• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Obie: "I will not hire lobbyists"...well, except maybe 50 or so....LOLOLOL

Barbella

Senator
Sigh.....

"Washington Examiner columnist Timothy Carney notes that President Barack Obama's incoming Domestic Policy Council director, Cecilia Muñoz, is technically a registered lobbyist — despite repeated pledges by the Obama team not to hire lobbyists:

Obama took this same line after falsely claiming in the State of the Union address, "we've excluded lobbyists from policymaking jobs." He had, in fact, hired 50 such lobbyists. When confronted on this, Obama said, "For example, a doctor who ran Tobacco-Free Kids technically is a registered lobbyist, on the other hand, has more expertise than anybody in figuring out how kids don't get hooked on cigarettes. So there have been a couple of instances like that. ..."

It's not a totally unreasonable line: Obama was identifying corporate lobbyists, not nonprofit issue lobbyists, as the bad guys, so an anti-smoking lobbyists or a "immigrant rights," lobbyist is a different thing, even if he or she is registered under the Lobbying Disclosure Act.

But if Obama makes that defense, he's having it both ways, because he regularly counts as non-lobbyists people who really are corporate lobbyists, but who simply didn't register as lobbyists. For instance, Google's vice president for global public policy and government affairs, Andrew McLaughlin, served in the White House working directly on policy affecting Google, but he hadn't been registered as a Google lobbyist.

Parsing the fine differences between lobbyist and nonlobbyist is hardly a distinction reserved to the Obama administration. Newt Gingrich's claim that he was a "historian" for two mortgage companies came under fire on the campaign trail. Muñoz was a registered lobbyist for National Council of La Raza, an immigrant rights nonprofit — and she was granted a waiver to serve in the Obama administration

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/01/the-lobbyist-slippery-slope-110516.html

Council Member
I don't get it, 50 they report and then they go on to tell you about what, one guy who was not a lobbyist and two or three that were working for non profit organizations. But they can't seem to come up with any that registered like those who worked under BUSH.
but 50, you should be able to name a few. and who they are lobbying for?

Lapcat

Governor
Oh....right! Cause.....if Obama or another DemocRat or leftie bleats it....it's a gaffe. If a Republican or a conservative or a non-leftie says it....it's automatically a blatant lie and is blasted all over the news 24/7.

Got it.

Yep, no one cares about these little digs except Wingers, and they are all ABO's in any case.

Council Member
Most likely they are, because they are usually just BS when coming from your side of the table Lap. Not to mention most of what you post don't have any facts, just conversation that someone had, and then it's discussed as fact, which then the talking points are taken out and said to be what Obama did or is for.

Lapcat

Governor
Have you ever considered taking a basic grammar and/or English writing course?

Most likely they are, because they are usually just BS when coming from your side of the table Lap. Not to mention most of what you post don't have any facts, just conversation that someone had, and then it's discussed as fact, which then the talking points are taken out and said to be what Obama did or is for.

Council Member
sure I did, but I got too old. I'm too tired from working so hard now, so I guess your stuck with me, or just don't read it.

sorry your not capable of figuring it out, but I will try harder just for you and dwag.