• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Mr. President . . . Mr. President . . .how do you feel about Afghanistan getting the “world's most unhappy country” award?

1679662809942.png

Pictured Above - Afghanistan's Taleban leaders convene to discuss education for girls
Not Shown - women of Afghanistan attending the meeting.

In yesterday's column we deconstructed the 2023 “world happiest nation” report. Recap – Finland got the gold medal. USA in the top 20 – and beats UK, France, Germany. And Montana won the “happiest US State” award, with almost identical demographics/population density to Finland).

But once you parse those AI composed/plagiarized Finnish happiness reports, it dawns on you that everyone completely ignored the 10 LEAST happy countries. Drumroll please, while I open the envelope.

And the winner (loser) is . . . Afghanistan! AFGHANISTAN? Gesus . . isn't this the place we turned over to the Taleban? The same Taleban that killed thousands of US citizens at the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, and was narrowly prevented from taking out the White House too? THAT Taleban? How could ANYONE have foreseen that giving them an entire nation – without elections or human rights guarantees – would have resulted in a problem?

To get the answer to questions like this I attempted to interview President Biden. And was told “he's sleeping now and can't be disturbed.” Normally at this point I dream up some satiric “imaginary” interview and put words in the mouth of clueless politicians. But we all know (and try to ignore) that Biden isn't really running anything. We've seen countless videos of him waving off reporters, mumbling “they tell me I'm not taking questions”. Or being led away from a crowd by the easter bunny, or a 10-year-old girl bearing a flower basket a little flag.

I totally get it. Why we told Afghanistan to take this war and shove it. We weren't fighting to win – just to stabilize a corrupt government. And there WAS a US midterm election coming up. You don't want to have YouTube videos of Kabul in flames in the runup to the voting, do you?

There's probably no way we could have “won” in Afghanistan. Years of stalemate proved that. When psychopathic religious extremists set their hearts on something, you need a better strategy than confining yourself to a “green zone.” Only venturing out occasionally to check for roadside IEDs. But still, it IS kind of stunning to kowtow to the Taleban. Not that long after Malala Yousufzai won the Nobel Peace prize for surviving an Islamic assassination attack on her way to school, no? What . .. you don't remember that? Neither do our political leaders, apparently.

We have short attention spans. Everyone. DeSantis tried to blow off Ukraine the same way, only to reveal yet ANOTHER fault line in the already fractured republican party. The fallout – this probably locks Biden (his advisors, actually) into supporting Ukraine for-evah, unless they want to be accused of being as dumb as DeSantis. The man who bills himself as the only MCU Avenger able to stop Thanos – er – Trump. DeSantis has pivoted back to his core expertise. - Library books and drag shows. No more foreign policy initiatives.

But still, if you live in Ukraine, you have to doubt America's sincerity when we “friend” you. It clearly didn't work out for Afghanistan. That's probably at least part of the reason why Putin thought he could pull off a blitzkrieg invasion using mercenaries and prison inmates and Iranian garage made drones.

Rounding out the bottom 10 unhappiest places – besides Afghanistan: the most unhappy places on earth include a bunch of African dictatorships, several muslim theocracies, and India (!!) which runs all the toll free help desk for all of planet earth. Oh . . .and “Madagascar”. Yeah – the place Disney made a musical cartoon about. Full of adorable talking/singing animals. Madagascar is actually one of the unhappiest places on earth. But don't tell Disney's execs. They live in a bubble. All of America does. Including the White House and Montana.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
View attachment 74442

Pictured Above - Afghanistan's Taleban leaders convene to discuss education for girls
Not Shown - women of Afghanistan attending the meeting.

In yesterday's column we deconstructed the 2023 “world happiest nation” report. Recap – Finland got the gold medal. USA in the top 20 – and beats UK, France, Germany. And Montana won the “happiest US State” award, with almost identical demographics/population density to Finland).

But once you parse those AI composed/plagiarized Finnish happiness reports, it dawns on you that everyone completely ignored the 10 LEAST happy countries. Drumroll please, while I open the envelope.

And the winner (loser) is . . . Afghanistan! AFGHANISTAN? Gesus . . isn't this the place we turned over to the Taleban? The same Taleban that killed thousands of US citizens at the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, and was narrowly prevented from taking out the White House too? THAT Taleban? How could ANYONE have foreseen that giving them an entire nation – without elections or human rights guarantees – would have resulted in a problem?

To get the answer to questions like this I attempted to interview President Biden. And was told “he's sleeping now and can't be disturbed.” Normally at this point I dream up some satiric “imaginary” interview and put words in the mouth of clueless politicians. But we all know (and try to ignore) that Biden isn't really running anything. We've seen countless videos of him waving off reporters, mumbling “they tell me I'm not taking questions”. Or being led away from a crowd by the easter bunny, or a 10-year-old girl bearing a flower basket a little flag.

I totally get it. Why we told Afghanistan to take this war and shove it. We weren't fighting to win – just to stabilize a corrupt government. And there WAS a US midterm election coming up. You don't want to have YouTube videos of Kabul in flames in the runup to the voting, do you?

There's probably no way we could have “won” in Afghanistan. Years of stalemate proved that. When psychopathic religious extremists set their hearts on something, you need a better strategy than confining yourself to a “green zone.” Only venturing out occasionally to check for roadside IEDs. But still, it IS kind of stunning to kowtow to the Taleban. Not that long after Malala Yousufzai won the Nobel Peace prize for surviving an Islamic assassination attack on her way to school, no? What . .. you don't remember that? Neither do our political leaders, apparently.

