spending” so that their usually fraudulent easy monetary gains won’t get audited. You think they’re doing YOU a favor?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
“Unearned income” is by definition “free money to the idle.”
no. they did something, and have every right to watch it accumulate.

you applying a derogatory to it, doesnt make it a derogatory, it just makes you feel better over what you covet.

TheTrueRepublican

Council Member
no. they did something, and have every right to watch it accumulate.

you applying a derogatory to it, doesnt make it a derogatory, it just makes you feel better over what you covet.
Yes, and watching it accumulate instead of spending it negatively affects society.

Corporation and business wise, we don’t expand and hire more people because we have a lot of cash on hand. Companies around here have billions in cash just sitting around.

Expansion happens more often due to rise in demand. One billionaire buying 12 cars is less than a thousand people buying 1 car each.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, and watching it accumulate instead of spending it negatively affects society.

Corporation and business wise, we don’t expand and hire more people because we have a lot of cash on hand. Companies around here have billions in cash just sitting around.

Expansion happens more often due to rise in demand. One billionaire buying 12 cars is less than a thousand people buying 1 car each.
so does not amounting to shit and draining society dry. everybody should hold their end up, no? and then we can focus on those most in need.

companies should be paying a lot more in taxes... no argument there.. too many loop holes.

meanwhile, people shuld strive not not produce dumb as [Unwelcome language removed] progeny that cant do much more than stare in to space and run consumables over a barcode scanner....

TheTrueRepublican

Council Member
so does not amounting to shit and draining society dry. everybody should hold their end up, no? and then we can focus on those most in need.

companies should be paying a lot more in taxes... no argument there.. too many loop holes.

meanwhile, people shuld strive not not produce dumb as [Unwelcome language removed] progeny that cant do much more than stare in to space and run consumables over a barcode scanner....
A conservative in this forum makes less than $30k a year their entire life. Then there’s Reason10 who just takes roll call for a living. Montana has a per capita income of $25k.

Majority of these people get their taxes back as refunds. They’ll also be collecting more social security than they ever put in.

In my eyes these people are in the same group as your cashier at Walmart.

I feel like you’re putting your emotions towards the wrong group of people. So what if someone receives 24k a year? Your neighbor earning $30k is now earning 54k. Business is booming because people can afford things. Your neighbor therefore gets more hours, raises, etc.