• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

McCain to repubs: time to settle for Mitt

You are correct about the RINO endorsement. This may just help other candidates and discourage some folks against voting for Obromny

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I hang around a boatload of Republicans and moderates.

There is no enthusiasm gap.

These businesspeople I hang with...want Obama GONE.
Yeah? I hung around with a lot of folks who desperately wanted Bush gone in 2004. Polls showed Bush losing to an unnamed democrat in early 2004. Didn't happen and it isn't going to happen in November either. You guys should hope for a candidate as good as Kerry, because the ones you have are pretty sad choices. Maybe you should check to see if Dan Quayle is busy.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Bull.

Romney is an excellent candidate and will make a fine president. Again, he's got a proven track record of working with both sides to get things done.

Something Obama is incapable of doing.
Why should the democrats want to work with Mitt? In the unlikely case of a Mitt win, I think they should do exactly as the republicans have.....

fairsheet

Senator
I don't remember any GOPs putting up much of a fight back when I suggested that McCain was as much selected FOR the GOP electorate back in '08, as he was chosen BY the GOP electorate. The same is true in the case of Romney - in spades. So yeah.....it IS a little odd that McCain would choose to rub this parallel in the GOP electorate's faces like this.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
By forward progress do you mean "has Obama gotten us back to where we were before Bush trashed the place"? No. Remember that the unemployment rate was 4.5% in 2001 and 8.2% when Bush went back to Crawford....it'll be a while for Obama to get us back to 4.5%......

fairsheet

Senator
By forward progress do you mean "has Obama gotten us back to where we were before Bush trashed the place"? No. Remember that the unemployment rate was 4.5% in 2001 and 8.2% when Bush went back to Crawford....it'll be a while for Obama to get us back to 4.5%......
While we're at it, let's compare the DJIA (one of America's better indices of wealth) when Li'l George took office, to when he left. Li'l George "disappeared" America's wealth by 25%. The Fox/GOp's favorite boogeyman - Pres. Carter, left office with a DJIA "deficit" of 1%. All things considered - mostly that we expect for our presidents to GROW our wealth, a 25% REGRESSION is pretty darned significant.

For what it's worth in terms of the DJIA - in 3 years - Obama has recovered everything Li'l George lost, AND tacked on another 20% for good measure. That's not bad...not bad at all.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
The McCain plan/early nomination worked so well in 2008 didn't it? The 2008 Dem nominating campaign proved that a long one is not a bad thing. Of course,it was pretty much an issues/policy contest. Maybe Estabishment GOPS don't think their party is capable of that. Scorced earth must be a hard habit to break.

Friday13

Governor
McCain made a big deal of his "work with the president" promise after Obama was elected...he can't be trusted any more than the rest of them. He has his orders to promote Mutt like he was promoted in 08 'cause it's "Mutt's turn". Republicans are, indeed, a cult...a brainwashed hive mentality.