• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Obamacare will decrease the number of emergency room visits

Bluedog

Mayor
New research suggests that adults who have their medical care covered by Medicaid use emergency rooms 40% more than adults in similar situations who do not have health insurance. This is according to a study published in the journal Science.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/270717.php

PPACA allowed more people to become Medicaid eligible. One idea behind it being that people insured would be less likely to run to the ER. Yet this study presents an interesting counter argument to that.

ya-ta-hey

Mayor
New research suggests that adults who have their medical care covered by Medicaid use emergency rooms 40% more than adults in similar situations who do not have health insurance. This is according to a study published in the journal Science.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/270717.php

PPACA allowed more people to become Medicaid eligible. One idea behind it being that people insured would be less likely to run to the ER. Yet this study presents an interesting counter argument to that.
Mr. Blue,

I can't understand why Obama was so wrong about that when he crafted his legislation....

o.k., yeah, I couldn't finish typing with a straight face...

fairsheet

Senator
This Obamacare hate angle is absolutely pathetic. Here's a newsflash.....people with health insurance of ANY kind, use the emergency room more than those without. As well, people who drive cars, are responsible for more auto emissions than those who don't.

Still....the issue of Medicaid users availing themselves of the emergency room more than they should, does need to be addressed - even if the answer isn't to not insure them!

I have a theory based on anecdotal evidence close to home. I don't know how it is in other states but in mine, Medicaid is handled through private insurers. Medicaid users don't have "guvmint policies", they have policies that look virtually the same as yours or mine...EXCEPT for one little detail. Their policies are umpteen times BETTER than yours or mine, in terms of deductibles, co-pays, and choices. But since we can't get blood out of turnips, I don't know how much we can or should change that.

For most of us though, making a bad call as to using the emergency room, results in what can be a pretty significant cost to US. But due to their "Cadillac" policies, that's not so much the case with our Medicaiders.

ya-ta-hey

Mayor
This Obamacare hate angle is absolutely pathetic. Here's a newsflash.....people with health insurance of ANY kind, use the emergency room more than those without. As well, people who drive cars, are responsible for more auto emissions than those who don't.

Still....the issue of Medicaid users availing themselves of the emergency room more than they should, does need to be addressed - even if the answer isn't to not insure them!

I have a theory based on anecdotal evidence close to home. I don't know how it is in other states but in mine, Medicaid is handled through private insurers. Medicaid users don't have "guvmint policies", they have policies that look virtually the same as yours or mine...EXCEPT for one little detail. Their policies are umpteen times BETTER than yours or mine, in terms of deductibles, co-pays, and choices. But since we can't get blood out of turnips, I don't know how much we can or should change that.

For most of us though, making a bad call as to using the emergency room, results in what can be a pretty significant cost to US. But due to their "Cadillac" policies, that's not so much the case with our Medicaiders.
Mr. Fair,

Too bad you can't back up your contention. I mean, I trust you, but you just can't blurt out that people with health care use the emergency room more than those without.

Here's my contention based in a little bit more facts...people with health insurance who know they pay everytime they show up at the doctor or emergency room will not use those services as much as those who, when presented with a bill, say "What chew talking bout willis."

The point is, as proved by my link, when you give welfare bums something for free, they suddenly think they are entitled to it, and try to get as much as they can. Before, if they had a hangnail, they'd suffer through it, now, they run to the mergency room saying "Where be my Obamacare."

fairsheet

Senator
Mr. Fair,

Too bad you can't back up your contention. I mean, I trust you, but you just can't blurt out that people with health care use the emergency room more than those without.

Here's my contention based in a little bit more facts...people with health insurance who know they pay everytime they show up at the doctor or emergency room will not use those services as much as those who, when presented with a bill, say "What chew talking bout willis."

The point is, as proved by my link, when you give welfare bums something for free, they suddenly think they are entitled to it, and try to get as much as they can. Before, if they had a hangnail, they'd suffer through it, now, they run to the mergency room saying "Where be my Obamacare."
Als, the top-posted comparison is between those with Medicaid and those withOUT health insurance. As to your comparison between those with Medicaid and those WITH health insurance, I thank you for your affirmation.

ya-ta-hey

Mayor
Als, the top-posted comparison is between those with Medicaid and those withOUT health insurance. As to your comparison between those with Medicaid and those WITH health insurance, I thank you for your affirmation.
Mr. Fair,

The article pointed out that Obami claimed that once you give someone Medicaid, emergency room visits will go down. Turns out that was not true. Medicaid is not health insurance, it's a handout to welfare bums, free stuff, as it were.

Hope that little distinction helps.

fairsheet

Senator
Mr. Fair,

The article pointed out that Obami claimed that once you give someone Medicaid, emergency room visits will go down. Turns out that was not true. Medicaid is not health insurance, it's a handout to welfare bums, free stuff, as it were.

Hope that little distinction helps.
To put it as politely as possible....."condescension" doesn't look too good on you!

ya-ta-hey

Mayor
To put it as politely as possible....."condescension" doesn't look too good on you!
Mr. Fair,

true, but you went on a tangent of incorrect information. I tried to point that out nicely.

However, that does not change anything from my top post. The geniuses who claim that increasing Medicaid will decrease the number of emergency room visits are proved dead wrong by this Harvard Medical School study. Turns out, if you give welfare bums free stuff, they will try to get as much of it as they can.

Mr. Fair,

true, but you went on a tangent of incorrect information. I tried to point that out nicely.

However, that does not change anything from my top post. The geniuses who claim that increasing Medicaid will decrease the number of emergency room visits are proved dead wrong by this Harvard Medical School study. Turns out, if you give welfare bums free stuff, they will try to get as much of it as they can.
Hi, typical American retarded hateful con, interesting enough , that the increase in emergency room visits happens with government OR private insurance at the start always , you know, fucktard, ones people had insurance they decided to use it right away , to check or complain about long suspicious pains and aches( to get to a regular doctors , there is no immediate appointments available usually, retarded amcon), but after initial increase, bacterial con brain IQ level holder, that actual number of visits to ER drops by a few percentage points, ignorant amcon. THose studies well known in the world and apply to ANY insurance-private or not.
They(data of those studies ) are easy to get, but the brain damaged amcon would rather spew his POS hatred, than use any efforts not to show how fascitozoid piece of shit he/she is.

ya-ta-hey

Mayor
Hi, typical American retarded hateful con, interesting enough , that the increase in emergency room visits happens with government OR private insurance at the start always , you know, fucktard, ones people had insurance they decided to use it right away , to check or complain about long suspicious pains and aches( to get to a regular doctors , there is no immediate appointments available usually, retarded amcon), but after initial increase, bacterial con brain IQ level holder, that actual number of visits to ER drops by a few percentage points, ignorant amcon. THose studies well known in the world and apply to ANY insurance-private or not.
They(data of those studies ) are easy to get, but the brain damaged amcon would rather spew his POS hatred, than use any efforts not to show how fascitozoid piece of shit he/she is.
Mr. Zuri,

Could you take your Haldol before you post here. I couldn't get half a sentence into your irrational, incoherent, bombastic rant before I gave up getting any meaning from it.

Thanks, you'll do us all a favor.