• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

New Florida law bans residential protesting.

To my knowledge there is no constitutionally protected guarantee on private property. On public property sure.
We're talking about protesters on the streets and sidewalks in front of the house. The article is misleading about that. They mention protesters on the lawns but that's not what the law is about.

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
To my knowledge there is no constitutionally protected guarantee on private property. On public property sure.
The road and usually 20 feet of your property next to the street is public right of way and thus public land. If it were " private" then you could shut the road and sidewalk down now couldn't you.

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
I believe the law prohibits the attempted influence of justices by menacing, threat of harm, etc
so what do you call the Jan. 6 "picnic" then ? That was private property - AMIRIGHT? There was " menacing, threat of harm" to say the least. In the right wing playbook the SCOTUS protestors should storm the front door and defecate on the judge's couch, steal his belongings and erect a gallows - all in the name of a peaceful protest

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have a specific incident you are referring to?

Or are you just annoyed that people are exercising their 1st Amendment rights and you want to criminalize it?
How do you mean? Are you saying there have not been protests outside justices homes???

I am not annoyed.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
so what do you call the Jan. 6 "picnic" then ? That was private property - AMIRIGHT? There was " menacing, threat of harm" to say the least. In the right wing playbook the SCOTUS protestors should storm the front door and defecate on the judge's couch, steal his belongings and erect a gallows - all in the name of a peaceful protest
Are you some sort of retard? Pretend to me there was some support on my part of Jan 6..?

Boltlady

Mayor
The road and usually 20 feet of your property next to the street is public right of way and thus public land. If it were " private" then you could shut the road and sidewalk down now couldn't you.
Is there something that says that 20ft thing is everywhere? If true I should send the city a bill for all the money I've paid through the years to have it's land mowed.