• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

My wife's best friend

Days

Commentator
Flash back 28 years ago, I had moved to Squirrel Hill (Pittsburgh) through the church (Living Stream Ministry) and was dating a divorcee sister, when all hell broke loose. The neighbor that my wife shared a duplex with, went nuclear and physically assaulted my wife to the point where she had to move out of her half of the house. Audrey worked at the Carnegie in the library's children section, she knew everyone in the city, but she only knew one person with a big enough heart to take her into her home until we could get an apartment. That was Ellen. Ellen was Japanese, and her husband was an engineer who would go back to work in Japan during the years we lived in Squirrel Hill.

So if you watch some old reruns of Mister Rogers, you will meet what were then Ellen's children, whom Audrey sent over to the show. By now, those kids are in their early 40's. Ellen lived just down the street from us, on Beacon street, and she would have us over for dinner, from time to time. So, while our own church excommunicated us (we both had been legally married - Christian churches tend to be idiots when it comes to divorce) we lived on with friends in the neighborhood, like Ellen.

Ellen eventually joined back up with her husband in Japan and still lives there today. Guess where in Japan? Yep, Fukushima. They lived through the meltdowns and the tsunami and the subsequent radiation cancers that the media refuses to talk about. Ellen is a woman of science. She has been treating herself, her family, and all her neighbors with homeopathic cures for the radiation... and all her neighbors were affected. No one escaped the radiation.

My wife remains close to Ellen, they communicate over the internet. Of course, Audrey is always preaching the gospel, which is received in the spirit, as the Japanese are a very spiritual people.

FTR, Audrey has turned 68 years old, I am now 61 years old, and our son of our old age Daniel will turn 23 years old on the 11th. Daniel will require one more semester in the Spring to graduate from UIC, so it will take him 5 years, he's an Industrial Engineer major. Daniel was born and raised in the Chicagoland area, he never met Ellen or her children.

Obla dee Obla da

Zam-Zam

Senator
Flash back 28 years ago, I had moved to Squirrel Hill (Pittsburgh) through the church (Living Stream Ministry) and was dating a divorcee sister, when all hell broke loose. The neighbor that my wife shared a duplex with, went nuclear and physically assaulted my wife to the point where she had to move out of her half of the house. Audrey worked at the Carnegie in the library's children section, she knew everyone in the city, but she only knew one person with a big enough heart to take her into her home until we could get an apartment. That was Ellen. Ellen was Japanese, and her husband was an engineer who would go back to work in Japan during the years we lived in Squirrel Hill.

So if you watch some old reruns of Mister Rogers, you will meet what were then Ellen's children, whom Audrey sent over to the show. By now, those kids are in their early 40's. Ellen lived just down the street from us, on Beacon street, and she would have us over for dinner, from time to time. So, while our own church excommunicated us (we both had been legally married - Christian churches tend to be idiots when it comes to divorce) we lived on with friends in the neighborhood, like Ellen.

Ellen eventually joined back up with her husband in Japan and still lives there today. Guess where in Japan? Yep, Fukushima. They lived through the meltdowns and the tsunami and the subsequent radiation cancers that the media refuses to talk about. Ellen is a woman of science. She has been treating herself, her family, and all her neighbors with homeopathic cures for the radiation... and all her neighbors were affected. No one escaped the radiation.

My wife remains close to Ellen, they communicate over the internet. Of course, Audrey is always preaching the gospel, which is received in the spirit, as the Japanese are a very spiritual people.

FTR, Audrey has turned 68 years old, I am now 61 years old, and our son of our old age Daniel will turn 23 years old on the 11th. Daniel will require one more semester in the Spring to graduate from UIC, so it will take him 5 years, he's an Industrial Engineer major. Daniel was born and raised in the Chicagoland area, he never met Ellen or her children.

Obla dee Obla da
I enjoy reading your posts, in part because you discuss things that are actually important and don't get bogged down in the minutia that most of us dwell on regularly. It's a refreshing perspective.

I feel better knowing that Audrey and Ellen found each other....It makes for a better world.

Thank you for sharing. Pax vobiscum.

Days

Commentator
I enjoy reading your posts, in part because you discuss things that are actually important and don't get bogged down in the minutia that most of us dwell on regularly. It's a refreshing perspective.

I feel better knowing that Audrey and Ellen found each other....It makes for a better world.

Thank you for sharing. Pax vobiscum.
The wife and I have been together 28 years, but her friendship with Ellen goes back 5 years earlier. I thought it was interesting that these two gals intersected with Mr. Rogers and with the Fukushima disaster. At least, it wasn't politics as usual around here. Thanks for commenting Zam, put a smile on my face in the middle of the constitutional crisis happening right now.

Days

Commentator
Okay, hey, this 2022 and Martin is still my son's best friend. Martin travels all over the world, but I still hear his voice on my son's computer as the same set of friends have been playing so many games down through the years. Right now they are sailing man-of-wars and having a riot.

Back at Christmas time, some giant Catholic Church downtown (Chicago) invited Martin as their guest of honor to their Christmas Eve service. Daniel drove him there in my car and was part of the entourage. They got home 3:45 AM and the wife and I got up and fed the two of them and Martin slept over. Martin then spent Christmas day with us, it isn't a holiday we celebrate, we just hadn't visited in person in so long. I gave Martin a big hug, like a prodigal son should get.

Daniel finally graduated from UIC, it took him 5 1/2 years to get his diploma. He graduated with honors by the skin of his teeth. He got his only D in the final semester in a math class called Differential Equations. If you can pass that class at all, you are happy.

I started trading stocks 10 months ago. The Gamestop revolution. Made a lot of money but lost a lot of money too~! The most interesting thing I did was sink every penny we had into Torchlight, which then became MetaMaterials in a merger that included a reverse split. So, I lost half my shares and then watched what remained drop in value from $10 to $4... all in one week of trading. I managed to completely buy into the worst stock on the entire market. LoL. But I will be getting a dividend from the merger and it should be worth enough to make the loss from the common stock not matter. This all happened over the summer, recently I took out a couple loans in order to buy into the OTC market that has been tanking for the past month. I'm excited about all my trades, now if we can just stay afloat until they pay off.

Meanwhile, my wife is sleeping alot. She turns 70 in October, I expect she will get there, which means we will see our 30th anniversary. Mexicans are not known for long lifespans. Her dad died at the age of 53, her younger sister passed at the age of 61, her mom made it to 78, I think. I've been watching the sleep hours get longer and longer in the past 5 years, right now she averages 7 hours awake and 17 hours asleep... she isn't sick, that's her normal sleep pattern. Daniel and Martin brought back a nasty flu bug from downtown, and Audrey caught it, then she slept for 20 straight hours at a time. I asked Jesus what it means, but I already know what it means, Jesus referred to death as sleeping... she is spending more and more time on the other side, one of these nights she will go and not return, that's all. I'm sure her spirit will return and haunt us, one more voice in my head, looking forward to experiencing that; we don't really die, we just move into bodies of light, it is way better than these broken down corrupt bodies we are dragging to the end, everyone who dies in the Lord is blessed, but I'm still crying while I type this.