• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

More people killed with hammers, clubs each year than rifles

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
According to the FBI annual crime statistics, the number of murders committed annually with hammers and clubs far outnumbers the number of murders committed with a rifle.

This is an interesting fact, particularly amid the Democrats' feverish push to ban many different rifles, ostensibly to keep us safe of course.

However, it appears the zeal of Sens. like Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and Joe Manchin (D-WV) is misdirected. For in looking at the FBI numbers from 2005 to 2011, the number of murders by hammers and clubs consistently exceeds the number of murders committed with a rifle.

Think about it: In 2005, the number of murders committed with a rifle was 445, while the number of murders committed with hammers and clubs was 605. In 2006, the number of murders committed with a rifle was 438, while the number of murders committed with hammers and clubs was 618.
And so the list goes, with the actual numbers changing somewhat from year to year, yet the fact that more people are killed with blunt objects each year remains constant.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/gun-rights/2013/01/03/fbi-more-people-killed-hammers-clubs-each-year-rifles#ixzz2Gy6Z2grH

http://nation.foxnews.com/gun-rights/2013/01/03/fbi-more-people-killed-hammers-clubs-each-year-rifles

Nestor2

Council Member
Hammers and clubs kill retail...gun kill wholesale.

The problem is not that someone was killed, but that technology made it easy to kill many. The thing is, why did they kill? How do we see that in advance and stop it, guns or no guns?

MaryAnne

Governor
I can tell you right now I am going to hide my hammers. Do not have any clubs at the moment,but if I ever get one,I will keep it under lock and key?

Check out the link to the FOX News article. It originated at Breitbart.com. They have taken statistics concerning blunt force trauma, and translated that to "hammers and clubs". What a bunch of maroons.

GordonGecko

President
Bernard, tell ya what...I'll give a lunatic a hammer and put 20 people 40 feet away from him and 30 seconds. How many people can he kill?

Now....give him a AR-15 and a large clip and how many people can he kill?

Z

zzigzzag

"Let's put a guard armed with a club outside all of our schools."

National Club Association.

MaryAnne

Governor

I want a hammer! I could drive nails while waiting for a shooter,if I could drive a nail straight. Not much good at that,either:eek:) But I could talk them to death! Would that work?

Bo-4

Senator
Lol (read the bull story at Breitbart). Andy's little sycophants are hard at work aren't they? If you were going to murder someone you'd typically use a "rifle"?

Well maybe, i guess.. assuming you wanted to mow down a movie theater or classroom full of folks.

So essentially they are comparing the total number of primarily onesy murders by hammer and club to rifle casualties via mass murder?

That's dumb.

Z

zzigzzag

Think about it: In 2005, the number of murders committed with a rifle was 445
awww.washingtonpost.com_blogs_worldviews_files_2012_12_firearm_OECD_UN_data3.jpg

GordonGecko

President

Brilliant, zig. It's always best when you can use their own silliness against them, when they contradict themselves.

"Hammers are more dangerous than guns"....okay....so then why do you want concealed-carry and guards armed with guns at schools? Why not carry around a tack hammer???

NightSwimmer

Senator
Brilliant, zig. It's always best when you can use their own silliness against them, when they contradict themselves.

"Hammers are more dangerous than guns"....okay....so then why do you want concealed-carry and guards armed with guns at schools? Why not carry around a tack hammer???

Wouldn't that be an "Attack Hammer"? ;)

Bugsy McGurk

President
According to the FBI annual crime statistics, the number of murders committed annually with hammers and clubs far outnumbers the number of murders committed with a rifle.

This is an interesting fact, particularly amid the Democrats' feverish push to ban many different rifles, ostensibly to keep us safe of course.

However, it appears the zeal of Sens. like Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and Joe Manchin (D-WV) is misdirected. For in looking at the FBI numbers from 2005 to 2011, the number of murders by hammers and clubs consistently exceeds the number of murders committed with a rifle.

Think about it: In 2005, the number of murders committed with a rifle was 445, while the number of murders committed with hammers and clubs was 605. In 2006, the number of murders committed with a rifle was 438, while the number of murders committed with hammers and clubs was 618.
And so the list goes, with the actual numbers changing somewhat from year to year, yet the fact that more people are killed with blunt objects each year remains constant.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/gun-rights/2013/01/03/fbi-more-people-killed-hammers-clubs-each-year-rifles#ixzz2Gy6Z2grH

http://nation.foxnews.com/gun-rights/2013/01/03/fbi-more-people-killed-hammers-clubs-each-year-rifles
More people are also killed each year as a result of eating the wrong foods, or too much food. Millions more.

But food has great value to society, so we don't ban it.

Sane people look to both the benefits AND costs of something when deciding whether to ban or regulate it. Sane people do not ignore the benefits, or ignore the cost/benefit ratio. Dim-witted gun nuts do that.

GordonGecko

President
Wouldn't that be an "Attack Hammer"? ;)
Or the other one they always use....car accidents?

Okay, so why not have a guard at ever school in a car with the motor running, if they're more "deadly" than a gun???

BTW, seriously, when they mention cars...ask "Okay, we require registration and licensing to operate a car...so I guess you'll support reistration and licensing to operate a gun, right???"

jammer

Mayor
Yes, but it took 605 people with hammers to kill the 605 that died from their blows, but it only took 17 people to kill the 445 with guns. How many mass murders were committed by hammer blows?

jammer

Mayor
I want a hammer! I could drive nails while waiting for a shooter,if I could drive a nail straight. Not much good at that,either:eek:) But I could talk them to death! Would that work?
"If I had a hammer I'd hammer in the morning
I'd hammer in the evening all over this land
I'd hammer out danger, I'd hammer out warning
I'd hammer out love between my brothers and my sisters
All over this land"

Pete Seeger