• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Let's Talk Football

voyager

4Q2247365
I'm thinking now that there is going to be no football season. The virus is surging and NFL players are being infected every day. You can't run an airline with people dropping like flies without even being hit. Baseball is over this year for sure. There will be no mini season. Sports could be screwed next year too. NASCAR may have to go year around...

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I'm thinking now that there is going to be no football season. The virus is surging and NFL players are being infected every day. You can't run an airline with people dropping like flies without even being hit. Baseball is over this year for sure. There will be no mini season. Sports could be screwed next year too. NASCAR may have to go year around...
Excellent

Hopefully all are never again

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
UFC is going strong right now.

voyager

4Q2247365
The NFL isn't going down without a fight. They have a social distancing plan... They don't want those screaming fans infecting the troops. Of course they will make up the lost revenue by putting ads on the tarps.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
The NFL isn't going down without a fight. They have a social distancing plan... They don't want those screaming fans infecting the troops. Of course they will make up the lost revenue by putting ads on the tarps.

I will not be watching the NFL this year but my favorite college team (Alabama) has always practiced social distancing. When their wide receivers and/or running backs get a step on the opponents, nobody can get within six feet of them before they get to the end zone.

voyager

4Q2247365
I will not be watching the NFL this year but my favorite college team (Alabama) has always practiced social distancing. When their wide receivers and/or running backs get a step on the opponents, nobody can get within six feet of them before they get to the end zone.

As a Clemson fan ( I live 90 min. away)... sorry for your loses. :D

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
As a Clemson fan ( I live 90 min. away)... sorry for your loses. :D
Clemson is always awesome. We didn't have our best two days against them in the last few years (in fact they went through Bama like shit through a goose) but this coming year is looking pretty good. Bama has signed a kid named Christian Leary (WR) who is so fast they have to run the cameras in slow motion just to be able to see him running.

voyager

4Q2247365
They're strong kids, i pray they will shake it off quickly.

Stuff like this and how the virus is getting worse is why even with all the good intentions that Sports is going to have a rough time happening with or without fans. I think it's going to be a long Winter.

condorkristy

Mostly Liberal

Stuff like this and how the virus is getting worse is why even with all the good intentions that Sports is going to have a rough time happening with or without fans. I think it's going to be a long Winter.
It is very easy for me to say this since I'm not involved but as the coronavirus pandemic now moves into the fifth month in terms of public awareness and governmental response, its fast becoming a matter of not if but when one will contract the virus. I do not say that because I'm fatalistic and hopeless but rather because I'm hopeful that we as humans will resolve to simply do the following; live your life.

At some point you have to live your life. Vendors at sports arenas either have to find something else to make an income or show up for work. The back office staff in Arlington will have to find something else to do or show up for work. The players will either have to find something else to do or show up for work.

The word "or" is the fulcrum. Where do you come down...do you find something else to do or do you show up for work? Each side has risks. One can argue that finding something else to do is safer but how do you really know that? While it is true that you may not be subjected to a travel schedule that involves close contact with dozens of other people, human activity is most often predicated on some form of close contact.

What I think will happen is that some players who are well off will decide to sit it out until next season when we will, hopefully, have a vaccine that is available. If you're making $563,000 (the MLB minimum for the 2019 season), you SHOULD have some money left over especially if you're young and likely are not married, shouldn't have too many kids, etc... Players who need the money will play. A "champion" will be crowned in October regardless. I am hopeful that the powers-that-be are not quick to put an asterisk next to the championship due to the small number of games and, perhaps, the lack of big name talent on the opposing teams. If anything, winning in 2020 may be one of the more difficult accomplishments any team would face given the obstacles the eventual winner faced.

voyager

4Q2247365
From the Patriots...

Several of the message board guru's think Cam will never start and will be gone by the end of traning camp. That one year contract is all incentives except for league minimum... plus it takes the spotlight off of the owners trial.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
It is very easy for me to say this since I'm not involved but as the coronavirus pandemic now moves into the fifth month in terms of public awareness and governmental response, its fast becoming a matter of not if but when one will contract the virus. I do not say that because I'm fatalistic and hopeless but rather because I'm hopeful that we as humans will resolve to simply do the following; live your life.

At some point you have to live your life. Vendors at sports arenas either have to find something else to make an income or show up for work. The back office staff in Arlington will have to find something else to do or show up for work. The players will either have to find something else to do or show up for work.

The word "or" is the fulcrum. Where do you come down...do you find something else to do or do you show up for work? Each side has risks. One can argue that finding something else to do is safer but how do you really know that? While it is true that you may not be subjected to a travel schedule that involves close contact with dozens of other people, human activity is most often predicated on some form of close contact.

What I think will happen is that some players who are well off will decide to sit it out until next season when we will, hopefully, have a vaccine that is available. If you're making $563,000 (the MLB minimum for the 2019 season), you SHOULD have some money left over especially if you're young and likely are not married, shouldn't have too many kids, etc... Players who need the money will play. A "champion" will be crowned in October regardless. I am hopeful that the powers-that-be are not quick to put an asterisk next to the championship due to the small number of games and, perhaps, the lack of big name talent on the opposing teams. If anything, winning in 2020 may be one of the more difficult accomplishments any team would face given the obstacles the eventual winner faced.
Has anyone told you that you bear an uncanny resemblance to Bill Murray?

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
From the Patriots...

Several of the message board guru's think Cam will never start and will be gone by the end of training camp. That one year contract is all incentives except for league minimum... plus it takes the spotlight off of the owners trial.
Cam Newton trying to fill the slot for Tom Brady is like is like Pres. Biden trying to replace Trump. The very thought is laughable.