• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Ohio Trumpies protesting stay-at-home orders

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Sacrifice what? Everything? For how long? Forever? Seriously, do you think it makes sense to ask a nebulous feel good question like that without a hint of context?
Use your head for once....who is saying stay in doors forever? The criteria for gradually reopening the economy has been well documented in the media.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Nobody says we should do it “forever.”

Your need to resort to strawmen should tell you that you have no good faith case to make.
Well when then? How long are we going to have to endure this lockdown if it isn't "flattening the curve?" So it's not "forever." Then what - five years? Two years? One year? Six months? If the thing just keeps infecting and killing people through the summer, into next winter and beyond, will we ever be allowed to ask "has it been long enough yet?"

Raoul_Luke

Use your head for once....who is saying stay in doors forever? The criteria for gradually reopening the economy has been well documented in the media.
And it is based on "data" - which is likely to show the US entering a second wave, bigger than the first, as the lockdowns are lifted. If so, then what? Re-implement the lockdowns? What?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
And it is based on "data" - which is likely to show the US entering a second wave, bigger than the first, as the lockdowns are lifted. If so, then what? Re-implement the lockdowns? What?
Likely? How likely? What do you base that on?

Raoul_Luke

Likely? How likely? What do you base that on?
The CDC director, for one:

But beyond that, on what do you base that the first wave is slowing - half of all US deaths occurred in just the past seven days.

This Chinese study:

Suggests (plausibly) that if it could happen, and it will be even harder to control it.

But mostly because of NassIm Taleb, who is not a doctor or a scientist, but someone who "gets it" with respect to risk profiles resulting from complex systems colliding.

Yes, it's Zerohedge, but you should read it anyway, because it is a fascinating intellectual walk around the outside of the Covid-19 box. You might find quite a bit in there that you can agree with. Essentially he is saying the responses everywhere were "too little" and "too late." I'm paraphrasing but it boils down to - we started out behind the curve and we're still there, because we didn't take the appropriate step of immediate travel restrictions and a REAL lockdown - where nobody goes anywhere for a month - so we're going to be stuck with the problem for the foreseeable future. I don't see anything in "the data" that makes that seem unfounded.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
The CDC director, for one:

But beyond that, on what do you base that the first wave is slowing - half of all US deaths occurred in just the past seven days.

This Chinese study:

Suggests (plausibly) that if it could happen, and it will be even harder to control it.

But mostly because of NassIm Taleb, who is not a doctor or a scientist, but someone who "gets it" with respect to risk profiles resulting from complex systems colliding.

Yes, it's Zerohedge, but you should read it anyway, because it is a fascinating intellectual walk around the outside of the Covid-19 box. You might find quite a bit in there that you can agree with. Essentially he is saying the responses everywhere were "too little" and "too late." I'm paraphrasing but it boils down to - we started out behind the curve and we're still there, because we didn't take the appropriate step of immediate travel restrictions and a REAL lockdown - where nobody goes anywhere for a month - so we're going to be stuck with the problem for the foreseeable future. I don't see anything in "the data" that makes that seem unfounded.
Millions would have starved to death...……….or been shot stealing food.

Raoul_Luke

Millions would have starved to death...……….or been shot stealing food.
That's probably true. There was no way we could do what needed to be done - a full closure where EVERYONE stays home for a month - so we half assed it with these semi-lockdowns and the virus (unsurprisingly) continued to spread, while the "authorities" took our economy out behind the barn and put it out of its misery. We'd have been way better off if we had taken the Swedish approach - leave the economy open and educate people on the value of hand washing and the liberal use of sanitizer.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
That's probably true. There was no way we could do what needed to be done - a full closure where EVERYONE stays home for a month - so we half assed it with these semi-lockdowns and the virus (unsurprisingly) continued to spread, while the "authorities" took our economy out behind the barn and put it out of its misery. We'd have been way better off if we had taken the Swedish approach - leave the economy open and educate people on the value of hand washing and the liberal use of sanitizer.
Yeah. let's go with the advice of under informed bloggers and ignore the doctors and experts.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Luckily only about 10% of the people agree with you now and that number is shrinking.
Well, if that's the case then Joe Biden is a lead-pipe cinch to be our next president. Why don't we wait until November to check out your 10% theory, okay?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
If hospital doctors label patient is CCP, they get $13,000 if on Ventilators 3x's that from Medicare...….45,000 dead and that's like half that died in 2018 with flu...…….

Your profits are down and you still supporting the bs
You post stats that you've pulled out of yer ass and think you'll change minds. I listen to experts, not right wing bloggers.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
You post stats that you've pulled out of yer ass and think you'll change minds. I listen to experts, not right wing bloggers.
Well, have your Experts disprove what I posted or STFU_____________________go

I'm betting you can't and run