• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Make Trump King of US, For Life

condorkristy

Mostly Liberal
They are not bad. Maybe you could mass produce and number them to sell as accent pieces in dental and medical offices. There is a lot of turnover in office space these days. But you aren’t really breaking any new ground here Bertie. You are however a legend in your own mind.
His work does the job. Whenever there is a blood stain on a wall, his paintings are a slightly better thing to look at.

Jack4freedom

Governor
His work does the job. Whenever there is a blood stain on a wall, his paintings are a slightly better thing to look at.
Actually I think they are pretty good. Have you seen them all? He’s a pretty good musician too. It takes all kinds. I bet that in person he’s probably a pretty nice guy. Seems lonely and wants some attention. Without guys like him on this site, it would be pretty boring.

protectionist

Governor
Most of Ali’s defeats came way past his prime including Spinks, Jimmy Young, Larry Holmes and Trevor Burbick. He lost once each to Frazier and Norton but beat both of them twice afterward. Marciano beat a washed up Joe Louis then Jersey Joe Walcott and Ezzerd Charles, both quality fighters. After that he fought a bunch of average journeyman fighters then retired in tact. The rest of those you mentioned except Mayweather are not among the greatest of all time even in their weight divisions. Sugar Ray Robinson, Carlos Monzon, Roberto Duran, Julio Caesar Chavez, Willie Pep, Henry Armstrong and several other rank far ahead of these undefeated fighters in the pound for pound ratings. You know almost as little about boxing as you do about politics. But at least you are trying.
Oh, well then why is that Calzaghe and Ward for example were undefeated, and the ones you mentioned lost fights ? And don't give me the prime and who they fought stuff.

Mikkel Kessler 3 November 2007
Millennium Stadium, Cardiff

More than 50,000 witnessed Joe Calzaghe record a unanimous points verdict over the previously undefeated Dane, to successfully defend his WBO world super-middleweight title for a 21st and final time. He also claimed the muscular, heavily tattooed Kessler's WBA and WBC versions of the title. It was a result that proved Calzaghe to be unquestionably the best fighter in his division and one of the leading pound-for-pound boxers in the world. Calzaghe has subsequently said that he also regards it as his finest hour. The strong and heavy-handed Kessler tested Calzaghe's punch resistance when he landed several huge uppercuts and right hands that would have knocked out many fighters without Calzaghe's ability to take a punch. Realising the danger of standing and trading, Calzaghe used speed and boxing ability to frustrate his opponent and win

2 Jeff Lacy 4 March 2006
MEN Arena, Manchester

This was the performance that made the American audience realise Calzaghe's qualities, as the Welshman produced a virtuoso display against the undefeated Lacy. Analysing for ITV, Barry McGuigan said Calzaghe had "won every second of every minute of every round" – against a fighter who was the bookies' favourite to win. Victory brought Calzaghe the IBF world title to add to his WBO crown, and proved that at 33 Calzaghe was a fighter at the peak of his powers. In 12 rounds, Calzaghe threw more than 1,000 punches in a quite phenomenal display of speed, accuracy and boxing technique that drew on his remarkable reserves of stamina. Lacy, who had been built up in the US as a super-middleweight with Mike Tyson-like punching power, never looked likely to make a fight of it, and finished with his face a bloody mask of cuts and bruises. In contrast, Calzaghe looked like he was ready to go out on a date.

I saw both of these fights -every round. I'll put Calzaghe up against any super-middleweight in boxing history,and he was certainly better in his weight class than Ali was in his.

I could go on with this, but I dont see any need.

protectionist

Governor
I like your pragmatism.

But I noticed that you forgot about Tyson.

How would you compare him to, say, Marciano in their prime?
Hard to say. Both were hard-punching aggressive infighters. Boxers who fought Marciano said nobody could take a punch as good as him. He proved it by never being beaten, and was even knocked down only once in 49 fights, from which he bounced right back up.

Still it's hard to say. I didn't forget about Tyson or any of the fine boxers that Jack mentioned, but I mentioned only undefeated guys.

