• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

OMG..why hasn't Biden Shut interstate travel!! Shriek. Panic. Gnashing of teeth..

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Because that would be devastating on many levels.

Far better to tighten up testing, as he has (all arrivals must have a negative Covid test within 24 hours of the flight).

Ah..but back then..was cause for screaming about ruination of the economy..etc ..

Lol.

Thanks for contributing and validating the example

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
So now you want a complete travel ban into the US, something you never called for under Trump?

Will your shameless hackery take you there?
All while you applaud biden's horrendous performance...

Sing song ..

Bugsy McGurk

President
So you weren't serious back at the onset of all this ..that trumps lack of strong mitigation measures, like in Australia and Europe, contributing to the spread of covid like wildfire?? All those pages of shrieking?? Not so much? Be like blue states teachin the red states...blah..blah?

Biden is out to super spreader omicron

These are the rules of the crazed
I believe you are actually comparing the following:

1. Trump’s early refusal to ban travel to the US when we had little or no Covid (except for his half-assed restriction on travel from China) , and when we had no testing capability, to

2. Biden’s travel restriction, when we are already saturated with Covid, but we have testing, which will now be required within 24 hours of arrivals.

Polar opposites. But your “thesis” seems to be that they are comparable.

Looks like we disagree.

Bugsy McGurk

President
All while you applaud biden's horrendous performance...

Sing song ..

Horrendous performance?

What should Biden do that he’s not doing?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I believe you are actually comparing the following:

1. Trump’s early refusal to ban travel to the US when we had little or no Covid (except for his half-assed restriction on travel from China) , and when we had no testing capability, to

2. Biden’s travel restriction, when we are already saturated with Covid, but we have testing, which will now be required within 24 hours of arrivals.

Polar opposites. But your “thesis” seems to be that they are comparable.

Looks like we disagree.
I'm comparing the early onset of covid under Trump. To the early onset of the omicron virus.

And I'm having a right fine go at eliciting opposite responses from The crazed

Are you saying that European nations that are instituting bands on travel are in the wrong because they're already saturated by covid?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I don’t know who supposedly said that, as your imaginary people seem to be getting more confused.

;-)
You can use the search function on this site just as readily as I can.

Anyway covid didn't grind to a halt under Biden, in fact deaths keep piling up don't they. And as you just said in the other post there was nothing set up back then. Now Biden reaps the benefit of a massive apparatus of vaccine and protective equipment production, and still deaths keep climbing

Not confused in the slightest merely pointing out the exquisite irony of behaviors all in the name of party, which is sad

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Horrendous performance?

What should Biden do that he’s not doing?
Maybe he shouldn't find himself being photographed without a mask in public places like restaurants, finding himself photographed coughing into his hand and then shaking dignitary's hands, perhaps standardizing messaging such that the CDC isn't telling people to limit their gatherings and then we find Biden at a very large family gathering and Nantucket

You can pretend that there wasn't shrieking all about when Trump was in office when any individual in that administration appeared without a mask, there was the cacophony of super spreader super spreader. now not so much

Bugsy McGurk

President
I'm comparing the early onset of covid under Trump. To the early onset of the omicron virus.

And I'm having a right fine go at eliciting opposite responses from The crazed

Are you saying that European nations that are instituting bands on travel are in the wrong because they're already saturated by covid?
Nope. I’m saying what I said, which is that comparing completely different things is a waste of time. And they are completely different for the reasons I laid out, which stand unrebutted.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Maybe he shouldn't find himself being photographed without a mask in public places like restaurants, finding himself photographed coughing into his hand and then shaking dignitary's hands, perhaps standardizing messaging such that the CDC isn't telling people to limit their gatherings and then we find Biden at a very large family gathering and Nantucket

You can pretend that there wasn't shrieking all about when Trump was in office when any individual in that administration appeared without a mask, there was the cacophony of super spreader super spreader. now not so much
OK then. If he masters eating and drinking through a mask, and otherwise reaches your lofty standards of perfection, you will stop claiming that the Biden approach in any way compares to Trump’s no-mask “it will go away like a miracle” approach?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Nope. I’m saying what I said, which is that comparing completely different things is a waste of time. And they are completely different for the reasons I laid out, which stand unrebutted.
Says the Queen of whataboutism

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
OK then. If he masters eating and drinking through a mask, and otherwise reaches your lofty standards of perfection, you will stop claiming that the Biden approach in any way compares to Trump’s no-mask “it will go away like a miracle” approach?
Who eats in a department store?
Joe was SHOPPING with the grands and they didn't even have mask on!

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
There's nothing completely different about it. We're discussing covid and the shrieking of the craze surrounding the Trump administration's actions and it's utter absence in the Biden administration, despite biden's making little progress

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I would love to offer an opinion but that's certainly not the sum of all things that happened under the Trump administration. Perhaps that's your problem, a lack of honesty

RickWA

Snagglesooth
His plan calls instead for more rigorous testing of those taking planes to get here. That’s more realistic than banning all flights from everywhere. That would be a global lockdown. Wingers hate lockdowns unless Biden rejects a lockdown, in which case they call for it.
It’s not “more rigorous testing”, Captain liar… it’s the SAME testing - only now required within 24 hours of flight rather than 72 hours.

Whadda horrible stooge!

Bugsy McGurk

President
I would love to offer an opinion but that's certainly not the sum of all things that happened under the Trump administration. Perhaps that's your problem, a lack of honesty
As I said above, lots of things happened during the Trump administration - first denial and then taking all possible actions to spread the virus.

The polar opposite of the Biden approach.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
24 = 72?

You’re THAT desperate to fluff Trump?

;-)
This change has nothing at all to do with Trump, but I understand why you changed the subject. You made the unequivocal claim that the precise SAME testing is now “more rigorous”. That is demonstrably untrue (as are most of your propagandistic claims). I travel internationally quite a lot.

The old rule:
Negative COVID test within (3) days of boarding international flight for the USA for the vaxxed…or within (1) day for the unvaxxed

The new rule:
Negative COVID test within (1) day of boarding international flight for the USA for everyone - vaxxed and unvaxxed alike.

Try to be truthful when you post, Bugsy.

Bugsy McGurk

President
This change has nothing at all to do with Trump, but I understand why you changed the subject. You made the unequivocal claim that the precise SAME testing is now “more rigorous”. That is demonstrably untrue (as are most of your propagandistic claims). I travel internationally quite a lot.

The old rule:
Negative COVID test within (3) days of boarding international flight for the USA for the vaxxed…or within (1) day for the unvaxxed

The new rule:
Negative COVID test within (1) day of boarding international flight for the USA for everyone - vaxxed and unvaxxed alike.

Try to be truthful when you post, Bugsy.
I explained the difference above when referring to it - the reduction of time to within 24 hours.

I know you’re slow on the uptake by I don’t know how you managed to get confused.

Pay closer attention before running around with that “Liar!” idiocy. Try not to act like a little girl.