• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

More attacks on democracy coming

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
The mainstream media’s fixation with false equivalency between the two political parties and fear of criticism from the right has led to distorted coverage and misleading characterizations of the assault on democracy.

Voter suppression is called “tighter voting requirements.” The Republican’s descent into authoritarianism and its dalliance with violence is explained away as “polarization.” Meritless cases to overturn the election are described as “lawsuits stemming from the 2020 election,” and rarely is it made clear that “concerns about fraud” is a red herring or that the 2020 election was the most reviewed and reaffirmed in history (thanks to the slew of audits).

The media talks about the “lack of civility” in politics. But when do Democrats post videos depicting violence against Republicans? When do they follow Republican members down the halls of Congress to harass and scream at them?

Opinion | The media has given Republicans a free pass on assaulting democracy - The Washington Post

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Repeating the Big Lie and its offshoots is an ongoing threat to democracy.
Democracy needs truth to survive. Which do you want, democracy or authoritarianism?
We have "authoritarianism" now - the Democrats and all their mandates and overregulation, shoving policies not supported by the majority down our throats are the "authoritarians." There is no "big lie" - the idea that Joe got 81 million votes while now, less than a year later, has support in the 30% range is absurd. I have a very well tunes bullsh*t detector and it went off bigtime the night of the election when overnight suddenly millions of Biden votes showed up. Trump did better with African Americans and Latinos in 2020 than he did in 2016 and still lost? Horsesh*t!

Fully 80% of Americans support voter ID because THEY don't believe Joe got 81 million votes! So you and your friends are a tiny minority trying to codify the underhanded tactics Joe used to "win." I can't wait until you all get your heads handed to you in 2022 & 2024. No one deserves it more than you commies!

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
We have "authoritarianism" now - the Democrats and all their mandates and overregulation, shoving policies not supported by the majority down our throats are the "authoritarians." There is no "big lie" - the idea that Joe got 81 million votes while now, less than a year later, has support in the 30% range is absurd. I have a very well tunes bullsh*t detector and it went off bigtime the night of the election when overnight suddenly millions of Biden votes showed up. Trump did better with African Americans and Latinos in 2020 than he did in 2016 and still lost? Horsesh*t!

Fully 80% of Americans support voter ID because THEY don't believe Joe got 81 million votes! So you and your friends are a tiny minority trying to codify the underhanded tactics Joe used to "win." I can't wait until you all get your heads handed to you in 2022 & 2024. No one deserves it more than you commies!
Psychopath fascist Trump conned you. You need a refresher course on civics and a morality check.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
1639026094915.png

The Founding Fathers tried to protect us from the threat they knew, the tyranny that overcame ancient democracy. Today, our political order faces new threats, not unlike the totalitarianism of the twentieth century. We are no wiser than the Europeans who saw democracy yield to fascism, Nazism, or communism. Our one advantage is that we might learn from their experience.

On Tyranny is a call to arms and a guide to resistance, with invaluable ideas for how we can preserve our freedoms in the uncertain years to come.

middleview

President
Supporting Member

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I prefer a Representative Republic myself…which is what we have, BTW.
Those representatives are elected via democratic election...except for the president who is elected by electors who are elected by the voters...

The problem is the republican party is now kicking democrats off of election boards and appointing all republicans to run elections.

Georgia Republicans purge Black Democrats from county election boards

EatTheRich

President

Trump’s very narrow, technical victory in 2016 was reversed by the increased turnout in 2020. Strict voter ID laws are based on a big lie told by the media with the intent of suppressing lawful voters. Biden never was a popular candidate … he just benefitted from a huge anti-Trump groundswell.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Those representatives are elected via democratic election...except for the president who is elected by electors who are elected by the voters...

The problem is the republican party is now kicking democrats off of election boards and appointing all republicans to run elections.

Georgia Republicans purge Black Democrats from county election boards

Now isn't that something? For some reason (cough, cough), the black election board members are dumped.
Well, we know their true intent is to have people in place to overturn election results not in their favor. So we either have repubs not "seeing" what's going down or they're in favor of it.....in favor of dumping democracy for authoritarianism.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Now isn't that something? For some reason (cough, cough), the black election board members are dumped.
Well, we know their true intent is to have people in place to overturn election results not in their favor. So we either have repubs not "seeing" what's going down or they're in favor of it.....in favor of dumping democracy for authoritarianism.
Is there a problem with having elections in predominantly black areas which usually vote (D) having their elections controlled by white (R) party hacks?

Bronwyn

Unapoligetically Republican

Rachel Maddow MSNBC
@maddow

Washington Post editorial board: "Democracy works because people of good faith oversee the votes and respect the outcome of free and fair elections. Increasingly, the Republican Party threatens this foundational principle."

washingtonpost.com
Opinion | Promoters of election lies are seizing the machinery of U.S. democracy
Increasingly, the Republican Party threatens the foundational principle of free and fair elections.

7:24 PM · Dec 8, 2021
And then she quotes the madcow. LOL!

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
And then she quotes the madcow. LOL!
She posts the quote from the......

Washington Post editorial board: "Democracy works because people of good faith oversee the votes and respect the outcome of free and fair elections. Increasingly, the Republican Party threatens this foundational principle."
Which do you want, democracy or authoritarianism?

Bronwyn

Unapoligetically Republican
She posts the quote from the......

Which do you want, democracy or authoritarianism?
I want the democratic Republic we've always had. Quotes from some left wing hack and a liberal rag don't scare me like it does you.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I want the democratic Republic we've always had. Quotes from some left wing hack and a liberal rag don't scare me like it does you.
Does it scare you that states are doing their best to put republican party officials in charge of election boards in democratic areas?

Boca

Governor
Technically, the next attempt to overthrow a national election may not qualify as a coup. It will rely on subversion more than violence, although each will have its place. If the plot succeeds, the ballots cast by American voters will not decide the presidency in 2024. Thousands of votes will be thrown away, or millions, to produce the required effect. The winner will be declared the loser. The loser will be certified president-elect.

The prospect of this democratic collapse is not remote. People with the motive to make it happen are manufacturing the means. Given the opportunity, they will act. They are acting already.

How Donald Trump Could Subvert the 2024 Election - The Atlantic

Read all about it. And then think seriously if you want to live in a democracy or in a dictatorship.
Whoever wrote that is a little behind. It already happened in 2020.