• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

No courage to control guns, including under this administration

Bugsy McGurk

President
Most of America (mainstream conservative Republicans) have no problem with reasonable gun control:

1. No gun sales to minors.
2. No gun sales to convicted felons.
3. No gun sales to illegal aliens.
4. No gun sales to insane people, (which would pretty much rule out ALL Democrats.)

The state of Florida instituted a PERFECT gun control law under Governor Jeb Bush. It was called 10-20-LIFE. Take a gun to a Crime and you get TEN years, statutory. Fire the gun and it's 20 years. Hit someone and it's life. That should be the national gun control law. It targets the criminals.

I don't think we're there yet where we overturn the Constitution ("question everyone that posts...") just because something went wrong.

But if you're uncomfortable with the risks that freedom and liberty and the constitution give our citizens, feel free to move to Cuba or North Korea. You won't find ANY major gun crimes committed there.
You should know that those who slaughter people with guns aren’t deterred by 10 year sentences. They are typically fine with dying while committing their slaughters.

Carry on.

reason10

Governor
I've been reading some articles (4 so far) - all have been deficient in talking about if the school is a gun free zone, if anybody was armed, and able to stop the jerk. Apparnetly nobody was.

I repeat - I guess the good guy with a gun was not there, or the bad guy would have been stopped.
Teachers are divided on whether or not to be armed in class. I'm divided on that. Certainly it's a quick solution. But Florida teachers are constantly under the gun to push our superior students, and a lot of them might be uncomfortable with having to carry a pistol. (Of course, Florida schools DO have armed resource officers, AND I DO MEAN ARMED, with all the weapons a regular beat cop would have. With the exception of our idiotic blue county Broward, our schools are pretty safe.)

Blue states could EASILY arm and train teachers to maintain peace on campus. After all, they aren't really teaching any actual academic subjects, and they are graduating morons who can't even read their own diplomas, so by all means, let's arm those teachers.

Hell, make the guns an entitlement. They can even buy bullets with "ammunition stamps."

I think you want the stellar example given to the world by Cuba and North Korea. You're more than welcome to move to either of those wonderful countries and feel safe.
America has always been the home of the brave. A place with this much liberty, capitalism and a higher standard of living does not come without risks.
You should move. You'd be safer.
More like Europe or Japan- also free with gun deaths being a fraction of what they are here.

reason10

Governor
I disagree. We have a lot of people that are unstable of mind
Makes you wonder how we came to this point in time.

Why were there no shootings in the late 50s, early 60s?
Why did these incidents begin popping up towards the end of the last century and well into this one?
What changed?
Was it the water?

reason10

Governor
More like Europe or Japan- also free with gun deaths being a fraction of what they are here.
Why are MILLIONS of Europeans and Japanese wanting to move to this unsafe country, if their societies are so superior and so peaceful? It would be like a Floridian wanting to move to Somalia?
And why aren't there MILLIONS of liberals waiting in line to emigrate to Europe and Japan, where everything is more enlightened, more peaceful?

reason10

Governor
Any source I provide you will just dismiss as liberal. So I am not going to play that stupid game.
In the past, you've cited CNN, so you obviously do not know what a reliable source is. Don't blame me for your inadequacies.

The gun culture is the NRA implanting the idea that guns are cool and its "American" to own them.

Let's see the proof. Show an article AND USE THE NRA'S OWN WEBSITE to prove that it is actively implanting the idea that guns are cool and it's American to own them.
https://home.nra.org/
Do the research. Find SOMETHING in that website that says guns are cool and it's American to own them.

It's a stupid marketing scam perpetrated by the gun companies to sell more gun to whoever wants one for whatever reason regardless of their capacity to handle the responsibility of gun ownership.

Oh, it's marketing? That's cool. My degree is in business and marketing. Let's look at some gun makers.
https://www.colt.com/
(Didn't know those pistols were so expensive. Well, I'm not going to buy a gun any time soon.)
https://hk-usa.com/

https://www.smith-wesson.com/

https://charterfirearms.com/
Okay. Your homework (Yeah, I know. You're from a blue state and probably have never heard the word "Homework" before. Superior Florida students are used to it) is to go into EACH website and find the scam to sell more guns "for whatever reason" and "regardless of their capacity to handle the responsibility of gun ownership."

I might even give you a little head start here. From the SMith And Wesson site, there is a link to Safety.
https://www.smith-wesson.com/safety/product-safety-information

Product Safety Information

In addition to providing handguns and rifles for competition shooting and protection, Smith & Wesson also offers gun safety tips to ensure proper handling.

Five Basic Handgun Safety Rules

Firearm Safety, Operation & Maintenance

Safe Storage & Transportation

Anyway, you're homework is due tomorrow, so get to work.

reason10

Governor
Want Gun Control? Here are some practical avenues that every gun owner should observer.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/gunsmarts
There are videos about everything, including
Intro to night sights
Reloading
Concealed Carry for women
Importance of practice
How ammo works
Owner and firearm relationship
Safe gun storage.

