• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Moderator Chris Wallace selects topics for first Trump-Biden presidential debate

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member

The brutal Supreme Court nomination battle, the worst pandemic to strike the globe in a century, a national economy flattened by the coronavirus, and the protests and violence that have flared in cities across the nation this summer will be some of the major topics Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden and President Trump will debate next week as they face off for the first time in the 2020 general election.

The nonpartisan Commission on Presidential Debates on Tuesday announced the issues that the moderator of the first debate – "Fox News Sunday" anchor Chris Wallace – has selected as topics for the showdown.

Wallace also included the Biden and Trump records and the integrity of the election – another crucial issue considering the president for months has railed against expanded voting by mail amid the pandemic, repeatedly charging that it would lead to a “rigged election.”

The nonpartisan commission – which has organized and conducted the presidential and vice presidential general election debates for more than three decades – cautioned that the topics listed are “subject to possible changes because of news developments.”

Debate topics
  1. The Trump and Biden Records
  2. The Supreme Court
  3. Covid-19
  4. The Economy
  5. Race and Violence in our Cities
  6. The Integrity of the Election

The first debate between the former vice president and the GOP incumbent in the White House will take place Tuesday, Sept. 29, at Case Western University and the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio. The format for the first showdown calls for six 15-minute long segments – with each segment dedicated to a particular topic.

The commission explained that topics were “announced in advance in order to encourage deep discussion of the leading issues facing the country.”

Biden and Trump will debate twice more – on Oct. 15 in Nashville, Tenn., and Oct. 22 in Miami, Fla. Democratic vice presidential nominee Sen. Kamala Harris of California and Vice President Mike Pence will debate once – in Salt Lake City, Utah, on Oct. 7.

Jack4freedom

Governor

The brutal Supreme Court nomination battle, the worst pandemic to strike the globe in a century, a national economy flattened by the coronavirus, and the protests and violence that have flared in cities across the nation this summer will be some of the major topics Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden and President Trump will debate next week as they face off for the first time in the 2020 general election.

The nonpartisan Commission on Presidential Debates on Tuesday announced the issues that the moderator of the first debate – "Fox News Sunday" anchor Chris Wallace – has selected as topics for the showdown.

Wallace also included the Biden and Trump records and the integrity of the election – another crucial issue considering the president for months has railed against expanded voting by mail amid the pandemic, repeatedly charging that it would lead to a “rigged election.”

The nonpartisan commission – which has organized and conducted the presidential and vice presidential general election debates for more than three decades – cautioned that the topics listed are “subject to possible changes because of news developments.”

Debate topics
  1. The Trump and Biden Records
  2. The Supreme Court
  3. Covid-19
  4. The Economy
  5. Race and Violence in our Cities
  6. The Integrity of the Election

The first debate between the former vice president and the GOP incumbent in the White House will take place Tuesday, Sept. 29, at Case Western University and the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio. The format for the first showdown calls for six 15-minute long segments – with each segment dedicated to a particular topic.

The commission explained that topics were “announced in advance in order to encourage deep discussion of the leading issues facing the country.”

Biden and Trump will debate twice more – on Oct. 15 in Nashville, Tenn., and Oct. 22 in Miami, Fla. Democratic vice presidential nominee Sen. Kamala Harris of California and Vice President Mike Pence will debate once – in Salt Lake City, Utah, on Oct. 7.
My prediction is that Biden will expose Trump as the unhinged lying scumbag that he truly is and that around 60% of those who watch the debate will say Biden won. Then Trump, you and the rest of the hardcore Trumpanzees will cry like little girls about the moderator being unfair.

What’s your prediction Marcus? Present it then we can compare notes after the debate. That’ll be fun.

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
My prediction is that Biden will expose Trump as the unhinged lying scumbag that he truly is and that around 60% of those who watch the debate will say Biden won. Then Trump, you and the rest of the hardcore Trumpanzees will cry like little girls about the moderator being unfair.

