• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Let's talk midterms(Senate edition)

So the conventional wisdom a month ago was this was going to a red wave year. But then the Supreme court got involved, and handed Democrats a giant plate of red meat to feed the base with their terrible abortion rulings. Then the Republican base has been doing the Democrats favors by nominating the worst candidates they could possibly find. Seems like half of them are Apprentice flunkies and the other half just got off Peter Thiel's casting couch.
At the moment it looks like the Senate will remain in Democrats control they might even pick up seats.
Based on the current matchups I would say...
Toomey(R) turns into Fetterman(D)
Portman(R) turns into Ryan(D)
Johnson(R) turns into Barnes(D)
And
Cortez-Mastro(d) turns into Laxalt(R)

A month ago I would have Warnock down in Georgia was on the hot seat, but I forgot he is pretty good at politics(see 2020 race) and I misunderestimated Herschel Walker.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
So the conventional wisdom a month ago was this was going to a red wave year. But then the Supreme court got involved, and handed Democrats a giant plate of red meat to feed the base with their terrible abortion rulings. Then the Republican base has been doing the Democrats favors by nominating the worst candidates they could possibly find. Seems like half of them are Apprentice flunkies and the other half just got off Peter Thiel's casting couch.
At the moment it looks like the Senate will remain in Democrats control they might even pick up seats.
And

A month ago I would have Warnock down in Georgia was on the hot seat, but I forgot he is pretty good at politics(see 2020 race) and I misunderestimated Herschel Walker.
I don’t know what sort of wave there will be. Never underestimate the capacity of the GOP to royally screw up even “gimmees” and walks in the park. If I were predicting (and I suck at that), I’d say the GOP takes the House by a bit (not an overwhelming amount)…and remains roughly the same in the Senate (+/-).

God of War

Governor
And

I got to your Fetterman and saw what a loser your picks were going to be.

Have you heard the truth about Lt. Gov Fetterman?!?!? ha ha Makes a case that Hunter Biden isn't the bottom of the barrel. ha ha So bottom of the barrel goes Fetterman, Hunter, and then Oz. If Pennsylvania saddles us with Fetterman they will have outdone Georgia in sending douche bags to DC. ha ha

God of War

Governor
I don’t know what sort of wave there will be. Never underestimate the capacity of the GOP to royally screw up even “gimmees” and walks in the park. If I were predicting (and I suck at that), I’d say the GOP takes the House by a bit (not an overwhelming amount)…and remains roughly the same in the Senate (+/-).
Dipshit GOP has been silent and doing nothing because they think they're going to win by default. What losers... no pussies... that learned nothing about fighting from Trump. Paul Ryan's legacy lies thick on this GOP.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Dipshit GOP has been silent and doing nothing because they think they're going to win by default. What losers... no pussies... that learned nothing about fighting from Trump. Paul Ryan's legacy lies thick on this GOP.
The GOP is the same garbage heap it has been for two decades. While the leftist kook nutcase shut-ins here nearly NEVER speak critically of their DNC masters, normal conservatives SHOULD note that the Republican Party sucks. Consistently.

God of War

Governor
The GOP is the same garbage heap it has been for two decades. While the leftist kook nutcase shut-ins here nearly NEVER speak critically of their DNC masters, normal conservatives SHOULD note that the Republican Party sucks. Consistently.
Repeal and Replace and that dipshit Ryan had zippo. That is the GOP year in and year out.

For the last 20-25 years the DNC has been running the country even when the GOP is in majority and in the big cheese office. The GOP 'compromised' the shit out of us. CRT, abortion, borders, ... all of it... the budget... is a big GOP compromise for decades now.

All those shithole cities and states run by Democrats for decades? Looks like they took the country too. ha ha

Pnwest is steaming mad at Biden for not being a left-wing troll.

All they do is say, "inflation, inflation, inflation, blah, blah, blah".
Even though gas prices are on the decline and that is primaripy how people judge inflation.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Pnwest is steaming mad at Biden for not being a left-wing troll.
That’s it? And he never posts “thanks Biden” in bolded font repeatedly in this forum either, right?

No, Democrats pathologically erect and adhere to the monolith. It’s a sickness. GOPers in this forum demonstrate this trait as well, but to a lesser degree. Everyone should be critical reviewers of the parties.

That’s it? And he never posts “thanks Biden” in bolded font repeatedly in this forum either, right?

No, Democrats pathologically erect and adhere to the monolith. It’s a sickness. GOPers in this forum demonstrate this trait as well, but to a lesser degree. Everyone should be critical reviewers of the parties.
Na, you just call people who don't agree with you 100% of the time uncritical.