• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Living in a gun-free society.

Should America be gun-free?

• Yes, I want to live in a gun-free society.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • No, I don't want to live in a gun-free society.

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • I don't care one way or the other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
I believe that one day the USA will be a gun-free country. The only people who will carry guns will be law enforcement, military personnel and others who need a gun for their jobs.
This day is still a long ways off. It won't happen in my lifetime. But, how many of you would support a gun-free society? Would it work? If not, please state why. Thank you.

Jen

Senator
Do you really think criminals will give up their guns?o_O
No. They will not.
So if you get your way, one day, only criminals will have guns and none will be registered. That'd be great, huh.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
You think criminals would give up their guns? Do you know anything about criminals and their activity?

Yes. I saw the PM. You mocked prayer and another poster here. I almost reported it but decided it was best to ignore a PM like that. Don't expect an answer.
Of course the criminals won't willingly give up their guns. But, eventually they will all be confiscated. :)

I believe that one day the USA will be a gun-free country. The only people who will carry guns will be law enforcement, military personnel and others who need a gun for their jobs.
This day is still a long ways off. It won't happen in my lifetime. But, how many of you would support a gun-free society? Would it work? If not, please state why. Thank you.
To be clear, this is what you're looking for:

Jen

Senator
Did you seriously just say that????

Tell me what is to stop the police and military from doing anything they want to the citizenry when your gun free wet dream becomes a reality??
That's what they always say and it always has been and always will be a big lie.

THIS TIME we will get it right.

Nope. They won't.

That's what they always say and it always has been and always will be a big lie.

THIS TIME we will get it right.

Nope. They won't.
So true.

Under a totalitarian government a disarmed populace will not have the ability to make them get it right.

Nobody.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
Are you serious?? Wow!

Not just no but HELL NO.

I'm white. I have no use for the police. But just ask any person of color if they trust the police. See what kind of response you get.

Hilarious
Were you on the policeman's side in the death of Tamir Rice? Laquan McDonald? Philander Castille?
Just curious.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
Better question is were you?

I gonna bet you weren't.

Tell me why you'd trust the police in a disarmed society.
Look at the alternative. Mass shootings every two weeks or so. Living in fear. If I had kids in school now, I'd be scared every morning they left the house. And it's only going to get worse.

Look at the alternative. Mass shootings every two weeks or so. Living in fear. If I had kids in school now, I'd be scared every morning they left the house. And it's only going to get worse.
I have a daughter in the eight grade. School started today. I share your concerns and sending her off scares me as well. I can't fathom the thought of life without her. I have to put my trust in the school and their security measures just like millions of other parents every day.

You mentioned 3 people who were killed by bad cops. I'll give you 2 more that come to my mind immediately ...... Justine Damond and Daniel Shaver. Look them up. Bad cops shoot white people too.

Evil comes in many forms. A firearm is not inherently evil. There are people who are evil. Some of them are cops.

I have to wonder why you'd start thread about life where only the police and military have guns when you, like me, don't really trust the police that much. I won't say I wouldn't ever trust the police but I'm a law abiding citizen and if I never have to run across another cop for the rest of my life it wouldn't bother me a bit.

Remember, when seconds count the police are only minutes away.

My guns keep my home and family safe because that's not the police's job.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
I have a daughter in the eight grade. School started today. I share your concerns and sending her off scares me as well. I can't fathom the thought of life without her. I have to put my trust in the school and their security measures just like millions of other parents every day.

You mentioned 3 people who were killed by bad cops. I'll give you 2 more that come to my mind immediately ...... Justine Damond and Daniel Shaver. Look them up. Bad cops shoot white people too.

Evil comes in many forms. A firearm is not inherently evil. There are people who are evil. Some of them are cops.

I have to wonder why you'd start thread about life where only the police and military have guns when you, like me, don't really trust the police that much. I won't say I wouldn't ever trust the police but I'm a law abiding citizen and if I never have to run across another cop for the rest of my life it wouldn't bother me a bit.

I googled Justine Damon and Daniel Shaver. They both died very tragically. I remember the Justine Damon case very well. That was one of the few times a policemen was actually convicted for killing someone. The policemen who killed Daniel Shaver should have been convicted too. Instead they allowed him to retire early with a pension!
I hope Daniel Shaver's family received a money settlement like Justine Damond's family.

Bear Claw

President

And how far are you away from her with your guns??

Bear Claw

President

I am on board!!

I googled Justine Damon and Daniel Shaver. They both died very tragically. I remember the Justine Damon case very well. That was one of the few times a policemen was actually convicted for killing someone. The policemen who killed Daniel Shaver should have been convicted too. Instead they allowed him to retire early with a pension!
I hope Daniel Shaver's family received a money settlement like Justine Damond's family.
So do those 5 cases give you any pause at all when you propose only letting the police have firearms?

They sure do for me.

Some cops do great things. I've never had a cop do anything but take my money and my time. And like I said I'm a law abiding citizen never been arrested. I don't cause trouble.....anymore....and the couple occasions I did I never got busted. I am not on any law enforced radar. But the last thing I want to see coming is a cop. For any reason. Life is just just simpler and unencumbered without police interference.

Go to Youtube and look up videos of black drivers being hassled by traffic cops. I've seen it happen to friends of mine firsthand. It's disgusting and it happens all the time.

Nope. Many cops are authoritarians who have no business wearing a badge and I can't think of anything scarier than a society where only cops have guns.