• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

No DUI In This Deadly Accident Scene

Minotaur

Governor
Sometimes death or reality can come on a roadway through no bad intention.

While dining out we talked to our young server with the sad eyes. Somehow the eyes looked older and wiser in conflict with her years. We learned she was involved in an accident and a woman in the other car died. She wondered if she could have done anything differently to change that outcome. I didn't ask her who was at fault as fault seemed less important than seeing what she was living with. Sometimes someone can do everything right and it all falls apart simply by taking the wrong turn onto a road that holds your future whether you survive or not. Her eyes told the story. It was enough and I had no need to ask.

That is how it works sometimes when the best of intentions can go terribly wrong. We see it in politics as well when a good man or woman may think with their heart and take a wrong turn that takes them to their future and ages them. When you see it you just have to turn away from the disasterous results and move on but not invent a story that tries to find blame in others. If you witness those caught in life's mystery you can't forget their old eyes, you can only learn when there is nothing to gain from blaming without caring.

We had what I consider to be one of the most caring President I have ever seen when Bush became President. The exact moment he took a well intended wrong turn was here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNqQx7sjoS8&feature=related

The economic result is known. Don't pretend it away, don't forget it, don't blame the EMT's or the clean up crews as it is not something that can be undone. It just is sometimes when a wrong road takes it's toll and a good person is left to struggle to understand a loss. The toll shows in their sad eyes no matter the age, no matter the loss, no matter the situation or road taken. We can only remember to learn or be there to care. We can't close our eyes and pretend it away.

Bo-4

Senator
Home ownership was one of a dozen wrong turns.. there were the ones on Iraq Avenue, Prescription Bennies Lane, and Deficits Don't Matter Drive to name a few.

They added up to a ginormous crap sandwich.

But i would still have Gee Dub over to my place for a barbecue and avoid the topic of his many failures. We'd watch football or something. ;-)

Minotaur

Governor
Yep. He had quite a few mistakes most well intentioned but not all. Where the economy failed I think it is more important to confront that it happened and why. Otherwise we elect people because they have the same intention for less lofty ideas leaving others to clean up their mess. We will continue to vote for people we would love to have at our backyard BBQ if we blame the EMT's and not try to look honestly at the results.

Currently Obama is just a convenient EMT for some.

Bo-4

Senator
Yep. He had quite a few mistakes most well intentioned but not all. Where the economy failed I think it is more important to confront that it happened and why. Otherwise we elect people because they have the same intention for less lofty ideas leaving others to clean up their mess. We will continue to vote for people we would love to have at our backyard BBQ if we blame the EMT's and not try to look honestly at the results.

Currently Obama is just a convienient EMT for some.
Thank God Rick Perry, Herman Cain, Michelle Bachmann, or Sarah Palin will never be our EMTs in the WH. I'd take even Mittens as an alternative. But i don't suspect that we'll have to.

Minotaur

Governor
Thank God Rick Perry, Herman Cain, Michelle Bachmann, or Sarah Palin will never be our EMTs in the WH. I'd take even Mittens as an alternative. But i don't suspect that we'll have to.
Mitt will be the candidate unless something changes all that. Mitt's view on corporate oversight would help bring us back to the cRaZy concept. If he were to be elected on a stance that brings back the Bush philosophy of corporations and business then we are indeed destined by our own hands to repeat history. There are only so many times you can call in the EMT's over how we place the best interest of the country well below the party of the next disaster waiting in the wings to do it all over again.

Bo-4

Senator
Mitt will be the candidate unless something changes all that. Mitt's view on corporate oversight would help bring us back to the cRaZy concept. If he were to be elected on a stance that brings back the Bush philosophy of corporations and business then we are indeed destined by our own hands to repeat history. There are only so many times you can call in the EMT's over how we place the best interest of the country well below the party of the next disaster waiting in the wings to do it all over again.
Yeah, that's why i'm aghast at some of Mittens' less than populist rhetoric. He clearly cares more about corporations than he does the worker bees. Suspect that's a temporary facade to appeal to the hard right, but i also think it's largely what he feels down deep.

Happily, you cannot take back words on videotape. Obama's commercials will write themselves.

GordonGecko

President
Romney will drop the "Thurston Howell-III" stuff quickly and try to start sounding like a "populist who hates Wall Street and Big Banks"...soon as he has the Nomination locked up.

Minotaur

Governor
Romney will drop the "Thurston Howell-III" stuff quickly and try to start sounding like a "populist who hates Wall Street and Big Banks"...soon as he has the Nomination locked up.
I would be shocked if he dropped that part. In fact I think he will push for what got us in trouble in the oversight area. I actually think it is only in the social issues like abortion etc where he will make changes against his party. The business man background will drive the return to Bush era where business is concerned imo.