• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

New stock market records set today in both the Dow and S&P 500

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Hilarious...this is about rules not yet implemented and this is why inflation popped up in 2021?
1712107157927.png

One more time, the idea that businesses do not invest (or disinvest) based on what the see in the way of future economic conditions is so dumb that I just lost a few IQ points from having to (again) explain that t you.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Disinvestment puts a lid on supply which, coupled with goosed demand from deficit spending creates inflation. This is economics 101 here...
What statistics can you find to show disinvestment? So far you're making it up as you go.

Let me remind you....oil production dropped by 30%...both US and Opec, in 2020. That was due to a drop in demand. That was not at all due to disinvestment...the oil companies could not store the surplus. They did not ramp up production until 2021 and at least one CEO admitted that was to increase profits....and it did. Now oil production has exceeded 2019 numbers.

If disinvestment is the cause then please explain the DJIA.

Last edited:

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Disinvestment puts a lid on supply which, coupled with goosed demand from deficit spending creates inflation. This is economics 101 here...
By the way....did you forget the shortages during the pandemic? Toilet paper...in fact, most paper products. Was that disinvestment or simply supply chain issues?

Companies responded to a drop in demand for some products and it took time to react to the increase in demand.

Raoul_Luke

By the way....did you forget the shortages during the pandemic? Toilet paper...in fact, most paper products. Was that disinvestment or simply supply chain issues?

Companies responded to a drop in demand for some products and it took time to react to the increase in demand.
It was the government closing businesses down to support its propaganda that Covid19 was going to kill us all if we didn't change votting rules to allow democrats to stuff the ballot boxes with harvested ballots. That, in and of itself, is not "disinvestment" but it is the kind of market intervention that engeders it.

Raoul_Luke

What statistics can you find to show disinvestment? So far you're making it up as you go.

Let me remind you....oil production dropped by 30%...both US and Opec, in 2020. That was due to a drop in demand. That was not at all due to disinvestment...the oil companies could not store the surplus. They did not ramp up production until 2021 and at least one CEO admitted that was to increase profits....and it did. Now oil production has exceeded 2019 numbers.

If disinvestment is the cause then please explain the DJIA.
Yet the price of oil is (once again) soaring:

1712164022227.png

I thought you said it was only the inability to ramp up production after the (government induced) reduction in production that caused inflation (and not Biden's proclaimed aim to put them out of business). Maybe you don't have as good a handle on this as you think you do.

I already did explain the DJIA - its rise is merely a reflection of the loss in the value of the dollars in which it is priced:

1712164428779.png

middleview

President
Supporting Member
It was the government closing businesses down to support its propaganda that Covid19 was going to kill us all if we didn't change votting rules to allow democrats to stuff the ballot boxes with harvested ballots. That, in and of itself, is not "disinvestment" but it is the kind of market intervention that engeders it.
Right...even though emergency rooms were over crowded, morgues were over whelmed, refrigerator trucks had to be used to store bodies....but there was no reason to try to limit the spread...what was Trump thinking when he declared a national shut down...yeah, it was all the democrats trying to harvest ballots...funny you have no evidence of massive ballot harvesting. Even funnier that Trump's two consulting companies hired to find election fraud could not find any substantial problems that would have cost Trump the election.

Again...back to your allegation that it was Biden's policies that caused inflation...you seem to wander off topic. Shortages were problematic during the pandemic. When demand increased in 2021, production had not ramped up to meet it. That starts with oil production...and rippled through the economy. The supply chain lagged because it took time to increase production among suppliers in China and then to transport to ports in China and the two or three weeks it took to ship to the US....How many shipping companies had docked their ships and only had care taker crews on board and had to rehire crews. How many trucking companies had laid off their drivers and had to bring them back? What about longshoremen idled by the pandemic.

Your f*cking hack attempts to blame Biden require a wafer thin intellect to accept as fact....good luck finding believers that aren't Trump voters.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Yet the price of oil is (once again) soaring:

View attachment 77734

I thought you said it was only the inability to ramp up production after the (government induced) reduction in production that caused inflation (and not Biden's proclaimed aim to put them out of business). Maybe you don't have as good a handle on this as you think you do.

I already did explain the DJIA - its rise is merely a reflection of the loss in the value of the dollars in which it is priced:

View attachment 77735
When you invest in an equity, are you pricing it in gold? I think you've latched on to another red herring. I buy stock in anticipation of the increase in profit and revenue...

By the way...notice that the big drop in value happened while Bush was president?

Oil price has gone up because of a huge increase in demand....How does your claim of Biden policy being to blame work here? Were you aware that OPEC cut production?

EXCLUSIVE-Russia orders companies to cut oil output to meet OPEC+ target (msn.com)

Halo

Council Member
Why are there "drop boxes" at all? It used to be that the USPS was able to collect and deliver ballots to the election centers in time. WTF happened? Democrats! Right @middleview . ha ha

How incompetent has the USPS become? Do we even need them if they can't do what they used to do?

