• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Nothing Warms My Heart Like This

I'm the best kind of capitalist. I like my job, and they treat me well. You know why? Because I provide value.
Don't think they won't fire you the instant that it saves them a red cent, A good capitalist would find a better opportunity and quit before they find a better opportunity and fire you.

Zam-Zam

Senator
Don't think they won't fire you the instant that it saves them a red cent, A good capitalist would find a better opportunity and quit before they find a better opportunity and fire you.
An employer/employee relationship is normally based on mutual economic benefit. If one or the other party perceives that they are not being benefited by the relationship, it would not be unreasonable for that party to terminate the relationship.

An employer/employee relationship is normally based on mutual economic benefit. If one or the other party perceives that they are not being benefited by the relationship, it would not be unreasonable for that party to terminate the relationship.
Right, its not built on sentiment. Capitalism doesn't care if you like your work. There is always someone coming to make you obsolete. Every employee's best play is to f*ck over their employer before their employer f*cks them over.

Zam-Zam

Senator
Right, its not built on sentiment. Capitalism doesn't care if you like your work. There is always someone coming to make you obsolete. Every employee's best play is to f*ck over their employer before their employer f*cks them over.
Not necessarily. In some cases the relationship may be acrimonious, and in others it may be totally satisfactory. Not every relationship is the same....Some people don't like their boss, some people love their boss. Similarly, bosses have employees they like and some they don't care for.

Painting with too broad a brush typically leads to incorrect analysis.

Not necessarily. In some cases the relationship may be acrimonious, and in others it may be totally satisfactory. Not every relationship is the same....Some people don't like their boss, some people love their boss. Similarly, bosses have employees they like and some they don't care for.

Painting with too broad a brush typically leads to incorrect analysis.
Capitialist don't care how about relationships. If it benefits the shareholders to fire you they will do it, and not think twice regardless of your relationship. Capitalism isn't about making friends. It's about making money.

OldSchool

Council Member
Of course. However, the employee/employer relationship is an economic one.
Yep, and I unlike @ObamacareForever see this as an advantageous relationship, have gotten along well with my employers and overall respect them. Some of my employers/bosses/owners have even become friends, and I mean on a long-term personal level.

Being a skilled laborer..... I provide a service to a business that provides a service to the community. They treat me right and I treat them right.

Of course that's on a 'simplistic' level and have run into problems in working for a dying business (the owner inherited a business that was over 100 years old and ran it into the ground and showed no respect to their customers) and more recently worked for very large nationwide business that on my local level needed to make cuts in spending in effort for making things look good on paper for 'corporate..... they hired a new boss who didn't care about keeping the heavy equipment in good condition and I had to quit because he saw my job as an unecessary expence and wanted me gone.

Anyway, I'm amazed in how others hate their employer and show no respect towards them.