• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Make 'em Laugh

Flanders

Council Member
I thought I would return by making you:

This one concerns the Luftwaffe; so I hope youngsters who might read this will forgive a tale from the past with its obscure references.

During WWII Captain Sten Carlson was in the U.S. on a War Bond Tour. Captain Carlson was a Danish flying ace serving in the Royal Air Force at the time Denmark was occupied by the Nazis.

While Captain Carlson was being interviewed on a radio show, he was asked by the host to talk about his battles against the Luftwaffe during the Battle of Britain.

Captain Carlson began by saying “Vell, vun day I vas flying along and here come six of dem fokkers.”

The show’s host hastily interrupted to say “Ladies and gentlemen, Captain Carlson was not saying the F word. He was referring to the German plane the Fokker-Wolff. Please continue with your story, Captain Carlson.”

The Dane quickly cleared up the misunderstanding when he continued “Ya sure, but I vas saying dem fokkers vas flying Messerschmitts.”