• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Milquetoast Merrick to name special counsel in Trump criminal probe

Spamature

President

Anyone surprised that Milquetoast Merrick is passing the buck? Nearly 2 years and NOTHING.......

View attachment 73098
Did not see your post.

But...
This is what was supposed to happen.

Garland wouldn't handle the case personally.
He would appoint someone.

I don't understand why this is frowned upon as a sign of weakness.

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
Did not see your post.

But...
This is what was supposed to happen.

Garland wouldn't handle the case personally.
He would appoint someone.

I don't understand why this is frowned upon as a sign of weakness.

That's probably true - you probably also think that Biden has been doing a great job and that Jimmy Carter was a wonderful President.

What was supposed to happen? Obviously Trump should have been investigated and a case made against him or the case should have been dropped. It should not have taken this long. It should have been done over a year ago and Trump should be serving his sentence by now.

Milquetoast Merrick has dawdled and delayed all of this time. TRUMP's Justice Department convicted more Trump insiders than Biden's. That's pathetic.

images.jpg

Spamature

President
That's probably true - you probably also think that Biden has been doing a great job and that Jimmy Carter was a wonderful President.

What was supposed to happen? Obviously Trump should have been investigated and a case made against him or the case should have been dropped. It should not have taken this long. It should have been done over a year ago and Trump should be serving his sentence by now.

Milquetoast Merrick has dawdled and delayed all of this time. TRUMP's Justice Department convicted more Trump insiders than Biden's. That's pathetic.

View attachment 73102
Putting a US POTUS in jail is a BIG thing.

Especially when he is also the world's biggest voluntary cult leader.

Your case better be tight and your aim steady.

You can not be wrong, and you can not miss.

You're about to see the opposite of that play out when the GOP impeaches Biden.

You don't want to end up looking like them.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Milquetoat Merrick is just another poor Joe Biden choice. Biden should fire his azz and replace him with someone willing to do the job they take a paycheck for.
Dunno who you’re referring to besides Garland. But Garland has failed the American people, no doubt.

PNWest

Dunno who you’re referring to besides Garland. But Garland has failed the American people, no doubt.

I'm talking about Fed Chair Marshmallow Jerome Powell. Biden apologists rightfully say that Powell was bullied by Trump when interest rates should have been raised when Trump was in office yet Joe Biden re-appointed him and now we see the results.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
The Biden administration isn't like Trump's was where he thinks he can just tell the judiciary to follow the orders of the executive branch.

There's a name for that. Guess what it is.

You know, like "I can declassify docs just by thinking about it."

lol
Topic is Garland

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
The Biden administration isn't like Trump's was where he thinks he can just tell the judiciary to follow the orders of the executive branch.

There's a name for that. Guess what it is.

You know, like "I can declassify docs just by thinking about it."

lol
Remember what you said of "deflection"?

Bugsy McGurk

President
I'm talking about Fed Chair Marshmallow Jerome Powell. Biden apologists rightfully say that Powell was bullied by Trump when interest rates should have been raised when Trump was in office yet Joe Biden re-appointed him and now we see the results.
Well, Powell doesn’t make the rate decisions - the Fed board does - but let’s pretend he does. Do you think the Fed made a mistake in raising the rates?

PNWest

Well, Powell doesn’t make the rate decisions - the Fed board does - but let’s pretend he does. Do you think the Fed made a mistake in raising the rates?
They made a GIANT mistake in NOT raising rates long ago. Because of this they had to raise them at historically high amounts.

By the way - if Powell in no big deal then you must agree that Trump wouldn't have gained anything by bullying him then would he?

Bugsy McGurk

President
They made a GIANT mistake in NOT raising rates long ago. Because of this they had to raise them at historically high amounts.

By the way - if Powell in no big deal then you must agree that Trump wouldn't have gained anything by bullying him then would he?
Trump bullied the whole Fed board - they set the rates. But yes, Trump gained by bullying them into not raising the rates early in his presidency.

Back to my question - did the Fed make a mistake in raising the rates?

PNWest

Trump bullied the whole Fed board - they set the rates. But yes, Trump gained by bullying them into not raising the rates early in his presidency.

Back to my question - did the Fed make a mistake in raising the rates?
Asked and answred repeatedly. But for you one last ime:

No - they had to raise rates. This should have been started 15 months ago or so. Had they done it then inflation could have been tamed before it caught fire. It's like putting out a campfire before it turns into a forest fire. Powell and the Fed failed. Biden re-nominated him knowing full well he was a marshmallow. Is it wrong to think that Powell's marshmallow-like nature may have been a positive attribute in Biden's opinion? Who knows - I think Biden felt he could be bullied and then miscalculated the inflationary pressures which is what led to this mess.

Hopefully that answers your question and educates you somewhat about why we are in this mess and how the Fed could have mitigated it.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Asked and answred repeatedly. But for you one last ime:

No - they had to raise rates. This should have been started 15 months ago or so. Had they done it then inflation could have been tamed before it caught fire. It's like putting out a campfire before it turns into a forest fire. Powell and the Fed failed. Biden re-nominated him knowing full well he was a marshmallow. Is it wrong to think that Powell's marshmallow-like nature may have been a positive attribute in Biden's opinion? Who knows - I think Biden felt he could be bullied and then miscalculated the inflationary pressures which is what led to this mess.

Hopefully that answers your question and educates you somewhat about why we are in this mess and how the Fed could have mitigated it.
I see. So you bash Biden for re-appointing Powell because he has presided over a Fed board that has raised rates, which are decisions you support.

That’s some VERY weak tea.

;-)

PNWest

I see. So you bash Biden for re-appointing Powell because he has presided over a Fed board that has raised rates, which are decisions you support.

That’s some VERY weak tea.

;-)
It's the timing and you know it. Biden nominated a Fed President that had already SHOWN that he could be manipulated.

It's like driving a car. Powell didn't hit the brakes until it was too late to prevent the car from going over the cliff. You argument about me is saying "you wanted Powell to hit the brakes - and he did what you wanted" - you know that is BS.

You on the other hand want to have it BOTH ways - Powell was a marshmallow under Trump but somehow he was the right guy to re-nominate under Biden.

Bugsy McGurk

President
It's the timing and you know it. Biden nominated a Fed President that had already SHOWN that he could be manipulated.

It's like driving a car. Powell didn't hit the brakes until it was too late to prevent the car from going over the cliff. You argument about me is saying "you wanted Powell to hit the brakes - and he did what you wanted" - you know that is BS.

You on the other hand want to have it BOTH ways - Powell was a marshmallow under Trump but somehow he was the right guy to re-nominate under Biden.
Nah, I can’t pretend to know the dynamics under Trump. Again, the Fed board makes the rate decisions, not the Fed chair. They sure should have raised rates early in Trump’s term, and they didn’t, but I can’t say what Powell would have done left to his own devices. Neither can you.

But under Biden, Powell and the Fed board did what you wanted done - they raised the rates. Yet here you are criticizing Biden for re-nominating Powell.

Again, that is some very weak tea. Kinda like dishwater.

;-)