• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

NFL apologizes....for ignoring racial injustice

reason10

Governor
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell Issues Major Apology On Friday Regarding Previous Protests By Players. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell stated Friday that his league made a mistake. Goodell said the league was wrong for not listening to players fighting for racial equality and encouraged them to peacefully protest.

Goodell owes Colin Kaepernick a personal apology.
View attachment 52794
What racial injustice?

You mean Kaepernick getting paid MILLIONS by NIKE even though he's such a lousy quarterback that no NFL team will hire him?

I guess it didn't bother you that his actions cost the NFL almost an entire season, because decent people stopped going to the games or watching them on TV.

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
People only have so many hours in a day to waste and playing a game is constructive while watching is destructive.
depends on what you did with the rest of your day. Time to wind down can be valuable. A day of work, followed by cooking dinner and time with the kids that ends with an hour of Monday night football doesn’t seem like the end of the world.

Monday night football doesn’t seem like the end of the world.
And yet it has become just that. You'd be better off sleeping than watching a monotonous game (after so many years of watching it nothing new - same shit different day different name). I know. I used to be a sports fan until 20 or 23 years ago when I outgrew it. In hindsight I wish I had all that time back and actually spent it wisely. What a gross waste that was and I lived through and greatly appreciated some great sports eras.

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
And yet it has become just that. You'd be better off sleeping than watching a monotonous game (after so many years of watching it nothing new - same shit different day different name). I know. I used to be a sports fan until 20 or 23 years ago when I outgrew it. In hindsight I wish I had all that time back and actually spent it wisely. What a gross waste that was and I lived through and greatly appreciated some great sports eras.
Do you think that this is a better use of your time?

Do you think that this is a better use of your time?
Well, certainly more so than pissing away time watching deja vu all over again.

@EatTheRich and others who have left have provided food for thought, fodder, communication practice, and through iteration a refining of my thoughts (though they were pretty advanced to begin with if I say so myself). To their chagrin I hope this practice room will forge something to put to very good use for this next election cycle. I did last time but maybe far more so this time. It's important this time. ;0)