• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Let's Talk Football

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Cam beat Brady and the Pats... Twice
I don't think so. The Panthers do hold a 4-2 advantage against the Pats, in regular season. But that's going back to 1995 so, neither Newton nor Brady would have been involved back in 1995.
The Patriots beat the Panthers in the Superbowl in 2004 by a close score.

voyager

4Q2247365
I don't think so. The Panthers do hold a 4-2 advantage against the Pats, in regular season. But that's going back to 1995 so, neither Newton nor Brady would have been involved back in 1995.
The Patriots beat the Panthers in the Superbowl in 2004 by a close score.
I'll let Bill tell it...

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
I'll let Bill tell it...

Okay, I couldn't find that in my search for info on this.

condorkristy

Mostly Liberal
I think the word I would use for Newton's move to the NE Patriots is "intriguing". Belechick has a way of containing the extra curricular and coaches up those who come into the fold. At the age of 30, he has a some runway left.

I think one thing is for certain; He won't be given a lot of latitude. Newton will either get with the program and perform at a high level or he will be there for a very short time.

voyager

4Q2247365
If The preseason schedule stays the same (the dates may change) the Panthers will play the Patriots. I hope that happens and Cam gets to play at least a quarter.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
If The preseason schedule stays the same (the dates may change) the Panthers will play the Patriots. I hope that happens and Cam gets to play at least a quarter.
I like these kind of situations where a guy comes to play against his former team.
Cole Beasley was cut from the Cowboys and went to the Buffalo Bills. This past season he returned with the Bills and helped them beat the Cowboys 26-15. Beasley was a good player and it pissed me off when they cut him.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member

EatTheRich

President
How about that Kaepernick, huh? Took his team to the Superbowl as a rookie starting quarterback, maintained a 4.0 GPA through high school and college (and had an equally impressive record on the field), and sacrificed to bring about social justice. I hear he's a hell of a baseball player too. That man is just one all-around class act!

EatTheRich

President
How about that Kaepernick, huh? Took his team to the Superbowl as a rookie starting quarterback, maintained a 4.0 GPA through high school and college (and had an equally impressive record on the field), and sacrificed to bring about social justice. I hear he's a hell of a baseball player too. That man is just one all-around class act!
Future hall-of-famer, no doubt about it!