• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Obama to change the internet

fairsheet

Senator
This whole issue seems to have a heckuva lot more "parts and pieces" than most seem to allow. First of all, lemme qualify that this "net neutrality" question has never been in my forefront, so heretofore, I haven't made much of an effort to parse it.

But...what I think I'm seeing (correct me if I'm wrong) is that Obama and the Dems have done a 180 on this question in a very short period of time. Although I'm now tilted slightly toward the "net neutrality" side of the question, this one's still isn't 100% obvious to me.

My state has been experimenting with "hot lanes". Those are where people with sufficient resources can pay extra to drive in the HOV lane. At first blush, that seems unfair to the people who can't afford to pay that extra. On the flipside though, they benefit from the fact that the other people leave the regular lanes of traffic to drive in the HOV lane.

I think that's what's tilted me in the "net neutrality" direction. I'm not seeing how giving an advantage to say....Verizon, offers up any sort of ancillary advantage to the rest of us.

Fast Eddy

Mayor
I love the fact that there are alternate Internets being planned. When Obama screws our up, and he will, we will have other to turn to. Elon Musk is planning a high speed satellite version.