• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

New Illinois law bans cash bail - even for 2ND Degree Murder - They must be released

This is more insanity from the white-hating racist democrats who support crime.

sep 8 2022 When a new Illinois law takes effect next year, it will do away with the cash bail system in the state, meaning suspects charged with felonies, including second-degree murder, aggravated battery, and arson, will be released without bail.

The Counter Signal reports the Safety, Accountability, Fairness and Equity-Today Act, also called the SAFE-T Act, would end cash bail and includes 12 non-detainable offenses, second-degree murder, aggravated battery, and arson without bail, as well as drug-induced homicide, kidnapping, burglary, robbery, intimidation, aggravated DUI, aggravated fleeing and eluding, drug offenses and threatening a public official.

When the law takes effect on Jan. 1, 2023, criminals charged with the crimes mentioned above will be released without bail.

Colorforms

Senator

sep 8 2022 When a new Illinois law takes effect next year, it will do away with the cash bail system in the state, meaning suspects charged with felonies, including second-degree murder, aggravated battery, and arson, will be released without bail.

The Counter Signal reports the Safety, Accountability, Fairness and Equity-Today Act, also called the SAFE-T Act, would end cash bail and includes 12 non-detainable offenses, second-degree murder, aggravated battery, and arson without bail, as well as drug-induced homicide, kidnapping, burglary, robbery, intimidation, aggravated DUI, aggravated fleeing and eluding, drug offenses and threatening a public official.

When the law takes effect on Jan. 1, 2023, criminals charged with the crimes mentioned above will be released without bail.
Hmmm, I wonder if that's going to be a problem for all those new residents that Gov. Abbott is sending to Chicago?

protectionist

Governor
By now, it should be very plain. If you live in a Democrat city, MOVE OUT. If you don't live in a Democrat city, DON'T GO THERE. 1662956811231.png

don't ever call me a liberal. This is your only warning.

Anyway i'm just making a point lots of people have made. We say we believe suspects are innocent till proven guilty and yet we insist they pay bail because we think they're guilty.
It's ok..OK... you are growing up... and finding democratic policies to be the correct ones. You are days as a liberal are just beginning.
Congratulations on becoming a woman!

I don't like this though i admit requiring bail does contradict the principle "innocent until proven guilty".
Tongue-Twisting by Illiterate Liberal Language Lords

That's the dysfunctional language of slick lawyers. Innocence is a judgment. Rational English would change it to "not punishable until proven guilty." Even the accused who get acquitted are not necessarily innocent.

RickWA

Snagglesooth

Imagine my shock and surprise hopping into this thread and finding precisely ZERO lefties and/or Democrats…not a single ONE…decrying or opposing this Illinois oddity. Not. Even. One.

I don’t know why I keep finding this strange. I should be entirely accustomed to it by now.

Imagine my shock and surprise hopping into this thread and finding precisely ZERO lefties and/or Democrats…not a single ONE…decrying or opposing this Illinois oddity. Not. Even. One.

I don’t know why I keep finding this strange. I should be entirely accustomed to it by now.
I don't understand how anyone would oppose the correct policy position.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
I don't understand how anyone would oppose the correct policy position.
Interested to see other Democrats echo your affirmation that this Illinois law is “correct policy”. Thus far, they are merely MIA. Still though…zero off the reservation. Again.