Raoul_Luke

Why are there "drop boxes" at all? It used to be that the USPS was able to collect and deliver ballots to the election centers in time. WTF happened? Democrats! Right @middleview . ha ha

How incompetent has the USPS become? Do we even need them if they can't do what they used to do?
Because it attracts too much attention when you are dumping bushel baskets of harvested ballots onto the registration table at the polling places?

Raoul_Luke

When you invest in an equity, are you pricing it in gold? I think you've latched on to another red herring. I buy stock in anticipation of the increase in profit and revenue...

By the way...notice that the big drop in value happened while Bush was president?

Oil price has gone up because of a huge increase in demand....How does your claim of Biden policy being to blame work here? Were you aware that OPEC cut production?

EXCLUSIVE-Russia orders companies to cut oil output to meet OPEC+ target (msn.com)
If you are smart you do it is a store of value that is less vulnerable to manipulation. Despite all of the western world's governments' efforts to keep the price of gold from rising as the deficits ballooned to grotesque proportions, it is now breaking out to new all time highs. When they lose their last vestiges of control over gold prices, that "big drop in value" that "happened while Bush was President" will look like, well, a drop in the bucket...

Raoul_Luke

Right...even though emergency rooms were over crowded, morgues were over whelmed, refrigerator trucks had to be used to store bodies....but there was no reason to try to limit the spread...what was Trump thinking when he declared a national shut down...yeah, it was all the democrats trying to harvest ballots...funny you have no evidence of massive ballot harvesting. Even funnier that Trump's two consulting companies hired to find election fraud could not find any substantial problems that would have cost Trump the election.

Again...back to your allegation that it was Biden's policies that caused inflation...you seem to wander off topic. Shortages were problematic during the pandemic. When demand increased in 2021, production had not ramped up to meet it. That starts with oil production...and rippled through the economy. The supply chain lagged because it took time to increase production among suppliers in China and then to transport to ports in China and the two or three weeks it took to ship to the US....How many shipping companies had docked their ships and only had care taker crews on board and had to rehire crews. How many trucking companies had laid off their drivers and had to bring them back? What about longshoremen idled by the pandemic.

Your f*cking hack attempts to blame Biden require a wafer thin intellect to accept as fact....good luck finding believers that aren't Trump voters.
In fact it was the use of intubation that killed a huge percentage of level three hospitalized covid patients. There are also studies showing high levels of recovery in patients treated with Ivermectin. So yeah, it was a fake "emergency."

More than half of states allow a third party to collect ballots. And political groups and campaigns from both parties have run ballot-collection programs aimed at boosting turnout and ensuring voters who are older, homebound, disabled, or live far from U.S. postal services can get their ballot returned.

What is ballot harvesting? Here’s a look at the practice in the United States. – Sun Sentinel (sun-sentinel.com)

Nothing to see here, move along...

And "again" (not extreme MAGA) economist Larry Summers predicted precisely that inflation would be the result of Biden's idiotic "stimulus" bill. Like any non-ideologue, Larry knew that a false depression in supply (due to the "trumped up" covid responses) would quickly resolve itself when the jack boot of the covicists were removed from the necks of businesses that were ordered closed by the government. Of course, with Biden's constant efforts to throw sand in the wheels of the free market economy, that didn't happen.

The only "thin intellects" in this discussion are those whistling past the economic grave yard where Larry Summers is shoveling dirt on their efforts to cover for Biden's economic failures. Don't take my word for it, take theirs:

How voters feel about the economy: 4 takeaways from the latest polls | Brookings

The American people are not falling for your gaslighting...

EatTheRich

President
Biden Finalizes Significant Overhaul in Federal Regulations
New rules from the Office of Management and Budget will change how the federal government weighs costs, enabling new efforts on climate change and poverty.

Officials at the White House Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, a branch of the Office of Management and Budget, finalized a new and complicated set of rules on Thursday. They would change how federal agencies tally and weigh the potential value and harm of new regulations related to climate change, taxation, the distribution of disaster relief assistance and more.

The federal government has long used so-called benefit-cost analysis when setting regulations that cover business activity, environmental pollution and much more. Its rules guiding those regulations were last changed during the George W. Bush administration, prompting many economists to complain that officials were not taking updated economic data and cutting-edge research into account when issuing regulations that can have vast consequences immediately and in the future.

The newly issued changes to the guidelines will require regulators to pay more attention to economic inequality, the shifting economics of a warming planet and other data sources that progressive economists have long complained are missing from the government’s cost-benefit analyses.

Biden Finalizes Significant Overhaul in Federal Regulations - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

LOL! Nothing to see here, move along...
Talk about something that will have a minuscule effect on the economy compared with unabated climate change.

EatTheRich

President
The government closed businesses down to prevent 10 times as many Covid deaths. Most countries didn’t have an election but had much stricter Covid quarantines and for that reason much fewer deaths and less economic dislocation (since the strict quarantines permitted a rapid containment of the virus which was a much bigger problem for the economy than the mitigation measures). Ballot harvesting was not legalized anywhere where it was not already legal, and in any case merely permits the election results to be more representative of the will of the voters.