• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Obama is in real trouble....

Corruptbuddha

Governor
...with his 'base'.

I was listening to KPFA's "The Morning Mix" on my way into work (don'tcha just love the 'TuneIn Radio App'?) and they had a bit on called "Winners and Losers for 2011".

Nearly every one of the callers (hard left wingers all) listed Obama as a big loser because they are very upset because of his lies. They listed things like the GITMO fiasco, the latest NDAA, the immigration enforcement levels (too high for these folks) the bailouts and his refusal to 'embrace' the OWS movement as their main detractors.

They feel that Obama has lied to them. They feel betrayed by the realities of his presidency. Don't get me wrong, they won't jump ship and vote for Romney, but it's my opinion that they won't vote at all. They'll probably spend more of their time in these protests than on the polling lines.

And that spells DOOM for Obama...who REALLY needs his base since he's nearly lost the Indies.

Bo-4

Senator
LoL CB.. yeah, i'm sure they were all left wingers...

Oh, and that they'll go out and vote for the corporations are people guy who wants war with Iran! ;-)

Barbella

Senator
I agree with you, Buddha. While disillusioned lefties certainly won't switch over to the other side, they'll probably just stay home on election day. It's hard to work up a lot of enthusiasm when you feel "betrayed"....and to hard core lefties, Obama has done plenty of that.

Minotaur

Governor
I'm voting for Obama because, unlike a few call in people who may or may not be republicans, I feel he has earned my vote. ;-)

Minotaur

Governor
LoL CB.. yeah, i'm sure they were all left wingers...

Oh, and that they'll go out and vote for the corporations are people guy who wants war with Iran! ;-)
Are you saying republicans may call and fake it. Oh my Gawd...I am verklempt and maybe even ver-lumped

OldGaffer

Governor
I'm voting for Obama because, unlike a few call in people who may or may not be republicans, I feel he has earned my vote. ;-)
Ditto. Wingers hoping for Dems to stay home this year are in for a rude awakening, we have seen what the other side offers and it is anathema to Democrats.

Corruptbuddha

Governor
Did you not read the post? They were ALL left wingers...take a look at the KFPA (Berkley) web site. And I didn't say they would vote for a Republican...I said they wouldn't vote at all.

Care to take another swing?

Corruptbuddha

Governor
No.

I know you'd like to think that....but Obama will not get anywhere near the rabid support he had in '08.

Not even close.

Minotaur

Governor
Ditto. Wingers hoping for Dems to stay home this year are in for a rude awakening, we have seen what the other side offers and it is anathema to Democrats.
Apparently some have not seen what everyone thinks of the Republican House. Not only will they vote for Obama but those republicans up for election in Congress probably need to pray the reality away.

Lex_D

Council Member
hard left wingers

:D
...with his 'base'.

I was listening to KPFA's "The Morning Mix" on my way into work (don'tcha just love the 'TuneIn Radio App'?) and they had a bit on called "Winners and Losers for 2011".

Nearly every one of the callers (hard left wingers all) listed Obama as a big loser because they are very upset because of his lies. They listed things like the GITMO fiasco, the latest NDAA, the immigration enforcement levels (too high for these folks) the bailouts and his refusal to 'embrace' the OWS movement as their main detractors.

They feel that Obama has lied to them. They feel betrayed by the realities of his presidency. Don't get me wrong, they won't jump ship and vote for Romney, but it's my opinion that they won't vote at all. They'll probably spend more of their time in these protests than on the polling lines.

And that spells DOOM for Obama...who REALLY needs his base since he's nearly lost the Indies.

Corrupt (btw I like your Name -- nearly all Repulsieicans are corrupt) we left of center are never 100% happy with either lib or con presidents. But if you believe we:eek: will go with any of your lot just dream on -- 'cause it ain't gonna happen.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
:D

Corrupt (btw I like your Name -- nearly all Repulsieicans are corrupt) we left of center are never 100% happy with either lib or con presidents. But if you believe we:eek: will go with any of your lot just dream on -- 'cause it ain't gonna happen.
that's the thing. Dems are always highly critical of Dem presidents while Repubs accept anything, even lying us into war, from their repub presidents.

repubs who think the criticism (which is meant to push the president) means they won't vote for Pres Obama are seriously mistaken.

Lex_D

Council Member
:)
that's the thing. Dems are always highly critical of Dem presidents while Repubs accept anything, even lying us into war, from their repub presidents.

repubs who think the criticism (which is meant to push the president) means they won't vote for Pres Obama are seriously mistaken.
Julie hit the nail on the head again and again. You underscored the difference between democrats and Replusiveicans- we dems think on our own and always want better from ALL in office.

Keep up your good work. Obama in 2012.

Corruptbuddha

Governor
How?

By strengthening the Patriot Act? Or maybe by extending the Bush tax cuts? Or by attempting (failing, but at least attempting) to extend our stay in Iraq? Or maybe by passing 'Finance Reform' that left the derivatives market intact?

Or perhaps it was through the failure of his lobbyist policies? Maybe the rampant spending? The failed stimulus?

Evidently, failure is what earns your vote. In that case, you should write in GW Bush next time?

Corruptbuddha

Governor
Bull.

If by 'highly critical' you mean sychophantic, then you may be correct. Just a light perusal of this board alone demonstrates your assertion to be false.

LOL!!!

Obama has highest approval ratings of any president per unemployment rate in history of US...you should smack your lips

He's not perfect, he's pissed me off at times but I'd be damned if I vote for "...ship the jobs overseas..." Romney

That's what we need more of right now; more jobs created but less in the US

Thx