• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Next Fall, South Carolina Repubs will "despise" and "hate" their own Nominee.

GordonGecko

President

lilly

Council Member
Rather strange to push for a nominee that their own party can not stand but that is exactly what is happening.

GordonGecko

President
Rather strange to push for a nominee that their own party can not stand but that is exactly what is happening.
This could be the strangest nomination I can think of. Somebody who is the Nominee for President of the United States whose own Party hates, but who became Nominee by simple virtue of continual "plurality wins" because the Base was divided between several candidates so long that eventually that person became "Nominee by default".

Kennedy ran against Carter in 1980...but I don't think Democrats "hated" and "despised" Carter.

And Repubs nominated McCain last time who many "didn't care for" or "distrusted" because he had "gone Maverick" a lot on various issues (Bush tax cuts, McCain-Feingold)....but again, I don't think that many HATED McCain.

But here's Romney and a Tea Party (supposedly the "new voice" of the Right) person saying they loathe the man that it looks like WILL be their Nominee for President?!?!?!?