• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Lupe's birds and fish

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
I don't know, but some of the crows I've seen here are almost as big as my cat.
Could they be ravens?
(From the Audubon page)
Ravens are larger, the size of a red-tailed hawk. Ravens often travel in pairs, while crows are seen in larger groups. Also, watch the bird’s tail as it flies overhead. The crow’s tail feathers are basically the same length, so when the bird spreads its tail, it opens like a fan. Ravens, however, have longer middle feathers in their tails, so their tail appears wedge-shaped when open.

One other observation from my own experience as I had a pet raven, crows tend to hop where a raven struts around like he owns the place. (Very full of themselves)

Jen

Senator
Could they be ravens?
(From the Audubon page)
Ravens are larger, the size of a red-tailed hawk. Ravens often travel in pairs, while crows are seen in larger groups. Also, watch the bird’s tail as it flies overhead. The crow’s tail feathers are basically the same length, so when the bird spreads its tail, it opens like a fan. Ravens, however, have longer middle feathers in their tails, so their tail appears wedge-shaped when open.

One other observation from my own experience as I had a pet raven, crows tend to hop where a raven struts around like he owns the place. (Very full of themselves)
It's the hopping/ strutting thing that will tell me. And I believe that the birds I see here walk. I will have to take notice of that. They are beautiful birds and yes, they are the size of hawks. They are probably ravens.

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
It's the hopping/ strutting thing that will tell me. And I believe that the birds I see here walk. I will have to take notice of that. They are beautiful birds and yes, they are the size of hawks. They are probably ravens.
Ravens are real characters, they have a defined sense of humor and in my experience very intelligent, well worth watching.

OMG - isn't this a blue jay? How did you domesticate a blue jay? Pretty amazing, I must say.
Blue jays are smart he figured out that he would have perished without help. He is not fully domesticated and will never be able to fly but he has made his own blue jay world in his mind and kind of treats the family like we are blue jays.

We would have let him go if we could have rehabilitated him. He belongs in the wild. But not being able to fly he would be cat food outdoors

Last edited: