• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Liberals-"Nobody's trying to take your guns!"

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
Really, Biden and Dems threatening to ban assault weapons while at same time discussing trading a Russian Arms dealer known as the 'Merchant of Death' and other Russian criminals for a black lesbian dope-head basketball player.

Yeah, Biden values human life
Joe and Gang trying to DEFUND THE COPS

Democratic Sen. Chris Murphy questions law enforcement funding for 'Second Amendment sanctuaries' (msn.com)

Sports World Reacts To Russia's Brittney Griner Plan (msn.com)
Brittany " I am a man " Griner has WHAT to do with the topic?

Bugsy McGurk

President
Well, there's no way to define a mechanical difference, which was rather my point, and no need to ban either.

And show me how the NRA caused the former Assault Weapons Ban to not be renewed -- name a single event or action other than simply making public statements that its renewal was a bad idea. You can't. The simple fact is, at the time of the sunset, the people who wanted it renewed didn't have the votes in Congress to get it renewed. About the most fun in this was the at-the-time blaming of it on the president (George W. Bush) who couldn't have extended it if he'd wanted to do so. Now yoiu're blaming the NRA, and it couldn't have extended it if every member had wanted it extended -- again the votes simply weren't there after the Gingrich takeover of the House in 1994.
Here’s a tuffie for you…

WHY didn’t proponents of extending the assault rifle ban “have the votes” to extend it?

I know you can figure this out. I know you can.

;-)

trapdoor

Governor
Here’s a tuffie for you…

WHY didn’t proponents of extending the assault rifle ban “have the votes” to extend it?

I know you can figure this out. I know you can.

;-)
Actually I answered this above -- because the Republicans flipped the House for the first time in 48 years with the so-called Gingrich revolution in 1994. Were a lot of NRA-backed candidates elected? Of course, but in the past you yourself have said there weren't enough one-issue votes on gun control to have caused that change. Republicans retained control or near-control (depends on what year), through the expiration of the law, and the votes weren't there to renew it.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Actually I answered this above -- because the Republicans flipped the House for the first time in 48 years with the so-called Gingrich revolution in 1994. Were a lot of NRA-backed candidates elected? Of course, but in the past you yourself have said there weren't enough one-issue votes on gun control to have caused that change. Republicans retained control or near-control (depends on what year), through the expiration of the law, and the votes weren't there to renew it.
Translation: Pressure from the gun lobby. Duh.