• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Looks like we are back up and running (Wednesday, June 19th at 9 AM Eastern)

It seems like a lot of the reports every day are about peoples alerts being filled up with dislikes from the same adversaries and we have no time to deal with these extra reports or have any way of tracking ratings.
Then simply tell the whole board that you [admin and mods] will not deal with reports about ratings - the reports will cease and we, as always, will cope with the negative ratings among ourselves.

If admin is solid in some aspects then posters will settle down but if admin gives way to one thing those same posters will soon find something else to whine about ---

Emily

NSDAP Kanzler
It seems like a lot of the reports every day are about peoples alerts being filled up with dislikes from the same adversaries and we have no time to deal with these extra reports or have any way of tracking ratings.
Okay. So, just asking: Would it be a big problem to just have a policy of ignoring such reports except to suggest to whoever feels their user experience is suffering from the alerts that they turn alerts off? Would it be a big technical problem to allow us to turn off alerts for ratings without turning off alerts for quotes or new replies?

Okay. So, just asking: Would it be a big problem to just have a policy of ignoring such reports except to suggest to whoever feels their user experience is suffering from the alerts that they turn alerts off? Would it be a big technical problem to allow us to turn off alerts for ratings without turning off alerts for quotes or new replies?
Woooooh we have even more --- yeh! Party time xxx

The issue is users get notifications when a post gets a response or a rating. And some people here will rate every single post certain users post as negative so that users notifications fill up with ratings and it hurts their user experience.

Its all childish and sad but thats what partisan hacks are, childish and sad.
Thank you darling xxx you have given us enough ratings to fill our boots xxx

Except for a sad one ---- but perhaps that would be 'asking for trouble' ;)

Jen

Senator
'They' did this on PH didn't 'they' so that all one can do there now, last time I looked, is 'like' ---- that is not democratic ;) damn it!
I think they took away all ratings AND emojis over on PH.

It's better to have them .......and if one doesn't want his/her alert box filled with reports on them, just go into settings and click the box that says no alert on ratings. Anyone who is smart enough to post here should be smart enough to do that.

Bear Claw

President
I have no way or any time to track who uses the ratings. How would I do that exactly? It sounds like you are in agreement the ratings have to go.
Question!

If your claim is correct and you have no way of tracking who uses ratings then how do you rate abuse??

Bear Claw

President
I have no way or any time to track who uses the ratings. How would I do that exactly? It sounds like you are in agreement the ratings have to go.

If you can't track ratings then how can you determine abuse??

Ratings are only good for the Bully Squad here that abuses them.

It's a fair question and deserves an answer!!

Last edited:

RickWA

Snagglesooth
posters could simply curb their appetites for ratings.

Could.
Humble suggestion:

Administrator and mods stop indulging pantywaists who complain about abuse. I’m not talking left/right here. Anyone who complains/reports about ratings abuse should be ignored. Ratings are not a safety issue like threats of physical violence or doxxing.

I’m talking about not rewarding immaturity.

Lordy. It’s hard to believe many of these folks have even cleared Middle School.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Humble suggestion:

Administrator and mods stop indulging pantywaists who complain about abuse. I’m not talking left/right here. Anyone who complains/reports about ratings abuse should be ignored. Ratings are not a safety issue like threats of physical violence or doxxing.

Lordy. It’s hard to believe many of these folks have even cleared Middle School.

It's not indulging. But I get yer drift

Phil's contemplating going seven percent solution...again...

Jen

Senator
Humble suggestion:

For some odd reason, and even though that's been suggested ............Admin and mods haven't tried just ignoring those complaints.

I don't get it.