• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Liz Cheney, Last of the Mohicans

Colorforms

Senator
huh? what's he not been allowed to say?
She has labeled his call for a peaceful and patriotic protest "seditious" and wants to make sure that, because of his stating his beliefs, he not be allowed near the oval office again. This is because Trump is voicing what half the electorate already thinks.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
And you know enough to make that statement about the over 500 members of the Senate and House? I'd bet not. I'd guess you don't even have much of a grip on your own representative or senators. I've met mine and follow their votes. Do you know who yours are?
Sighh...

Yes, guy named Middleview on the internet, I know who my reps and senators are. Many of them I’ve even met. One of them I sat beside TWICE on half-day flights from PDX to DC, and I know him pretty well. Some of us actually live normal lives, travel the world, and run businesses in varied countries rather than live in basements like you and Bugsy.

Yawn.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Sighh...

Yes, guy named Middleview on the internet, I know who my reps and senators are. Many of them I’ve even met. One of them I sat beside TWICE on half-day flights from PDX to DC, and I know him pretty well. Some of us actually live normal lives, travel the world, and run businesses in varied countries rather than live in basements like you and Bugsy.

Yawn.
And so, guy named WA on the internet...you've met what one or two of the 435 representatives and 100 senators and feel comfortable talking about the moral values of those you have not met.

Some of us do not make dishonest and dishonorable statements about those we don't know and don't know much about. I've met my representative and worked on more than one of his campaigns. I've also met both of my senators and am comfortable talking about them. I can't vote for those in your state or anywhere else and do not donate money to them. But then there is you...and we know how honest you are...

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
She has labeled his call for a peaceful and patriotic protest "seditious" and wants to make sure that, because of his stating his beliefs, he not be allowed near the oval office again. This is because Trump is voicing what half the electorate already thinks.
Cool. He's also spewing unproven nonsense

Colorforms

Senator
Cool. He's also spewing unproven nonsense
Is that not his right? And is it not Cheney's obligation as a representative of the people to defend Trump's free speech rights? Having an opinion is one thing. claiming she is going to use her position in government to see to it Trump can never run again because she disagrees with what he says is something different.

I find her position far more damaging to the republic than Trump's.

Last edited:

Mr. Friscus

Governor
how's about... the election is stolen..
most republicans
how did I do.?
Pretty short-sighted.

I haven't seen any Conservative/Republicans on the house floor declaring the election was outright definitely stolen, case closed.

Like most Conservatives, I think that while there is certainly possibilities of corruption in our voting process, there's not enough evidence as currently stands to act on it. Big claims require big proof. The left doesn't follow this standards (Russian Collusion, Kavanaugh, etc.), but the right should, and more often does.

The problem is that anyone who raises the slightest question about the results or procedures is instantly condemned by the left as some extremist, kook who refuses the election.. which isn't true. Two things can be true at once. There can be dirty corruption, AND there can be not enough evidence. As much as the left wants to attack anyone who doesn't view this election as pure and white as the driven snow, they foolishly forget that almost half of the Democrat base polled 4 years ago thought the 2016 election was stolen, and Hillary Clinton still claims this to this very day.

Meanwhile, even the most conspiratorial person can think the election was stolen and not be liar. That's their opinion based on the evidence.

So, I'm not sure where you're getting this from.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
well, thats not really happening... she's being punished for not eating the groupthink shit pie...
I suppose if you had a family which was represented by one member, and that member went public and talked about how kooky and awful all of you were, you might think they weren't the best representative. LOL

Bugsy McGurk

President
Sighh...

Yawn.
How could you possibly sit on multiple cross country flights chatting with a congressman you deplore so much that you want him/her tossed out of office?

Or maybe you’re just....bullshittin’?

;-)

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Is that not his right? And is it not Cheney's obligation as a representative of the people to defend Trump's free speech rights? Having an opinion is one thing. claiming she is going to use her position in government to see to it Trump can never run again because she disagrees with what he says is something different.

