• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

More and more Americans turning to second even third jobs

Could be.
"We need five years of unemployment above 5% to contain inflation -- in other words, we need two years of 7.5% unemployment or five years of 6% unemployment or one year of 10% unemployment,” said Summers said in a speech in London Monday. “There are numbers that are remarkably discouraging relative to the Fed Reserve view.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-06-20/summers-says-us-needs-5-jobless-rate-for-five-years-to-ease-cpi

I would better off for the next 30 years if they just left interest rates near zero and let inflation run wild.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
"We need five years of unemployment above 5% to contain inflation -- in other words, we need two years of 7.5% unemployment or five years of 6% unemployment or one year of 10% unemployment,” said Summers said in a speech in London Monday. “There are numbers that are remarkably discouraging relative to the Fed Reserve view.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-06-20/summers-says-us-needs-5-jobless-rate-for-five-years-to-ease-cpi

I would better off for the next 30 years if they just left interest rates near zero and let inflation run wild.
Yes.people who thought ahead are well positioned

Bugsy McGurk

President

Inflation it's driving Americans to seek out second and third jobs to make ends meet
Your premise seems shaky. Haven’t wages increased on pace with inflation? If so, why do more people need multiple jobs due to inflation?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Your premise seems shaky. Haven’t wages increased on pace with inflation? If so, why do more people need multiple jobs due to inflation?

Bugsy McGurk

President
Is there some portion of that lengthy article addressing my point, in your judgment?

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Can't read fast? Not my problem. I believe segments of it are highlighted
Of course, statistically, wage growth has tracked NOWHERE NEAR inflation rates. We are WAYYY upside down on that. These idiotic propagandists are NO different than the bots you mods constantly battle…you just seem to abide the disinformation campaigns depending upon which HQ they are emanating from.

:)

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Of course, statistically, wage growth has tracked NOWHERE NEAR inflation rates. We are WAYYY upside down on that. These idiotic propagandists are NO different than the bots you mods constantly battle…you just seem to abide the disinformation campaigns depending upon which HQ they are emanating from.

I have the tyke stats..facts .. poof. Gone.

Bugsy McGurk

President

Gotta link, perchance?

No?

Bugsy McGurk

President
Hahaha! Good one. Bugsy hails from Botswana.
I think you’re lying again. Check this out…

“Summary: We estimate that increases in wage earnings in 2021 offset the higher cost of living due to inflation for most households with incomes between $20,000 and $100,000. Higher-income households saw their earnings rise by more than their cost of living, while the lowest-income households (below $20,000) saw their earnings rise by only one third of their increase in cost of living.

From Wharton. Do you surrender?

RickWA

Snagglesooth
I think you’re lying again. Check this out…

“Summary: We estimate that increases in wage earnings in 2021 offset the higher cost of living due to inflation for most households with incomes between $20,000 and $100,000. Higher-income households saw their earnings rise by more than their cost of living, while the lowest-income households (below $20,000) saw their earnings rise by only one third of their increase in cost of living.

From Wharton. Do you surrender?
That, of course, excludes VAST SWATHS of commerce items (by design). Ever the leftybot propagandist hack. How awful for you.