• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Obama Fires His First Round At His Figurative Fort Sumter

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Oh well........so no problem then. And you won't say a word when the next Republican President follows this precedence and does the same thing ............right?

And btw...........Bush didn't make recess appointments while the SENATE WAS IN SESSION. That's not a "recess" appointment that Obama did. It was just an appointment he made just for the heck of it. But okay............Republicans will be glad to do that, I'm sure. Might come in handy.
Here's a link:

http://www.speaker.gov/blog/?postid=273766
Since the repubs have filibustered for over a year the appointments needed to run the consumer protection agency....no, I don't mind that Obama has bypassed them. Did you mind Bush's signing statements?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
By the section of common sense and LOGIC, of which lefties have none.

Recess appointments must be done while the congressional body is IN RECESS. If done when NOT in recess ....it is illegal.....and can't even be called a "recess appointment" (f'n duh).
To be illegal there has to be a LAW that says you can't do it....(f'n double DUH)....

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Recess appointments are supposed to be done when all of CONGRESS IS IN RECESS.
Do you not realize that the SENATE IS NOT IN RECESS now?

But go ahead and give your designated excuses. I expect nothing more from that from a willing dupe.
The Dems did the same thing to Bush when he waited for the senate to recess so he could appoint Bolton to the UN. The republicans howled that one senator does not a session make.....now the republicans are doing it and you suddenly like the tactic....

Are there enough senators to vote on the appointments? No. So they aren't in session.

Jen

Senator
So you're good with obstruction? Excellent.

Make a deal with ya Jen. If a republican gets in to the White House, I promise not to get upset about recess appointments as long as you don't get upset about Dem Obstruction. 'kay?