• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

NRA's "good guy with a gun" is now the problem

Zam-Zam

Senator
The concern is "good guys with guns" vigilantism condoned by NRA/GOP.

Here's a helpful read.

Breaking even against American vigilantism | The Seattle Times
Having read your "good piece", I find nothing in it but a long complaint about people the author doesn't like. No solutions, just whining.

Meanwhile, gun violence goes on every day in the U.S.'s major cities, the vast majority of it not done by 'vigilantes', but by ordinary criminals. This, of course, is not on your radar, and you don't wish to discuss it.

Here's an article on that subject:

Can neighborhood outreach reduce inner-city gun violence in the U.S.?

Can neighborhood outreach reduce inner-city gun violence in the U.S.? | Science News

But you needn't read it....There's nothing about Rittenhouse or Trump or vigilantes in it. Instead of blind hate, it discusses the actual issue on a grown-up level.

Not your cup of tea.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Philadelphia created 500 gun deaths I think last week... Yesterday, a 14 year old was shot to death...shot at some 36 times, it maybe 19 times...

What does nra have to do with this?

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Having read your "good piece", I find nothing in it but a long complaint about people the author doesn't like. No solutions, just whining.

Meanwhile, gun violence goes on every day in the U.S.'s major cities, the vast majority of it not done by 'vigilantes', but by ordinary criminals. This, of course, is not on your radar, and you don't wish to discuss it.

Here's an article on that subject:

Can neighborhood outreach reduce inner-city gun violence in the U.S.?

Can neighborhood outreach reduce inner-city gun violence in the U.S.? | Science News

But you needn't read it....There's nothing about Rittenhouse or Trump or vigilantes in it. Instead of blind hate, it discusses the actual issue on a grown-up level.

Not your cup of tea.
How "good guys with guns" turn into vigilantes.

Vigilantism feeds off fear and insecurity. Paradoxically, vigilantism also encourages macho fantasies of power and inclinations toward bluster. Thus we have men and boys who pose as warriors — body armor, camouflage and cool-looking weapons — but who overestimate their competence and underestimate the challenge of using powerful firearms judiciously when things start to get out of hand.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
You just want to carry on burning, looting, and rioting with your victims unarmed. Never going to happen. You guys better start minding your P's and Q's. We got you on camera 24x7 now. Security cameras, car cameras, cell phones, body cameras,... you're being watched and recorded. Feel the eyes on you.
Over 600 right wingers identified from cell phone video and another 650 still being sought.
You got YOU on camera now.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Philadelphia created 500 gun deaths I think last week... Yesterday, a 14 year old was shot to death...shot at some 36 times, it maybe 19 times...

What does nra have to do with this?
So you are unaware of any actions by the NRA that would have limited legislation requiring universal background checks? Is it possible that the shooter would have found it more difficult to buy a gun from a private seller?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

Vigilantism feeds off fear and insecurity. Paradoxically, vigilantism also encourages macho fantasies of power and inclinations toward bluster. Thus we have men and boys who pose as warriors — body armor, camouflage and cool-looking weapons — but who overestimate their competence and underestimate the challenge of using powerful firearms judiciously when things start to get out of hand.
So that's why so many blacks are killing blacks in inner cities!
Very few killed across America with AR's yet many with Hand Guns...

Since cars kill more people than guns do you call the cops when cool cars drive through your neighborhood?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
So you are unaware of any actions by the NRA that would have limited legislation requiring universal background checks? Is it possible that the shooter would have found it more difficult to buy a gun from a private seller?
You think gang bangers give a damn about gun laws

:)

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Over 600 right wingers identified from cell phone video and another 650 still being sought.
You got YOU on camera now.
What's taking so long, damn it's been almost a year!

Smash & Grabbers aren't right-wingers and on camera also

Dino

Russian Asset

If people “posing as warriors” aren’t out robbing and killing innocent people who are they hurting?
Meanwhile gangsters who are actual gangsters are robbing, looting and killing every day in our cities and you don’t see that as “the problem”? Then you’re the problem.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
If people “posing as warriors” aren’t out robbing and killing innocent people who are they hurting?
Meanwhile gangsters who are actual gangsters are robbing, looting and killing every day in our cities and you don’t see that as “the problem”? Then you’re the problem.
'Karens' are always the problem, many years back I was going hunting walking across MY yard with my rifle to my truck and a school bus came by and later that day a deputy stopped by and ask if I was going hunting that morning and said the bus driver reported a man with a gun and apologized but said he had to check on it,,,,,,

'Karens' are the problem

Dino

Russian Asset
'Karens' are always the problem, many years back I was going hunting walking across MY yard with my rifle to my truck and a school bus came by and later that day a deputy stopped by and ask if I was going hunting that morning and said the bus driver reported a man with a gun and apologized but said he had to check on it,,,,,,

'Karens' are the problem
Going after the law-abiding while letting the looters, rioters, gang bangers and other criminals slide

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
No. I didn't say I was unaware of any actions by the NRA that would have limited legislation requiring universal background checks. My comment, as written above and perhaps overlooked by yourself in your zeal, highlighted perhaps that the issue is not with good guys with guns as the volume of deaths by shooting seemingly skyrockets. I provided examples of what's occurring in philadelphia. I would surmise that none of these incidents involved a good guy with a gun.

Zam-Zam

Senator

You're proving my point for me.

You don't care about gun violence, and don't want to have an adult conversation on the subject. You ignore the larger problem and focus on the smaller one, simply because the smaller one feeds into your preferred prejudices.

Enjoy your hate...I guess it's all you have.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
So two "good guys" with guns are in a theater...bad guy enters with AR-15 and starts shooting...Good guy #1 pops a couple of rounds off at bad guy...Good guy #2 sees Good guy #1, thinks he is the shooter and kills him.

That is the problem described...untrained civilians with guns.

A shooter in Colorado was killed by a good guy....cop shows up and kills good guy, thinking he is the bad guy.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
So two "good guys" with guns are in a theater...bad guy enters with AR-15 and starts shooting...Good guy #1 pops a couple of rounds off at bad guy...Good guy #2 sees Good guy #1, thinks he is the shooter and kills him.

That is the problem described...untrained civilians with guns.

A shooter in Colorado was killed by a good guy....cop shows up and kills good guy, thinking he is the bad guy.
and the cop had training
blows your screed away