• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Maybe the poor could use that money...But the poor didn't donate to Pelosi.

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
Park in Pelosi's district slated to receive $200M probed by top GOP senator
1635356398942.png
: Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee ranking member John Barrasso, R-Wyo., probed the national park trust in House Speaker Nancy Pelosi��s, D-Calif., district on its federally required financial self-sufficiency.

"The Presidio Trust Act states that the Presidio of San Francisco must be financially self-sufficient and should not receive funding from the American taxpayer," Barrasso wrote. "The Presidio Trust’s website further confirms this by stating that the park is managed ‘at no cost to the taxpayers.’"

Barrasso noted that "$200 million of taxpayer funds" had been "earmarked" for the park by Pelosi and House Democrat leaders "as part of their reckless tax and spending budget legislation" and referenced a Fox News article that revealed several of the trust's board members – including Benioff – are major Pelosi donors

Park in Pelosi's district slated to receive $200M probed by top GOP senator (msn.com)

Let me explain why this is all wrong.

1. The money is actually going to the park...So no foul.

2. Money grows on Tree so it's no cost to taxpayers

3. Everybody does it.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Public parks allow those not rich enough to have large landed estates to also enjoy nature.
Ridiculous. Paying particular attention to Pelosi’s district, nature is being “enjoyed” by the throngs of milling homeless relegated to LIVING outdoors.

…but even the self-described board communists fall into line in support of Democrat elites, eh? I’m sure she appreciates your fealty.

EatTheRich

President
Ridiculous. Paying particular attention to Pelosi’s district, nature is being “enjoyed” by the throngs of milling homeless relegated to LIVING outdoors.

…but even the self-described board communists fall into line in support of Democrat elites, eh? I’m sure she appreciates your fealty.
Honestly the apparent quid pro quo and the subsidies for something that is supposed to be self-funding look pretty shady here, but I’m not informed enough about it to really have an informed opinion. My issue was more with the top poster acting like the poor aren’t the main direct beneficiaries of funding for public parks.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
In the concrete jungle of San Francisco?
No trees, greenery, planting is, lawns, foliage of any kind in San francisco? No ability to move from that concrete jungle to anywhere in the nearby vicinity that has greenery trees plantings and the like?

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Honestly the apparent quid pro quo and the subsidies for something that is supposed to be self-funding look pretty shady here, but I’m not informed enough about it to really have an informed opinion. My issue was more with the top poster acting like the poor aren’t the main direct beneficiaries of funding for public parks.
It’s just garden variety influence-peddling. Sad that it is scarcely noteworthy.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Yes. Who said anything about anti park? Wtf?
Ya know…disagree on a policy and you’re “anti”. Kinda like how lefty sez I’m anti-vax when I have every sort of vax inaginable (I’ve routinely traveled to Asia, South America, India, etc. for decades). I’m also fully COVID vaxxed…but I don’t agree with the policy of mandates…sooo…

Anti-vax it is. :-/

Zam-Zam

Senator
Ya know…disagree on a policy and you’re “anti”. Kinda like how lefty sez I’m anti-vax when I have every sort of vax inaginable (I’ve routinely traveled to Asia, South America, India, etc. for decades). I’m also fully COVID vaxxed…but I don’t agree with the policy of mandates…sooo…

Some people prefer labels to discussion of issues, critical thinking, etc.

It's easier, and anyone can do it.

With that in mind, wear any label thusly slapped upon you as a badge of honor. Takes away all the power from those applying it.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Some people prefer labels to discussion of issues, critical thinking, etc.

It's easier, and anyone can do it.

With that in mind, wear any label thusly slapped upon you as a badge of honor. Takes away all the power from those applying it.
Okey-dokey. Based on these PJ definitional conventions, I’m also anti-pizza, anti-ribeye, and definitely staunchly anti-single-malt scotch.

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
Public parks allow those not rich enough to have large landed estates to also enjoy nature.
"The Presidio Trust Act states that the Presidio of San Francisco must be financially self-sufficient and should not receive funding from the American taxpayer,"
That quote from the article is the crux of the problem here...Any comments on the subject of a rich white lady used Govt funds to pay off a donor?

Solyndra anyone?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

So you hate black people do ya...