• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

No courage to control guns, including under this administration

God of War

Governor
Let's assume you actually shot a person...now it is a felony...then the police would get involved...and if it is on State land the CBI. You'd be taken into custody and the gun dusted for prints.

If it turned out you were not a legal gun owner....a registered sex offender or known drug addict...or both. Now we go to the records to find the last time a background check was done for a buyer of that gun. Go to the gun shop where that was done and find that I bought the gun and had a check run then...but sold it to you without one.

Now I get charged as complicit in the crime. Let's say I claim the gun was stolen. Now you can either tell the truth about when you bought it and where and identify me as the seller or you take the hit for stealing the gun as well as the other crimes associated with the original shooting. And if I didn't report the theft then I get charged for not reporting it.
No, you didn't buy that gun new. You bought it used. And lets assume like is the greater case they don't catch me on the scene.

Now you claim I bought it, if you even remember me, but I deny it. I say you changed your mind. I have an alibi for the time of the crime and you don't.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
No, you didn't buy that gun new. You bought it used. And lets assume like is the greater case they don't catch me on the scene.

Now you claim I bought it, if you even remember me, but I deny it. I say you changed your mind. I have an alibi for the time of the crime and you don't.
But then the CBI reviews your posting record here and discovers what a right wing wack job you are....

Stupid tangent....I'm done here.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Stupid because of your illogical notion that a universal background check doesn't mean a universal gun registry ripe for use to confiscate guns.
Stupid because your premise shows no real thought process from you on reality.

For one thing, I've suggested a couple of changes to record that a background check was done for the purchase of a specific gun. That record would not identify the buyer or seller, but would aid in tracking the purchase. The gun shop keeps paper records that could be used to insure a background check had been done in the last transaction for that weapon.

People on your side hope to delay action until your NRA legislators can filibuster any action to help minimize the damage. Your slippery slope arguments are worthless...just like your thoughts and prayers are.

God of War

Governor
For one thing, I've suggested a couple of changes to record that a background check was done for the purchase of a specific gun.
"I've suggested?" meaning this isn't how it works in Colorado but you wish it did? That's real kosher there middler. ha ha

That record would not identify the buyer or seller, but would aid in tracking the purchase. The gun shop keeps paper records that could be used to insure a background check had been done in the last transaction for that weapon.
So NICS runs a background check on a name and social security AND associated serial number (with make and model by necessity) and they don't keep that record? They will instead run to the gun shop and ask for a copy? Do you even listen to what you're saying?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
"I've suggested?" meaning this isn't how it works in Colorado but you wish it did? That's real kosher there middler. ha ha

So NICS runs a background check on a name and social security AND associated serial number (with make and model by necessity) and they don't keep that record? They will instead run to the gun shop and ask for a copy? Do you even listen to what you're saying?
That is the way it is done today....and yes, I would add the record of the check regarding that gun. So? The record they keep would not amount to registration, since it cannot be used to confiscate weapons....to get the federal form stored at the FFL's shop, they would need a warrant.

You've "suggested" a gun registration system that could be used for a national gun confiscation. Is that what you think Kosher means?

God of War

Governor
That is the way it is done today....and yes, I would add the record of the check regarding that gun. So? The record they keep would not amount to registration, since it cannot be used to confiscate weapons....to get the federal form stored at the FFL's shop, they would need a warrant.

You've "suggested" a gun registration system that could be used for a national gun confiscation. Is that what you think Kosher means?
I don't think you know which end of the gun the bullet comes out of.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I don't think you know which end of the gun the bullet comes out of.
I was in the military and made it to E4....you have to qualify with a .45 to get there.
I've owned several guns....a .45 revolver, a .30 marlin, a 9mm S&W....and even a .36 cap and ball revolver....

So the "I don't think" part of your statement was absolutely true. You don't.

God of War

Governor
I was in the military and made it to E4....you have to qualify with a .45 to get there.
I've owned several guns....a .45 revolver, a .30 marlin, a 9mm S&W....and even a .36 cap and ball revolver....

So the "I don't think" part of your statement was absolutely true. You don't.
So you were very lucky until that 9 mil capped your brain pan I take it? ;0)

ha ha

God of War

Governor
If I had taken a bullet to the brain I would be posting at your intellectual depth....and I'd still be a republican.
But if you hadn't been then your gun registration plan and your election fraud denialism wouldn't have an explanation. I'm going with cognitive insult as your excuse for such kind of logical failure.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
But if you hadn't been then your gun registration plan and your election fraud denialism wouldn't have an explanation. I'm going with cognitive insult as your excuse for such kind of logical failure.
1. I have no gun registration plan. The file I spoke of would not identify the buyer. It would show when and where a background check was done for the purchase of a gun.

2. Your lemming like belief of the election fraud based upon the easily discredited sources on the right is indeed a sign of brain damage. What are your sources?

Dinesh D'Souza 2000 Mules?
Mike Lindell and his claims of an ability to hack the internet and read all the transactions between China and the US election systems?
John Lott and the statistics that he says since one county in PA voted for Trump, then some other county must have also?
Sydney Powell, Giuliani, Wood and the Trump lawyers who lost 61 lawsuits straight?
Gabelman and his out of thin air claims of bribery and contempt of court problem?
Cyber Ninjas and the AZ "forensic audit"?