It's a long list. Liberals, educate yourselves. Read.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Because we have tried for the past 20 years, and it isn't good enough.
What have we tried as relates the infirm? To my recollection the Buffalo shooter was known to the fbi, but they did nothing. That's where the action should have taken place, that's where the intervention should have started, well before it got to what it got to.

Why are MILLIONS of Europeans and Japanese wanting to move to this unsafe country, if their societies are so superior and so peaceful? It would be like a Floridian wanting to move to Somalia?
And why aren't there MILLIONS of liberals waiting in line to emigrate to Europe and Japan, where everything is more enlightened, more peaceful?
There are plenty of people that immigrate both way for any number of reasons.
Somalia has better beaches than Florida.
THAT IS A FACT.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Of course. But do you support rigorous mental health screening for anyone wishing to buy a gun?
I said what I said above. I support rigorous screening as it relates the purchase of guns. I also support the rigorous pursuit and investigation of potential mental health issues for any individual that would post threats of violence on their websites, or in social media.

Example ..some kid posts I'm gonna shoot up a school.... Boop.... Ejected from school...intense mental health screening and detention

What have we tried as relates the infirm? To my recollection the Buffalo shooter was known to the fbi, but they did nothing. That's where the action should have taken place, that's where the intervention should have started, well before it got to what it got to.
Yes, no reason to double down on stuff that doesn't work.
Time for a radically different approach.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Most of America (mainstream conservative Republicans) have no problem with reasonable gun control:

1. No gun sales to minors.
2. No gun sales to convicted felons.
3. No gun sales to illegal aliens.
4. No gun sales to insane people, (which would pretty much rule out ALL Democrats.)

The state of Florida instituted a PERFECT gun control law under Governor Jeb Bush. It was called 10-20-LIFE. Take a gun to a Crime and you get TEN years, statutory. Fire the gun and it's 20 years. Hit someone and it's life. That should be the national gun control law. It targets the criminals.

I don't think we're there yet where we overturn the Constitution ("question everyone that posts...") just because something went wrong.

But if you're uncomfortable with the risks that freedom and liberty and the constitution give our citizens, feel free to move to Cuba or North Korea. You won't find ANY major gun crimes committed there.
Agree.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Makes you wonder how we came to this point in time.

Why were there no shootings in the late 50s, early 60s?
Why did these incidents begin popping up towards the end of the last century and well into this one?
What changed?
Was it the water?
Degeneration of the educational process, of parenting, and of instilling character and effort

A lot of what's done these days is teaching kids that it's everybody else's fault. Fingerpointing and blame

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, no reason to double down on stuff that doesn't work.
Time for a radically different approach.
Agree when somebody is screened by the FBI I think a radically different change would be to not let them go if they've threatened a school in their social media. Do you agree?

reason10

Governor
There are plenty of people that immigrate both way for any number of reasons.
Somalia has better beaches than Florida.
THAT IS A FACT.
With maybe the exception of South Beach in Dade County, Florida's beaches are much better than Somalia because it's likely you won't get shot on them by a warlord.

Frankly, I'd have no problem with the idiots here wanting to move to Europe. Let them chase the welfare dollars and 70 percent income taxes. They can leave and America can open the door to more LEGAL immigrants who have jobs, speak English and love this country. I'll take that over Democrats any day.

reason10

Governor
Degeneration of the educational process, of parenting, and of instilling character and effort

A lot of what's done these days is teaching kids that it's everybody else's fault. Fingerpointing and blame
Ben Shapiro summed it up: The breakdown of the family structure.
Why are so many blacks in prison? It's because 75 percent of all black kids grow up in single family households.

And it was Charles Murray who claimed that there is a looming white underclass, people following the same patterns. So it's not a racial thing. It's a societal thing.

Mixed views on education. Obviously blue states have inferior public schools. Florida's schools are the best in the country.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Ben Shapiro summed it up: The breakdown of the family structure.
Why are so many blacks in prison? It's because 75 percent of all black kids grow up in single family households.

And it was Charles Murray who claimed that there is a looming white underclass, people following the same patterns. So it's not a racial thing. It's a societal thing.

Mixed views on education. Obviously blue states have inferior public schools. Florida's schools are the best in the country.
Certain things are demonstrated here everyday... For example the inclination to blame everybody else for one's own failed effort. They did this to me and they did that to me, or they didn't educate my child and so on..

Everybody's abdicating their responsibility and then pointing the finger at somebody else whereas the responsibility has always been with oneself

Point every which way. This administration, too.

It's a mental health issue. We should be questioning everyone that posts or menaces with guns.
Gun control is like abortion. Its a political fund raising strategy. "Fixing it" probably requires using the constitutional amendment process. It's a more effective short term tactic to give speech, and watch the contributions arrive from single issue voters

Agree when somebody is screened by the FBI I think a radically different change would be to not let them go if they've threatened a school in their social media. Do you agree?
There are limitations to what can screenings can do. We already screen and it don't stop jackshit.
Just "screening harder" is not a very good plan.