• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Let's Talk Football

Wahbooz

Governor
Yea, I feel for that punter. I'll say this:

- While he bobbled the snap, there sure were a LOT of MSU players there to get that punter and force a fumble after. I know blocking eventually breaks down, but the Michigan line can take some of the blame for the touchdown, not for the initial bobble.

- The media coverage was once again awful. All of these reports came out about "death threats" for this kicker. And what was the source? Random people's twitter posts, saying such things as "Drink Bleach" or something. Now, that's classless, but to represent THAT as a "death threat" on a kicker's life is just downright dishonest. However, the overall media has a long-standing agenda against football, and the overly-masculine mentality. They tried to further dirty it with the fallout of this fluke play.
It wasn't just the media, the school and team considered those tweets as death threats.

PS. I should point out the worst tweets were deleted.

Last edited:

MrMike

Bless you all
R I P, Nick Bouniconiti

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article233336747.html

I was an original DolFAN until I mover to the Mountains. Now it's, GO PANTHERS !

I know all you Trumpsters hate the NFL now because Trump hates it because they wouldn't let him own a team.

Yeah, I didn't like politics appearing on the field either but Nothing but my old lady is going to let me not enjoy football. Y'all go ahead and be pissed off for me.
Not really getting your injection of a Trump tirade in an RIP thread, but agree on the passing of Nick (RIP) as he was a good guy.

Good luck with your other issues!

voyager

4Q2247365
The Panthers looked rough in there second pre season game. They lost 27/14 and it looked worse than that with the back up QB's sucking up the place.

panthers.jpg

voyager

4Q2247365
With only one preseason game left the Panthers lost to the Patriots 10/3... and Cam Newton played two series and is in a walking cast.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
With only one preseason game left the Panthers lost to the Patriots 10/3... and Cam Newton played two series and is in a walking cast.

Big Panthers fan I see. So is this the make or break year for Cam? Gosh, he was so good for a few years, and then obviously had a decline.

As for me, we'll see if the Cleveland Browns live up the hype. I live in Cleveland. Exciting times considering the "product" we've had here for so long.

voyager

4Q2247365
Big Panthers fan I see. So is this the make or break year for Cam? Gosh, he was so good for a few years, and then obviously had a decline.

As for me, we'll see if the Cleveland Browns live up the hype. I live in Cleveland. Exciting times considering the "product" we've had here for so long.
It's hard to believe that Cam is in his ninth season and has had offensive lines that have allowed him to be beaten up probably more than any other QB. He is now a China doll.

I am jealous of y'allz QB, Mayfield, he looks like the real deal. The Browns deserved better than Johnny Football.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
It's hard to believe that Cam is in his ninth season and has had offensive lines that have allowed him to be beaten up probably more than any other QB. He is now a China doll.

I am jealous of y'allz QB, Mayfield, he looks like the real deal. The Browns deserved better than Johnny Football.
I was actually a Johnny Football supporter.. I didn't care if he was out drinking, as long as it didn't effect his play on the field. And he was solid for a little while, but once he started lying to the team, he had to go.

However, Baker looks legit. I'm not going crazy on expectations like some idiots are, but we have a darned good chance to win the division. I'll just stay with that.

voyager

4Q2247365
I was actually a Johnny Football supporter.. I didn't care if he was out drinking, as long as it didn't effect his play on the field. And he was solid for a little while, but once he started lying to the team, he had to go.

However, Baker looks legit. I'm not going crazy on expectations like some idiots are, but we have a darned good chance to win the division. I'll just stay with that.

Good luck, I'll be watching the Browns.

voyager

4Q2247365
The Panthers ended up their preseason with a win against the Steelers. 25/15. It was mostly a terrible showing with a few great plays.
The starters did not play... looks like the teams are saving the best for the start of the season. Cam sprained his foot last week and may or may not play in the opener against the Rams. I am not counting on Cam to make it through his first game. He is gimpy now and is like made of glass so far. He wasn't even tackled when he sprained his foot, just moved wrong.
panthers.jpg

voyager

4Q2247365
The Panthers played their first game of the 2019 season against last years Super Bowl runner up LA Rams and lost 30/27. The Panthers made too many mistakes and it was amazing the final score was that close. Cam's arm did not look good. The defense looked worn out at half time.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
The Panthers played their first game of the 2019 season against last years Super Bowl runner up LA Rams and lost 30/27. The Panthers made too many mistakes and it was amazing the final score was that close. Cam's arm did not look good. The defense looked worn out at half time.