What’s your prediction Marcus? Present it then we can compare notes after the debate. That’ll be fun.
My prediction is that you're gonna give yourself an aneurysm if you keep freaking out like that. Learn to relax...go get laid...something.

As for the debate, I think Chris Wallace will be both fair, and tough, on both candidates. I think he will maintain control. I think that Biden, while probably being more tuned in than we've seen him in the last few months, will slip up and Trump will call him on at least a few of his responses.

I think the biggest issue for Biden will be the COVID topic. He has waffled back and forth repeatedly on the mask mandate idea. He keeps killing 2/3 of the US off, then walking it back. He was against the flight restrictions Trump instituted early on, until he was for them. It will be his worst topic.

Trump's best topic will be the economy. It was phenominal until COVID hit, and once we get past this to an extent, it would be so again with Trump in the oval office. Biden will eventually run out of rich people to fvck over, and thus tank the economy within a year.

Jack4freedom

Governor
My prediction is that you're gonna give yourself an aneurysm if you keep freaking out like that. Learn to relax...go get laid...something.

As for the debate, I think Chris Wallace will be both fair, and tough, on both candidates. I think he will maintain control. I think that Biden, while probably being more tuned in than we've seen him in the last few months, will slip up and Trump will call him on at least a few of his responses.

I think the biggest issue for Biden will be the COVID topic. He has waffled back and forth repeatedly on the mask mandate idea. He keeps killing 2/3 of the US off, then walking it back. He was against the flight restrictions Trump instituted early on, until he was for them. It will be his worst topic.

Trump's best topic will be the economy. It was phenominal until COVID hit, and once we get past this to an extent, it would be so again with Trump in the oval office. Biden will eventually run out of rich people to fvck over, and thus tank the economy within a year.
I am totally relaxed and looking forward to the debate. I also like Chris Wallace and think he will be fair and tough. Trump’s great economy was a result of trillion dollar tax giveaways to corporations and billionaires along with deregulating the banking industry while creating record deficits. Biden will shoot Trump down on the economic issues and set forth his economic plan which will benefit all Americans instead of just the fat cats.

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY

Bugs has a spare straight jacket .

You seem to need it
Thank God your kind is dying off.

Mr. Friscus

Governor

Interesting prediction, we'll see if it comes about.

However, what's so obvious is that you're such an angry poster.. name-calling, slanders... it's sad, and entirely bullying and divisive. You cancel the opportunity to have much debate if you're just going to insult people.

Jack4freedom

Governor
Bugs has a spare straight jacket .

You seem to need it
Thank God your kind is dying off.
Your kind is parading around pretending to be someone else blindly following a conman and hanging on his every lying word. Figure out who you really are, then get back to us. My kind is real Americans who are concerned that we have a “pathological liar who is totally amoral“ in the words of Ted Cruz in the White House now and that most, if not all of the Patriotic Americans that once served in his administration are all either fired or have resigned in disgust.

He has filled many of those important posts with unqualified lackeys. My kind includes several well respected people from both conservative, liberal and centrist views who have ALL come to the obvious conclusion that Trump is unfit for office and a danger to our Republic. We aren’t going anywhere Nutty.

Jack4freedom

Governor
Interesting prediction, we'll see if it comes about.

However, what's so obvious is that you're such an angry poster.. name-calling, slanders... it's sad, and entirely bullying and divisive. You cancel the opportunity to have much debate if you're just going to insult people.
I am not angry, just disgusted at the state of our country right now and especially with people like McConnell, Graham and Grassley right now. I have accepted that they will get their pick through, but I sure hope that Americans are conscious enough to get out and vote these obvious lying scumbags out of office.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
I am not angry, just disgusted at the state of our country right now and especially with people like McConnell, Graham and Grassley right now. I have accepted that they will get their pick through, but I sure hope that Americans are conscious enough to get out and vote these obvious lying scumbags out of office.
Just a refresher, the Democrats controlled the White House and Senate in 2010 (another mid-term election year) and rammed through Elena Kagan’s nomination

Is that BS?l

Who you need to be angry with is the Constitution, although it would be very selective since the Democrats have used the same process many many times.

