• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

NOW the Republicans decide it was a hoax...

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Hollywood once gave us the Cold War thriller called "The Hunt for Red October." And now the U.S. Senate and its Republican committee chairmen in Washington have launched a different sort of hunt made for the movies.

Armed with subpoenas, Sens. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., and Ron Johnson, R-Wis., want to interrogate a slew of Obama-era intelligence and law enforcement officials hoping to identify who invented and sustained the bogus Russia collusion narrative that hampered Donald Trump’s early presidency.

And while Graham and Johnson aren’t exactly Sean Connery and Alec Baldwin, they and their GOP cohorts have a theory worthy of a Tom Clancy novel-turned-movie: The Russia collusion investigation was really a plot by an outgoing administration to thwart the new president.

“What we had was a very quiet insurrection that took place,” Sen. Marsha Blackburn, the Tennessee Republican, told Just the News on Thursday as she described the theory of Senate investigators. “And there were probably dozens of people at DOJ and FBI that knew what was going on.

“But they hate Donald Trump so much … that they were willing to work under the cloak of law and try to use that to shield them so that they could take an action on their disgust,” she added. “They wanted to prohibit him from being president. And when he won, they wanted to render him ineffective at doing his job.”

They have one major problem - these are the same cowards who "agreed" with the "intelligence community" assessment, accepted the ridiculous notion that Putin was trying to help Trump win by hacking the DNC and releasing the emails (which we now know has no underlying, you know, proof), and treated Mueller like he was the high priest of probity. Now they are going to be called hypocrites and flip floppers when they start looking for the corruption at the heart of a "probe" they all bought into like gullible little children told to behave so that Santa Claus will bestow them with gifts on December 25th. Good luck Lindsey....

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Geez... I thought you were talking about the plandemic.
Good point - they are so afraid of being caught out of step with "popular" narratives that they are too spineless to buck the insipid idiocy the left spews. Just like with Covid-19 - how they quickly fell in line with the "it wasn't from the lab" bullshit.

This stuff isn't (exactly) rocket science. As I pointed out at the time, the "study" the left bandied about as "proving" covid-19 didn't come from the lab, smelled like bullshit. The fact that the virus was "so effective" at attacking humans, they claimed, "proved" it was the "result of natural selection." I encourage everyone to go back and review my posts from that time - I was consistently saying that the very idea was abject hooey - that the whole idea of modifying a virus in the lab was to "perfect" it at doing something. Now we see scientists coming to that very conclusion:

Two unique features of SARS-CoV-2 are convincing a growing number of scientists that it was man-made, and not the result of natural evolution, according to the Daily Telegraph.

First, the virus binds more strongly to human ACE2 enzymes than any other species, including bats.

Second, SARS-CoV-2 has a "furin cleavage site" missing in its closes bat-coronavirus relative, RaTG-13, which makes it significantly more infectious - a finding we reported in late February.

Of course...