• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Maybe THIS is why Barney Frank is OUT......

ARMCX1

Mayor
The current official unemployment rate has dropped to 8.5% from a high of 9.9% in Nov 2009. I don't think the administration lied so much as they were overly optimistic. Later, the administration compounded the problem by insisting that their calibration was just right.

Lapcat

Governor
Uh huh. Emphasis on "current" .....vs. what comes out next month....lol.

The current official unemployment rate has dropped to 8.5% from a high of 9.9% in Nov 2009. I don't think the administration lied so much as they were overly optimistic. Later, the administration compounded the problem by insisting that their calibration was just right.

degsme

Council Member

WEll since the Stimulus predicted 3.5 million jobs saved and CBO scores it at about that and other sources score it higher.. seems like the Stimulus was successful.

OTOH. you still cannot point to where Obama supposedly PROMISED that it would be below 8%...

ARMCX1

Mayor
I figure the unemployment rate will bounce a little as temporary seasonal hires are laid off and more unemployed workers reenter the labor force encouraged by job openings.

The important thing is the trend--in terms of the rate of unemployment and growth of GDP.

In the last two years the economy has gained a net ~2.5millon jobs.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
Huh? She put down another poster last week for top posting? I'll need to see a link for that one....
Good luck with that. Those who don't give shouldn't receive. I'm 100% positive you don't provide links. Right?

degsme

Council Member
I figure the unemployment rate will bounce a little as temporary seasonal hires are laid off and more unemployed workers reenter the labor force encouraged by job openings.

The important thing is the trend--in terms of the rate of unemployment and growth of GDP.

In the last two years the economy has gained a net ~2.5millon jobs.
Yup and more significantly, summer is a seasonal INCREASE in employment. So we will see better jobs numbers starting in May. And while Romney will point to the Seasonal Adjustment, Obama will simply use the raw numbers...

And compare them repeatedly to the numbers of jobs Bain Capital destroyed while Romney was there and how much Romney profitted from that PERSONALLY.

Lapcat

Governor
Once a drug-abusing punk.....

ALWAYS a drug-abusing punk.

He's just become better at hiding it since then.

Sure he is.... I fully believe you believe that...

So did she...

Lapcat

Governor
Have! Did! DONE! (ad nauseam)

Too bad lefties are too thick-headed (among 'other things') to f'ing GLEEN the facts. Or...maybe it's just that...

lefties are too damned dishonest. (nah! couldn't be!!!)

you still cannot point to where Obama supposedly PROMISED that it would be below 8%...

degsme

Council Member
Have! Did! DONE! (ad nauseam)

Too bad lefties are too thick-headed (among 'other things') to f'ing GLEEN the facts.
Which FACTS would that be?

The GOP Controlled Congressional Budget Office scoring the Obama Stimulus as having created 3 millionjobs?

Those kind of INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIABLE FACTS?
Or does "facts" to you mean whatever Hannity or Levin or Limbaugh tell you is "fact"... kinda like Fox News viewers being twice as likely as the average american to incorrectly believe WMD were found in Iraq???

Is it that sort of FACTS you 'gleen'?