Meanwhile, notice all the Democrats who spoke of how the SCOTUS just NEEDS 9 people ASAP to serve the country when Garland was in play are now saying the exact opposite.

Are you mad at them too?

How about stop being so angry and pissed off, stop hating people, and just talk political strategy. If one party can do it, the other can too. There's no need to hold double standards and get so worked up about it.

Jack4freedom

Governor
Just a refresher, the Democrats controlled the White House and Senate in 2010 (another mid-term election year) and rammed through Elena Kagan’s nomination

Is that BS?l

Who you need to be angry with is the Constitution, although it would be very selective since the Democrats have used the same process many many times.

Meanwhile, notice all the Democrats who spoke of how the SCOTUS just NEEDS 9 people ASAP to serve the country when Garland was in play are now saying the exact opposite.

Are you mad at them too?

How about stop being so angry and pissed off, stop hating people, and just talk political strategy. If one party can do it, the other can too. There's no need to hold double standards and get so worked up about it.
Kagan was appointed by Obama in the middle of his first term and was confirmed by over 60 Senators. What do you want? McConnell said that he refused to give Garland a hearing because it was a Presidential election year and he thought it was only fair to let the voters have a say in who got to pick the next justice after the election and inauguration. What Graham, McConnell and Grassley are doing and saying right now after what they said in 2016 is disgusting in my opinion.

How about if I just respond to what is happening the way I want to champ. Who do you think you are, Dr. Phil...Lol..Most of those I am interacting with here on this forum are angry snot nosed Trumpers who add insults in every post. You are usually more civil so I try to respond in kind to you.

Cheers

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
Your kind is parading around pretending to be someone else blindly following a conman and hanging on his every lying word. Figure out who you really are, then get back to us. My kind is real Americans who are concerned that we have a “pathological liar who is totally amoral“ in the words of Ted Cruz in the White House now and that most, if not all of the Patriotic Americans that once served in his administration are all either fired or have resigned in disgust.

He has filled many of those important posts with unqualified lackeys. My kind includes several well respected people from both conservative, liberal and centrist views who have ALL come to the obvious conclusion that Trump is unfit for office and a danger to our Republic. We aren’t going anywhere Nutty.

Oh , using 2016 Campaign speeches as Bible eh ? LOL

Your kind includes butthurt leftists, old hippie losers & people who call themselves 'conservatives' who are pissed they aren't getting invited to the parties in DC.

Here, I will 'splain it in HippySpeak

Your old road is rapidly agin' Please get out of the new one if you can't lend your hand

Jack4freedom

Governor
Oh , using 2016 Campaign speeches as Bible eh ? LOL

Your kind includes butthurt leftists, old hippie losers & people who call themselves 'conservatives' who are pissed they aren't getting invited to the parties in DC.

Here, I will 'splain it in HippySpeak

Your old road is rapidly agin' Please get out of the new one if you can't lend your hand
Biden is Leading Trump 60%-27% among voters under 30....Last gasp for old racist scumbags that make up a large portion of Trump supporters....Your ilk of butthurt crybabies are on the way out Nutty.

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!

and you're going to be more shocked than you were the morning after election night 2016

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
Biden is Leading Trump 60%-27% among voters under 30....Last gasp for old racist scumbags that make up a large portion of Trump supporters....Your ilk of butthurt crybabies are on the way out Nutty.

Leading ? Their votes tallied ?

Oh wait. You are crying about a CNN poll of like 1000 people. Yawn.
Elderly folks still believe in polls and live and die by them lol

That demo have always leaned democrat - for decades.
If you are 20 and not a liberal you have no heart, if you are 30 and not a conservative you have no brain.

Nothing new. maybe you forgot. Nap Time for you.