• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Marriage is not about love.

God of War

Governor
Marriage is about the codification of a baseline contract between a procreating couple. It is the states way of incorporating two people as a legal entity for ongoing and future legal treatment with a strong basis in custom. This is in the states interest as they like to say for obvious reasons in raising the next generation of citizens. Nothing stops spiritually sanctioned marriages between the non-procreating pair (or polyamorous). from living together. In fact these arrangements can be better served by boiler plate legal agreements that do not consider procreation as the purpose of the union.

Secular marriage contracts outside of procreation need a new look.
So you don't women who have past menopause should get married?

Or infertile men/women can get married.

The contractual part of marriage is the vows. There wasn't a damn thing in my marriage vows about having kids. And I think that is fairly standard. Marriage is just two people making a commitment to each other.

God of War

Governor
So you don't women who have past menopause should get married?
Beginning to think so. Shame because the h0mo movement would have ruined that sort of thing.

Or infertile men/women can get married.
For government recognition purposes maybe.

I would argue that for this and the above it is too intrusive of government. But clearly same sex marriage has no reason to be recognized by government. It isn't in the interest of the government to do so as no progeny will come forth from said sexual union.

The contractual part of marriage is the vows. There wasn't a damn thing in my marriage vows about having kids. And I think that is fairly standard. Marriage is just two people making a commitment to each other.
I'm sorry that you fail to understand the truth. Love is layered on top of marriage - a specific contractual agreement validated by the state(the community). You can go back 5000 years and that is what marriage has been for the greater civilizations and most lesser.

Beginning to think so. Shame because the h0mo movement would have ruined that sort of thing.

For government recognition purposes maybe.

I would argue that for this and the above it is too intrusive of government. But clearly same sex marriage has no reason to be recognized by government. It isn't in the interest of the government to do so as no progeny will come forth from said sexual union.

I'm sorry that you fail to understand the truth. Love is layered on top of marriage - a specific contractual agreement validated by the state(the community). You can go back 5000 years and that is what marriage has been for the greater civilizations and most lesser.
What does that contract say?
It doesn't say a damn thing about having children in it.
It is contract between two who make a commitment to each other. That's it.

God of War

Governor
What does that contract say?
It doesn't say a damn thing about having children in it.
It is contract between two who make a commitment to each other. That's it.
I've given you enough to discover the truth on your own. I'm not indulging you the rest of your education on the matter.

God of War

Governor
You have given your opinion and like always it's wrong.
When you go to court to get a divorce how is that contract litigated?

When you need to assert your contractual rights before the court... say pulling the plug... how do you think that is litigated? On the [Unwelcome language removed] whim of the judge?

You need to start thinking at some point.

When you go to court to get a divorce how is that contract litigated?

When you need to assert your contractual rights before the court... say pulling the plug... how do you think that is litigated? On the [Unwelcome language removed] whim of the judge?

You need to start thinking at some point.
Try making an intelligible point.