• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Mathematical Universes

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
I'll wait til we see two snowflakes that DO look alike before I start believing in alternate universes.
Good thinking there, Dino.. :cool:
A snowflake consists of roughly 1019 water molecules, which are added to its core at different rates and in different patterns, depending on the changing temperature and humidity within the atmosphere that the snowflake falls through on its way to the ground. As a result, it is extremely difficult to encounter two identical snowflakes.[19][20][21] Initial attempts to find identical snowflakes by photographing thousands their images under a microscope from 1885 onward by Wilson Alwyn Bentley found the wide variety of snowflakes we know about today.[22] It is more likely that two snowflakes could become virtually identical if their environments were similar enough. Matching snow crystals were discovered in Wisconsin in 1988. The crystals were not flakes in the usual sense but rather hollow hexagonal prisms.[23]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow

fairsheet

Senator
The idea that there are no two snowflakes alike, is now considered a myth. In fact, given the consistent physical processes by which snowflakes grow, and the potential gross number of snowflakes, it's assumed that there are probably many (to put it conservatively) alike.

Snowflakes - because of thier perishability - are difficult to observe and catalog.

RedCloud

Mayor
I could prove you wrong by doing the Anthony Weiner thing. But I had better not. That could get me fired.
Reminds me of the story of the guy who was in a car wreck and was admitted to the emergency room. The nurses were getting him undressed and into hospital togs when one noticed that his tool had NATTI O,tattooed on it. She asked him why and he said, "That's not NATTI O, when that thing is pumped up it is CINCINATTI OHIO, my home town."

fairsheet

Senator
In her younger RN days, working with other younger RN's, my wife said they called themselves "CPC's". (Certified pecker checkers).

Reminds me of the story of the guy who was in a car wreck and was admitted to the emergency room. The nurses were getting him undressed and into hospital togs when one noticed that his tool had NATTI O,tattooed on it. She asked him why and he said, "That's not NATTI O, when that thing is pumped up it is CINCINATTI OHIO, my home town."
Some years ago, I had a young nurse who was getting all flustered when she was taking off my shirt, revealing my very hairy chest. It's probably a good thing she didn't have to take my pants off; she might have fainted.