• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Mitt Romney- a "weak juggernaut"

Lukey

Senator
59% say he's acceptable Lukey? Lol.. good luck with the other 41%!! :~D
They'll come around once the primary race is over. What are they gonna do - sit home and let Obama win re-election? Some of the idiotic ones might but they will be vastly outnumbered by the moderate independents (such as myself) who are only too willing to vote for Mitt to put an end (once an for all) to Obamunism.

GordonGecko

President
They'll come around once the primary race is over. What are they gonna do - sit home and let Obama win re-election? Some of the idiotic ones might but they will be vastly outnumbered by the moderate independents (such as myself) who are only too willing to vote for Mitt to put an end (once an for all) to Obamunism.
Well, first, Mitt will have to sell you and Barbella out, Lukey...and he will.

Once the Nomination is locked up...look for "old Massachusetts Mitt" "Romneycare" Mitt to re-emerge.

He knows he has YOUR votes (both of you) via Obama Derangement Syndrome...so he faces no danger ignoring even contradicting you.

GordonGecko

President
WILL, he's on the exact same glide-path of "momentum" that guys like Bob Dole and John McCain had.....how'd they do?

Lukey

Senator
Well, first, Mitt will have to sell you and Barbella out, Lukey...and he will.

Once the Nomination is locked up...look for "old Massachusetts Mitt" "Romneycare" Mitt to re-emerge.

He knows he has YOUR votes (both of you) via Obama Derangement Syndrome...so he faces no danger ignoring even contradicting you.
I doubt it, but regardless, we need a serious re-organization of the Federal government and he's the guy who I think can do it. We need to get our finances in order and again, I think he is the guy to do it. AND, he'll do it with an eye to (horrors!) improving the business climate here in America. You guys will deny it to the day you die but that is EXACTLY what we need to do. And THAT'S why we have to stop you people from driving the country's agenda. You are quite simply driving the country over a cliff. We in the reality based community see it. You deranged Marxists don't. And that is, quite frankly, why we have to win this time.

GordonGecko

President
Why do you doubt it, Lukey? Was he a "rock-solid conservative" and "vehement opponent of statism" as Governor of Massachusetts???

You believe him NOW, when he has to pander to rightwing votes to get a Nomination?

You think he will spend ONE second worrying about losing your vote or Barbella's or anybody on the Hard Right?!?!?!? Or do what he must to win the Middle?

Lukey

Senator
Why do you doubt it, Lukey? Was he a "rock-solid conservative" and "vehement opponent of statism" as Governor of Massachusetts???

You believe him NOW, when he has to pander to rightwing votes to get a Nomination?

You think he will spend ONE second worrying about losing your vote or Barbella's or anybody on the Hard Right?!?!?!? Or do what he must to win the Middle?
What I think is he did what he did in MA because that is what his constituents wanted him to do. What I don't think is that you can extrapolate that to what he will do as POTUS. See, the one thing about a good private equity guy is the ability to go in, size up a situation and craft a winning strategy (like he did with the Olympics). THAT'S what I want him to do. Will I love it 100%? Maybe not. Will I think it is a huge improvement over Obamanomics? You betcha!

GordonGecko

President
No of course not, Lukey. The "Mitt Romney" running in 2011-2012, durin the Tea Party mania, isn't pandering or trying to portray himself as anything other that what he was before...and will be again.

"Old moderate, even liberal" Mitt is dead and buried. The guy who raised taxes, appointed liberal judges, and passed "Romneycare"....is no more. And will NEVER return. Hell, let's pretend he NEVER EXISTED.

Once-and-future Mitt is a die-hard staunch libertarian, laissez-faire capitalism guy who's going to go in there and privatize Social Security and Medicare and cut back Government to the size it was in 1910.

How could I EVER have doubted him.......or all those folks like Jonah Goldberg.

Lukey

Senator
No of course not, Lukey. The "Mitt Romney" running in 2011-2012, durin the Tea Party mania, isn't pandering or trying to portray himself as anything other that what he was before...and will be again.

"Old moderate, even liberal" Mitt is dead and buried. The guy who raised taxes, appointed liberal judges, and passed "Romneycare"....is no more. And will NEVER return. Hell, let's pretend he NEVER EXISTED.

Once-and-future Mitt is a die-hard staunch libertarian, laissez-faire capitalism guy who's going to go in there and privatize Social Security and Medicare and cut back Government to the size it was in 1910.

How could I EVER have doubted him.......or all those folks like Jonah Goldberg.
Feel free to jump into bed with the likes of Goldberg and Kristol. I find the prospect of doing that repugnant.

GordonGecko

President
Feel free to remain (or pretend to remain) to be naive about Mitt Romney and what he'll do to try to win this Fall....

and how little he'll have to worry about losing your vote.