• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Nothing Warms My Heart Like This

Zam-Zam

Senator
Yep, and I unlike @ObamacareForever see this as an advantageous relationship, have gotten along well with my employers and overall respect them. Some of my employers/bosses/owners have even become friends, and I mean on a long-term personal level.

Being a skilled laborer..... I provide a service to a business that provides a service to the community. They treat me right and I treat them right.

Of course that's on a 'simplistic' level and have run into problems in working for a dying business (the owner inherited a business that was over 100 years old and ran it into the ground and showed no respect to their customers) and more recently worked for very large nationwide business that on my local level needed to make cuts in spending in effort for making things look good on paper for 'corporate..... they hired a new boss who didn't care about keeping the heavy equipment in good condition and I had to quit because he saw my job as an unecessary expence and wanted me gone.

Anyway, I'm amazed in how others hate their employer and show no respect towards them.

Yours is a great story, and not an altogether uncommon one - After I left the service I worked in the private sector for a few years and had a great relationship with my boss. It's been fourteen years since I retired, but we still keep in touch.

Working relationships can be good or bad, but that's has more to do with the people involved than anything else.

Thank you for sharing.

OldSchool

Council Member
That's just something people say.
Some people even mean what they say.

The new boss that was hired has one purpose in mind: Making maintenance department(s) look good on paper. I see him as an ass for not caring about preventive maintenance and making necessary repairs. But, I rest assured he's serving a purpose that is necessary in some ways. I'm not the one to be judgemental....

OldSchool

Council Member
Yours is a great story, and not an altogether uncommon one - After I left the service I worked in the private sector for a few years and had a great relationship with my boss. It's been fourteen years since I retired, but we still keep in touch.

Working relationships can be good or bad, but that's has more to do with the people involved than anything else.

Thank you for sharing.
I just had to add something positive to one of the OP's threads. ;)

Some people even mean what they say.

The new boss that was hired has one purpose in mind: Making maintenance department(s) look good on paper. I see him as an ass for not caring about preventive maintenance and making necessary repairs. But, I rest assured he's serving a purpose that is necessary in some ways. I'm not the one to be judgemental....
DOn't get lulled into thinking they won't fire you the instant they can. You may like them, but you should also always be looking for better opportunities and the chance to screw over your employer. God know they are looking for the chance to screw you over.

OldSchool

Council Member
DOn't get lulled into thinking they won't fire you the instant they can. You may like them, but you should also always be looking for better opportunities and the chance to screw over your employer. God know they are looking for the chance to screw you over.
I quit. New boss wanted to fire me but wouldn't.

TBLee

Governor
It's a work for money relationship. Feelings aren't part of the equation.
You by all means are free to express your feeling about this matter (how is your relationship with your boss?). I can't speak for anyone's experience but my own. My "boss" was amazing. She deeply cared about those she was in charge of, and it made for a great working relationship. Don't assume you know what other's feelings are.

You by all means are free to express your feeling about this matter (how is your relationship with your boss?). I can't speak for anyone's experience but my own. My "boss" was amazing. She deeply cared about those she was in charge of, and it made for a great working relationship. Don't assume you know what other's feelings are.
I am sure there are some people that let their feeling guide their decisions. They are just aren't good at capitalism.

Last edited: