• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Of course- Mattis Was wrong

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
Mattis was crying about US soldiers violating rights.

.At no time were American Soldiers ordered to violate anyone’s rights and certainly not to provide any photo op. That just did not happen. General Mattis has a well deserved reputation for being a prolific reader. Perhaps he might consider re-reading the U.S. Constitution and the Insurrection Act with Amendments, which provide President Trump with the authority that he is considering using.

General Mattis might wish to consider; Presidents Jefferson, Jackson, Grant, Hayes, Cleveland, Wilson, F. Roosevelt, Eisenhower, Kennedy, L. Johnson, and G HW Bush have all invoked the Insurrection Act. Since 1968, it has been invoked 5 times…to quell riots.

A couple of my regular readers also noted some pretty egregious uses of the Insurrection Act (Hat tips to JT & MK).

1863-Lincoln used Federal Troops to quell the draft riots.

1919-Wilson used Federal Troops to quell Chicago race riots

1932-Hoover used Federal Troops to disperse World War 1 Veterans who were in Washington peaceably marching to receive their promised bonuses. Then Majors Eisenhower and Patton took part in this under the command of General MacArthur.

1946-Truman sent Federal Troops to disperse striking railway workers.

The constitutional basis for President Trump’s proposed but not yet decided, much less, executed action, is long established. Which brings us to the actions in Lafayette Park, where Park Police properly and safely dispersed rioters, criminals who were attacking them. This was not in any way an abuse of power or a case of excessive force, despite a concerted effort by the left to characterize it as such.

General Mattis undoubtedly retains a clearance, so I’m sure the Park Police and the Secret Service would both be willing to let him read their after-action reports (AAR) regarding the actions in Lafayette Park and also let him review the video. Once he has done this, I believe as an honest man of integrity, would change his opinion..

General Mattis, Sir, you have a reputation for integrity and scholarship. You might not agree with President Trump’s agenda, or his communication style and that’s fair. However, at no time has he violated the rights of American Citizens. At no time has he encouraged my beloved Army or my respected brethren in the Marine Corps to do so. I urge you to “review the tape” and apologize for your intemperate remarks.

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Senator
Yes. Mattis was wrong. I think he operates on a different philosophy than does Trump. Mattis should have been smart enough to recognize that procedural and policy differences shouldn't be put in categories of right or wrong.

Jack4freedom

Governor
Yes. Mattis was wrong. I think he operates on a different philosophy than does Trump. Mattis should have been smart enough to recognize that procedural and policy differences shouldn't be put in categories of right or wrong.
Mattis, applying his of experience, , his excellent education and his personal Interactions with Trump has come to the conclusion that Trump is a dangerous demagogue who has no respect for the laws of the land or the American people. Fortunately, he joins over half of the US people in that belief. That’s why I think there is a damn good chance Trump will be beaten soundly in November. When that happens, there will be huge celebrations in the streets here in America the likes of which have not been seen since the end of WW II. I can hardly wait.

• Haha
Reactions: Jen

Bugsy McGurk

President
Mattis was crying about US soldiers violating rights.

.At no time were American Soldiers ordered to violate anyone’s rights and certainly not to provide any photo op. That just did not happen. General Mattis has a well deserved reputation for being a prolific reader. Perhaps he might consider re-reading the U.S. Constitution and the Insurrection Act with Amendments, which provide President Trump with the authority that he is considering using.

General Mattis might wish to consider; Presidents Jefferson, Jackson, Grant, Hayes, Cleveland, Wilson, F. Roosevelt, Eisenhower, Kennedy, L. Johnson, and G HW Bush have all invoked the Insurrection Act. Since 1968, it has been invoked 5 times…to quell riots.

A couple of my regular readers also noted some pretty egregious uses of the Insurrection Act (Hat tips to JT & MK).

1863-Lincoln used Federal Troops to quell the draft riots.

1919-Wilson used Federal Troops to quell Chicago race riots

1932-Hoover used Federal Troops to disperse World War 1 Veterans who were in Washington peaceably marching to receive their promised bonuses. Then Majors Eisenhower and Patton took part in this under the command of General MacArthur.

1946-Truman sent Federal Troops to disperse striking railway workers.

The constitutional basis for President Trump’s proposed but not yet decided, much less, executed action, is long established. Which brings us to the actions in Lafayette Park, where Park Police properly and safely dispersed rioters, criminals who were attacking them. This was not in any way an abuse of power or a case of excessive force, despite a concerted effort by the left to characterize it as such.

General Mattis undoubtedly retains a clearance, so I’m sure the Park Police and the Secret Service would both be willing to let him read their after-action reports (AAR) regarding the actions in Lafayette Park and also let him review the video. Once he has done this, I believe as an honest man of integrity, would change his opinion..

General Mattis, Sir, you have a reputation for integrity and scholarship. You might not agree with President Trump’s agenda, or his communication style and that’s fair. However, at no time has he violated the rights of American Citizens. At no time has he encouraged my beloved Army or my respected brethren in the Marine Corps to do so. I urge you to “review the tape” and apologize for your intemperate remarks.
Corporal Bone Spurs is more of a military man, no?

;-)