Jack4freedom

Governor
Oh, well then why is that Calzaghe and Ward for example were undefeated, and the ones you mentioned lost fights ? And don't give me the prime and who they fought stuff.

Mikkel Kessler 3 November 2007
Millennium Stadium, Cardiff

More than 50,000 witnessed Joe Calzaghe record a unanimous points verdict over the previously undefeated Dane, to successfully defend his WBO world super-middleweight title for a 21st and final time. He also claimed the muscular, heavily tattooed Kessler's WBA and WBC versions of the title. It was a result that proved Calzaghe to be unquestionably the best fighter in his division and one of the leading pound-for-pound boxers in the world. Calzaghe has subsequently said that he also regards it as his finest hour. The strong and heavy-handed Kessler tested Calzaghe's punch resistance when he landed several huge uppercuts and right hands that would have knocked out many fighters without Calzaghe's ability to take a punch. Realising the danger of standing and trading, Calzaghe used speed and boxing ability to frustrate his opponent and win

2 Jeff Lacy 4 March 2006
MEN Arena, Manchester

This was the performance that made the American audience realise Calzaghe's qualities, as the Welshman produced a virtuoso display against the undefeated Lacy. Analysing for ITV, Barry McGuigan said Calzaghe had "won every second of every minute of every round" – against a fighter who was the bookies' favourite to win. Victory brought Calzaghe the IBF world title to add to his WBO crown, and proved that at 33 Calzaghe was a fighter at the peak of his powers. In 12 rounds, Calzaghe threw more than 1,000 punches in a quite phenomenal display of speed, accuracy and boxing technique that drew on his remarkable reserves of stamina. Lacy, who had been built up in the US as a super-middleweight with Mike Tyson-like punching power, never looked likely to make a fight of it, and finished with his face a bloody mask of cuts and bruises. In contrast, Calzaghe looked like he was ready to go out on a date.

I saw both of these fights -every round. I'll put Calzaghe up against any super-middleweight in boxing history,and he was certainly better in his weight class than Ali was in his.

I could go on with this, but I dont see any need.
I quit following boxing right after Lennox Lewis beat Tyson. I missed this Welshman. Seems like he was outstanding. I will go to YouTube and watch some of his fights. Thanks. From the time I was a little kid until the late 1990s I knew every champion and major contender from every division. But right now I don’t even know or care who the Heavyweight Champ is. I have seen every great fight in boxing history from 1900 to 1989;and beyond but I lost interest at some point. I will look up some of these newer guys you pointed out and watch them. You definitely know more than me about boxing from 2005;on. I though it all went to that cage fighting crap which I can not stand…I will check it out. Thanks again…

write on

Senator
Hard to say. Both were hard-punching aggressive infighters. Boxers who fought Marciano said nobody could take a punch as good as him. He proved it by never being beaten, and was even knocked down only once in 49 fights, from which he bounced right back up.

Still it's hard to say. I didn't forget about Tyson or any of the fine boxers that Jack mentioned, but I mentioned only undefeated guys.
It all comes down to the training and body build.

D'Amato knew the fighter he had at the time.

Hindsight is 20/20

middleview

President
Supporting Member
1) I posted why he didnt indict them weeks ago. Do you think DC is a legit judicial place ? Are you kiddin ? Just to give you a hint when they were investigating Hillary Clinton, part of the investigation was turned over to 5 people -all of them Hillary Clinton's aides. Joke.
Strike 1 :)

2) Same as 1. Ho hum. Strike 2 :rolleyes:

3) In the case of the rat pack, false Russian collusion, dossier etc, we all know what SHOULD have been in an indictment.
Strike 3. :D
1. Durham failed to find evidence of a crime.
2.see #1
3. Bullshit. What law was broken?

condorkristy

Mostly Liberal
Actually I think they are pretty good. Have you seen them all? He’s a pretty good musician too. It takes all kinds. I bet that in person he’s probably a pretty nice guy. Seems lonely and wants some attention. Without guys like him on this site, it would be pretty boring.
I would prefer looking at whatever he patins to seeing a blood stain. True.