• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

no photo ID needed for Iowa caucuses

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Iowa would-be voters will be checked against rolls of registered Republicans taken from the Iowa Secretary of State’s office. Attendees will have to prove their identity and address, but have plenty of options besides a driver’s license or passport.

“If you have, for instance, a student ID and utility bill or a pay stub with your address on it, you’re good to go,” Gough said.
Iowa Republicans will also be allowed to register on the night of the caucuses without any additional form of ID.

from coast to coast, Republican officials keep insisting (1) same-day registration is a scourge on democracy; (2) student IDs can’t possibly be good enough; and (3) voter IDs are absolutely necessary.

guess repubs don't really believe what they say.

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/political-animal/2012_01/malleable_standards_on_voter_i034465.php

correction: subject line should say "state photo ID."

NCmusicman

Governor
Democrats are famous for voter fraud - ACORN is still out there. The only reason Democrats oppose voter id is because they want every opportunity necessary to steal an election.

Council Member
NC as long as you keep repeating it and ain't smart enough to read you will always stay the same, a person who has no ability to Know the difference between truth and made up lies that you want to believe. But that is YOU.

GordonGecko

President
Gekko in 5....4...3...2...1...
Stan, you're just pissed because I can "inoculate" a Julie post by predicting YOU showing up on it and changing the subject.

And HEY....you DID show up on and want to change the subject...to me. :D

Saladin2

Senator
Supporting Member
I assume any grumpy white person will be allowed to vote no questions asked...Iowa Caucus??...What a joke

StanH

Council Member
Huh? You think I base whether or not I reply to her posts on anything YOU do???

Here's a hint: I don't bother with most of the stuff she posts.

Stan, you're just pissed because I can "inoculate" a Julie post by predicting YOU showing up on it and changing the subject.

And HEY....you DID show up on and want to change the subject...to me. :D

GordonGecko

President
The caucuses are small, sometimes less than a dozen people. And its always by a show of hands.

So the chances Pedro being bussed in from Milwaukee by the DNC and not be spotted is slim to none.
May come as a shock to you, worldly...but there are actually white Democrats....who live in Iowa.

How about a little Limbaugh-style "Operation: Chaos"....voting for Ron Paul???? :)

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
BTW, Julie...of COURSE Republicans want other Republicans to have an easy time voting.

:)
something stopped Kasich and OH repubs from imposing the Koch Bros. legislation to require a state photo ID.... and it could be that they realized OH repub seniors might not have an easy time voting....for THEM. ha ha

in OH, you either show your state photo ID or 2 documents that establish your residency.....like rent receipts, utility bills, etc.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
May come as a shock to you, worldly...but there are actually white Democrats....who live in Iowa.

How about a little Limbaugh-style "Operation: Chaos"....voting for Ron Paul???? :)
you know, I heard there are Iowa Dems who plan to do just that.

GordonGecko

President
you know, I heard there are Iowa Dems who plan to do just that.
Should thank Rush for the idea. Get in there and vote for Ron Paul....drive the RNC CRAZY and get all the Paulers fired up.

Then when the GOP destroys Paul...overtly....pisses his supporters off and maybe they "go rogue"???

StanH

Council Member
Now let's see.... all you need now is someone with a big audience and big influence like Rush. Someone with millions of listeners.

Oh wait a minute.... you don't.

Bummer. ;)

Should thank Rush for the idea. Get in there and vote for Ron Paul....drive the RNC CRAZY and get all the Paulers fired up.

Then when the GOP destroys Paul...overtly....pisses his supporters off and maybe they "go rogue"???

IrishOne

Mayor
Wrong thread. This thread is about REPUBLICANS not demanding REPUBLICANS to bring photo id's to vote. What say you about that?

Democrats are famous for voter fraud - ACORN is still out there. The only reason Democrats oppose voter id is because they want every opportunity necessary to steal an election.

IrishOne

Mayor
Oh really? Tell that to the people of Iowa, WHERE I LIVE. Unless you meant the RNC, then carry on. It's the Republican's night to e f f up. There are 500 people in my precinct.

Where do you live?

The caucuses are small, sometimes less than a dozen people. And its always by a show of hands.

So the chances Pedro being bussed in from Milwaukee by the DNC and not be spotted is slim to none.

IrishOne

Mayor
Ron Paul has a huge following in Iowa. He is well organized with a good ground game. His people will be out in spades for the caucuses. He has held public office [I[/I] for a while now... somebody voted for him and he won.

Has ol' Rush been elected by anyone at all?

Now let's see.... all you need now is someone with a big audience and big influence like Rush. Someone with millions of listeners.

Oh wait a minute.... you don't.

Bummer. ;)