It is. But he's gone too far. If there is a there ...then prove it

Unsubstantiated bull is doing nothing but bringing ruin

Colorforms

Senator
It is. But he's gone too far. If there is a there ...then prove it

Unsubstantiated bull is doing nothing but bringing ruin
He, and literally half the electorate, disagree.

And if you can't call out what you perceive as clear violations of election law, then the republic is doomed. Our entire system is base about being able to question government, and not just when a republican is in charge.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty short-sighted.

I haven't seen any Conservative/Republicans on the house floor declaring the election was outright definitely stolen, case closed.

Like most Conservatives, I think that while there is certainly possibilities of corruption in our voting process, there's not enough evidence as currently stands to act on it. Big claims require big proof. The left doesn't follow this standards (Russian Collusion, Kavanaugh, etc.), but the right should, and more often does.

The problem is that anyone who raises the slightest question about the results or procedures is instantly condemned by the left as some extremist, kook who refuses the election.. which isn't true. Two things can be true at once. There can be dirty corruption, AND there can be not enough evidence. As much as the left wants to attack anyone who doesn't view this election as pure and white as the driven snow, they foolishly forget that almost half of the Democrat base polled 4 years ago thought the 2016 election was stolen, and Hillary Clinton still claims this to this very day.

Meanwhile, even the most conspiratorial person can think the election was stolen and not be liar. That's their opinion based on the evidence.

So, I'm not sure where you're getting this from.
What evidence. If there were something substantive...say a few hundred thousand or a proven discrepancy....then I think there is a different discussion. There isn't...there's asinine interviews with po-dunks who think they saw what they swear is truckloads of they don't know..but they swear it's fraud..

That's bs

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I suppose if you had a family which was represented by one member, and that member went public and talked about how kooky and awful all of you were, you might think they weren't the best representative. LOL
I have many family members like that..luckily most are dead. Kooks the lot

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
Should be voted back in to office.. again and again and again.

A lone voice speaking truth to power

Shame on all those that seek to remove her from office, they should all be removed by way of the ballot

Obviously she bit off more than she could chew, she had the right to say what she thought and challenge Trump, but it bit her in the tush.

R. W.Emerson said it best: 'When you strike at the king, you must kill him" liz exceed her capacity and is paying the price, right or wrong it's done and she's apparently toast.
I wish her well.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
What evidence. If there were something substantive...say a few hundred thousand or a proven discrepancy....then I think there is a different discussion. There isn't...there's asinine interviews with po-dunks who think they saw what they swear is truckloads of they don't know..but they swear it's fraud..

That's bs
You're wasting your time. They're not gonna own it. In too deep to turn back. Unsubstantiated factual allegations = opinion. Lol!

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Obviously she bit off more than she could chew, she had the right to say what she thought and challenge Trump, but it bit her in the tush.

R. W.Emerson said it best: 'When you strike at the king, you must kill him" liz exceed her capacity and is paying the price, right or wrong it's done and she's apparently toast.
I wish her well.
Not really. How much you want to bet you catapults back to the fore? Maybe not the next election but the one after that. What the Republican party is doing is destroying itself with the stupidity. And they're defending a bombast who is no longer president, who bleats absurdity, and these folks gobbled it up. And the country is supposed to pretend that these are intelligent folks sent to serve us and work on behalf of the country? [Unwelcome language removed] that noise.

middleview

President
Supporting Member

We are not talking about a simple case of free speech. We are talking about a man who has conjured up lies about the election out of whole cloth. He has fired his own appointee who told him he was wrong about international interference in the election.
His own AG told him there was minimal fraud and those handful of cases were nowhere near enough to change the outcome....

Trump set out to destroy our electoral system so he could stay in power. Now we have states controlled by the republicans working to minimize voter turnout. Will the new laws in Georgia make the election more secure? No.

Trump has been informed time and time again that he is misinformed. He told the Secretary of State of GA that there were thousands of dead people voting in 2020 in his state. Raffensberger informed Trump that there were only two. Trump continues to make that claim as if it were fact...meaning he is lying to the American people.

Trump can continue to lie...but his lies disqualify him from leading our country. Sad that you don't see that. A person's public comments can certainly rule them out as qualified to run.