We have short attention spans. Everyone. DeSantis tried to blow off Ukraine the same way, only to reveal yet ANOTHER fault line in the already fractured republican party. The fallout – this probably locks Biden (his advisors, actually) into supporting Ukraine for-evah, unless they want to be accused of being as dumb as DeSantis. The man who bills himself as the only MCU Avenger able to stop Thanos – er – Trump. DeSantis has pivoted back to his core expertise. - Library books and drag shows. No more foreign policy initiatives.

But still, if you live in Ukraine, you have to doubt America's sincerity when we “friend” you. It clearly didn't work out for Afghanistan. That's probably at least part of the reason why Putin thought he could pull off a blitzkrieg invasion using mercenaries and prison inmates and Iranian garage made drones.

Rounding out the bottom 10 unhappiest places – besides Afghanistan: the most unhappy places on earth include a bunch of African dictatorships, several muslim theocracies, and India (!!) which runs all the toll free help desk for all of planet earth. Oh . . .and “Madagascar”. Yeah – the place Disney made a musical cartoon about. Full of adorable talking/singing animals. Madagascar is actually one of the unhappiest places on earth. But don't tell Disney's execs. They live in a bubble. All of America does. Including the White House and Montana.
1. The Taliban didn't attack the US on 911.
2. The reason Afghanistan is a miserable place is because enough afghans fought against bringing the nation into the current century that the Taliban won the war. Blame the Taliban and their afghan supporters for that.
3. Our disaster in Afghanistan started when we let the Taliban and Al Qaeda escape into Pakistan in 2002. It continued as we kept the number of troops in country too low to actually destroy the Taliban and AL Qaeda focused on an unnecessary invasion of Iraq. By the time Obama surged 100,000 troops into afghanistan it was already too late. Bush should have pulled out in 2003 and let the recognized government take over....and he should never have invaded Iraq.

1. The Taliban didn't attack the US on 911.
2. The reason Afghanistan is a miserable place is because enough afghans fought against bringing the nation into the current century that the Taliban won the war. Blame the Taliban and their afghan supporters for that.
3. Our disaster in Afghanistan started when we let the Taliban and Al Qaeda escape into Pakistan in 2002. It continued as we kept the number of troops in country too low to actually destroy the Taliban and AL Qaeda focused on an unnecessary invasion of Iraq. By the time Obama surged 100,000 troops into afghanistan it was already too late. Bush should have pulled out in 2003 and let the recognized government take over....and he should never have invaded Iraq.
1. you are incorrect. The Taleban gave Osama Bin Laden protection, and refused to extradite him. They offered to try him in a "sharia" court, but never did.
2. you blame the victims for Afghanistan's misery? you'd make a great juror in a rape trial, middlebrow.
3. we agree that the west never committed enough troops to defeat islamic extremism. the same mistake Russia made in afghanistan, and is trying to rectify in ukraine.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
1. you are incorrect. The Taleban gave Osama Bin Laden protection, and refused to extradite him. They offered to try him in a "sharia" court, but never did.
2. you blame the victims for Afghanistan's misery? you'd make a great juror in a rape trial, middlebrow.
3. we agree that the west never committed enough troops to defeat islamic extremism. the same mistake Russia made in afghanistan, and is trying to rectify in ukraine.
1. Al Qaeda attacked the US. The Taliban was certainly complicit is allowing Bin Laden to train and plan the attack...but they did not attack us.
2. I blame the Taliban and the people who joined the Taliban in fighting against having a more modern country.
3. WTF? Russia has invaded Ukraine to defeat Islamic Extremism? Are you nuts?

1. Al Qaeda attacked the US. The Taliban was certainly complicit is allowing Bin Laden to train and plan the attack...but they did not attack us.
2. I blame the Taliban and the people who joined the Taliban in fighting against having a more modern country.
3. WTF? Russia has invaded Ukraine to defeat Islamic Extremism? Are you nuts?
thanks for making my case. The Taleban trains Bin Laden, and shelters him. And "useless idiots" Claim Al Qaeda is the only culrprit.

you're the pinnacle of logical thinking.

carry on. . . .

middleview

President
Supporting Member
thanks for making my case. The Taleban trains Bin Laden, and shelters him. And "useless idiots" Claim Al Qaeda is the only culrprit.

you're the pinnacle of logical thinking.

carry on. . . .
The Taliban trained Bin Laden? Where do you get such bullshit? Bin Laden brought an army to Afghanistan to fight against the Northern Alliance. The TALIBAN let Bin Laden attack us...they did not conduct the attack themselves.

You now want to argue that someone claimed Al Qaeda was the sole culprit....You're really scraping the bottom of the barrel here looking to avoid admitting you were wrong.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
You said the Taliban attacked the US on 911. That was false.
Threaddy McJacksalotview. The forum DNC apologist carefully crafts history to uniquely hammer GOPer clowns and give DNC clowns perfect reviews.

Someone get us some better shut-in jagoffs…this one’s nubless.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Threaddy McJacksalotview. The forum DNC apologist carefully crafts history to uniquely hammer GOPer clowns and give DNC clowns perfect reviews.

Someone get us some better shut-in jagoffs…this one’s nubless.
Cute nickname for a kindergarten class....
Once again proving you have little to offer in any debate. The post I responded to claimed the Taliban attacked the US on 911. Care to comment?

Last edited: