• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Obamacare's expanding costs...

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
I'm wondering if you are aware that the CBO and JCT links embedded in your top post link are about the cost to taxpayers for repealing Obamacare -- not the cost of Obamacare.

According to the CBO and JCT, repealing Obmacare is much more expensive than keeping Obamacare.

Repeal of the PPACA means greater costs to US taxpayers and greater debt.

Don't believe it? Here's the CBO and JCT links from the top post link.

CBO: http://waysandmeans.house.gov/uploadedfiles/hr6079.pdf

JCT: http://waysandmeans.house.gov/uploadedfiles/jct_june_2012_partial_re-estimate_of_tax_provisions_in_aca.pdf
Is there someone talking about only repealing ACA? I don't think so.

They are talking about repealing and replacing ACA.

fairsheet

Senator
Is there someone talking about only repealing ACA? I don't think so.

They are talking about repealing and replacing ACA.

They maybe talking repeal and replace, but they're going into next to no detail as to what they intend to replace it with. The ODS-ers chafe at any mention of Obamacare being a virtual carbon-copy of the Heritage Foundation's outline sometime back. They can chafe to their ODS hearts' contents!...but, that doesn't change the facts.

That being the case - a conservative "think tank" came up with the idea in the first place, how can a straight-faced GOP* seriously be expected to come up with a different AND better idea?

*No, not Louis Gohmert!

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
They maybe talking repeal and replace, but they're going into next to no detail as to what they intend to replace it with. The ODS-ers chafe at any mention of Obamacare being a virtual carbon-copy of the Heritage Foundation's outline sometime back. They can chafe to their ODS hearts' contents!...but, that doesn't change the facts.

That being the case - a conservative "think tank" came up with the idea in the first place, how can a straight-faced GOP* seriously be expected to come up with a different AND better idea?

*No, not Louis Gohmert!
I wasn't making any comment on the replacement or even if I want it repealed and replaced, I was just making a comment to the top poster that made no mention of the replace part of the repeal.

fairsheet

Senator
I wasn't making any comment on the replacement or even if I want it repealed and replaced, I was just making a comment to the top poster that made no mention of the replace part of the repeal.
I understand. BUT..a good rule to follow, for any of us, would be that IF someone is trying to pitch us on an idea (replacement in this case), but they're incapable of telling you what that replacement looks like? It's a good bet that maybe you'd be wise to keep what you have and show the pitchman the door.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
I understand. BUT..a good rule to follow, for any of us, would be that IF someone is trying to pitch us on an idea (replacement in this case), but they're incapable of telling you what that replacement looks like? It's a good bet that maybe you'd be wise to keep what you have and show the pitchman the door.
The most pathetic 60 minutes interview I have ever seen was the Boehner and McConnell on Sunday.

Host asked them if free community college could get passed. Answer no.

Host asked if raising taxes on the top 1% was possible. Answer "why would you want to raise taxes".

It was pathetic. Boehner and McConnell are bad for America.

fairsheet

Senator
The most pathetic 60 minutes interview I have ever seen was the Boehner and McConnell on Sunday.

Host asked if raising taxes on the top 1% was possible. Answer "why would you want to raise taxes".

My morning paper carried a joint editorial by a Dem Congressman and Republican Congressman from around here. It went to the idea that we need to get off the dime in terms of enabling trade by way of more efficient transportation and fiscal support (The Export/Import Bank). The Puget Sound region that these two guys represent, has been a national leader in terms of recovering from the big-assed recession of 2009. The call of these two disparate Congressman was less about digging out of hole, than it was about building on success.

We Americans need to spend more time on examples of SUCCESS, than on examples of hurt feelings, put-uponness, and fear/hatred of "the other".

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member

I agree that both Boehner and McConnell are bad for America but probably not for the same reasons you have. Both of them. along with one of my POS Senators, John Cornyn, lied through their teeth to get elected, promising to stop Obama's systematic destruction of the American Constitution. Now they have shown that they are too chickenshit to stand up to the psycho.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
I agree that both Boehner and McConnell are bad for America but probably not for the same reasons you have. Both of them. along with one of my POS Senators, John Cornyn, lied through their teeth to get elected, promising to stop Obama's systematic destruction of the American Constitution. Now they have shown that they are too chickenshit to stand up to the psycho.
They all say what they have to to get elected. Obama raised the bar in this category.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
They all say what they have to to get elected. Obama raised the bar in this category.
I know and my hope is that Boehner and McConnell pay a much higher political price than Obama has, not because I like Obama more, because I hate the dirty SOB. I expect Democrats to lie but I hold my own side to a higher standard.