• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Liberals' New Love: Trickle Down Economics

Guarantee $529 million in loans to build cars for the super-rich top 1% in Finland, then hope the technology trickles down to the rest of us peons.

Of course, now we have to hope they don't go belly up like Solyndra did.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/car-company-us-loan-builds-cars-finland/story?id=14770875#.TwMbI1Zki7s
more precisely that should have been called "trickle down technology".
that is what always happened in the past, cutting edge discoveries in space, biology, physics mostly sponsored by public investments become eventually common tools for everybody's use

StanH

Council Member
Don't you think they could have at least stipulated the money stay here in the US? Same with TARP, where tens of billions went overseas. That is poor government oversight, in my opinion.

more precisely that should have been called "trickle down technology".
that is what always happened in the past, cutting edge discoveries in space, biology, physics mostly sponsored by public investments become eventually common tools for everybody's use

Don't you think they could have at least stipulated the money stay here in the US? Same with TARP, where tens of billions went overseas. That is poor government oversight, in my opinion.
That is the judgment I am not ready to make,Stan, though I would agree that would be good for USA in the immediate impact , but may be that finnish company is better equipped for the task.
But that said, that was not the point you were making, right?
You were mocking the decision to spend money and do that new technology, correct?

StanH

Council Member
No, it wasn't the point I was making. But funding the building of cars for the rich in Finland on the taxpayer dime is just an additional slap in the face.

Surely we have the resources here (i.e. furloughed auto workers) to accomplish it here in the US.

That is the judgment I am not ready to make,Stan, though I would agree that would be good for USA in the immediate impact , but may be that finnish company is better equipped for the task.
But that said, that was not the point you were making, right?
You were mocking the decision to spend money and do that new technology, correct?