Sorry to hear, I guess it's the part where every team that lost gets to say "it's just the first game".. not that it's the wrong thing to say.

However, speaking of let-downs.. the Cleveland Browns.

The national sports universe is suddenly in a "I told ya so" contest about the Browns. I guess a few hot-headed predictions is an accurate representation of all Cleveland Browns fans, but I digress. My takes from the game:

1. The Browns came out hot on offense, went right down the field.
2. The Titans weren't hot, and the only thing keeping their drives going was penalties.
3. The Browns almost has 200 yards in penalties. Some obvious and deserved, but boy, there were some tick-tack, questionable calls that really put the screws to the Browns.
4. Mayfield did a good job not trying to do too much throughout the game during frustrating call after frustrating call. Gain 22 yards? Nope, there was a hold. 12 yard run? Nope hold. And not obvious ones either.
5. As soon as I say that, in the 4th quarter, he suddenly tried to do too much, and threw 3 picks.

Football is such a momentum game. I think the Browns lost momentum on a few bad calls and didn't handle it well. Then, it just stockpiled throughout the game. It was frustrating to watch pretty much EVERY call go against the Browns. Sure, one can say "If they didn't commit the foul, it wouldn't get called", but that's just a pointless thing to say. Guys get away with things all the time, in plain sight of officials. It seemed like the refs were very ticky tack when it came to the Browns. I didn't notice non-calls for the Titans, I'll give them credit, they looked like they were ready. The Browns certainly have a lot of areas to improve in.

To me, I felt like the Browns beat themselves.

voyager

4Q2247365
So... the Panthers officially SUCK. Lose to the Buccaneers 20 /14 and not one touchdown. Four field goals and a safety. I'll bet Cam didn't complete 40% of his passes. And with one minute left in the game and the Panthers on the eleven yard line with four chances to score... nada. Maybe if Cam had one more scarf in his closet...
After these first two games we look like an 0/16 team.

cam.jpg

Last edited:

Mr. Friscus

Governor
So... the Panthers officially SUCK. Lose to the Buccaneers 20 /14 and not one touchdown. Four field goals and a safety. I'll bet Cam didn't complete 40% of his passes. And with one minute left in the game and the Panthers on the eleven yard line with four chances to score... nada. Maybe if Cam had one more scarf in his closet...
After these first two games we look like an 0/16 team.

View attachment 44926
Geez, so far the make or break Cam Newton year not going well.

He's got a longer leash given the talent he's shown in previous years. I wonder if he's just lacking in drive and determination. He's always has come across to me as somewhat of a showman and a diva, and stereotypically those types don't grind through tough times as well, and start to sulk.

Plus, he's not as much of a threat to run anymore. I think so much of Cam's success earlier was his ability to make defenses pay if they went into a coverage scheme where they drop linebackers back instead of staying home in the box.

voyager

4Q2247365
Geez, so far the make or break Cam Newton year not going well.

He's got a longer leash given the talent he's shown in previous years. I wonder if he's just lacking in drive and determination. He's always has come across to me as somewhat of a showman and a diva, and stereotypically those types don't grind through tough times as well, and start to sulk.

Plus, he's not as much of a threat to run anymore. I think so much of Cam's success earlier was his ability to make defenses pay if they went into a coverage scheme where they drop linebackers back instead of staying home in the box.
This just in, Cam is not practicing... they say it's his foot again. I'm ready for Kyle Allen to come in and get some experience in prime time. He can't be any worse than what's going on now. I make a post on Panther Home that when Cam broke the first huddle Thursday night he looked like he didn't even want to be there. My post was deleted. I guess they didn't want to hear the truth.

Congrats to the Browns... at least They can beat a door mat.