• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

OMG..why hasn't Biden Shut interstate travel!! Shriek. Panic. Gnashing of teeth..

EatTheRich

President
Covid is going away soon if all keeps going well. Too late so more like could have should have for your geriatric pal.

He shouldn't vaccinate kids.

He should have fired Fauci.

He should have had Tedros kicked out of the WHO.

He should have required vaccination of illegals let into the country. But he didn't want to deal with vaccine injuries at the border.

He should have closed travel for the winter months when Southern hemisphere travel brings disease to the Northern hemisphere.

He should have expedited Ivermectin trials ages ago.

He should have gotten the logistics issue fixed 6 months ago.

He should have not raised the cost of energy.

He should have increased the production of N95 masks for all.
I don’t see it going away soon.
You think the majority of scientists are wrong about vaccinating kids? What do you know that they don’t?
Fauci seems to be handling a bad situation pretty well from where I’m sitting given the political pressure on him from Trump and from capitalism.
Tedros seems like a f?ckup but he is popular with the powers dominating the UN and at any rate it’s not the U.S.’s place to tell WHO or the UN how to run its affairs.
He should require vaccination of illegal immigrants and asylum seekers. He may be required to go through a lot of red tape to get the regulation changed but he has a pen and a phone just as much as Obama and Trump did, in a genuine emergency.
He should have restricted travel earlier, more pre-emptively, and more broadly.
As it turns out, Ivermectin trials wouldn’t have helped much. But the point that more potential therapeutics needed to be researched is a good one. On the other hand, the vaccine is our best hope of saving lives now and increasing vaccination rates by far the most effective contribution the government can make to assisting therapeutic efforts.
He should have used the Defense Production Act far more broadly to plan and mount a joint operation by the National Guard, Army, and FEMA to supply the country with Covid tests, PPE, and vaccines and get the public using them.
He should have had the CDC doing contact tracing of every infected individual with mandatory quarantines for their contacts.

He doesn’t really control the cost of energy although his restrictions on new oil wells probably raised prices a bit and his releases from the strategic reserve probably lowered them a bit. What he could do (with political help from Congress and maybe from the unions) to lower the cost and/or help us address it:
Automatic COLAs for wages and pensions.
Elimination of taxes on energy.
Elimination of tariffs and subsidies.
Nationalization of the means of energy production, storage, and transmission, and transportation, and development of a comprehensive sustainable low-cost energy and transportation plan based primarily on (besides conservation and expanded public transportation) nuclear power in the long term, and natural gas, solar, and wind in the short term, under union control.

God of War

Governor
I don’t see it going away soon.
It should have by all rights and maybe the Omicron is that solution. We'll see.

You think the majority of scientists are wrong about vaccinating kids? What do you know that they don’t?
Do all vaccines have inherent risk? Yes. This one really does. Do we know that kids by and large don't get hospitalized or die of Covid? Yes. So far.

This is what the scientists have told us so far world wide. On that basis of that information why would you risk decades of life of your children and grandchildren?

Fauci seems to be handling a bad situation pretty well from where I’m sitting given the political pressure on him from Trump and from capitalism.
You're poorly informed on Fauci.

As soon Tedros seems like a f?ckup but he is popular with the powers dominating the UN and at any rate it’s not the U.S.’s place to tell WHO or the UN how to run its affairs.
Actually as the biggest donor it most certainly is. Trump gave Biden an ace on a silver platter and half-wit Biden wasted it.

He should require vaccination of illegal immigrants and asylum seekers. He may be required to go through a lot of red tape to get the regulation changed but he has a pen and a phone just as much as Obama and Trump did, in a genuine emergency.
It was a requirement by various nations in the past for travelers to have their vaccination to enter. No vaccination no entry. They are doing that with Covid today. That is the purpose of borders if you don't know my commie friend. But of course Biden et al don't want vaccine injuries on the border so they offer none. That would kill the illegal issue and the vaccine issue and is not what Dems want.

He should have restricted travel earlier, more pre-emptively, and more broadly.
Travel bans can work to absolutely block the spread of disease. Even once that breaks down travel bans can act as speed bumps to the speed of spread of disease.

There are clever ways to allow travel and slow spread. Say a South African wants to go to DC. First, Europe would require the S. African to land and stay in Morocco for a few days. Then the traveler would fly to Paris and stay for a few days. Then the traveler would fly to DC. The time delay on order of days and continual testing at each stop would mitigate the spread.

As it turns out, Ivermectin trials wouldn’t have helped much.
Actually you are wrong on this. And actually the blocking of the trials in contrast to the expediting of Pfizer and Moderna is stunning.

But the point that more potential therapeutics needed to be researched is a good one.
Repurposed antivirals, anti-inflammatories, and anti-coagulants were no brainers treatment. Why did 2020 go by without them? Malpractice.

On the other hand, the vaccine is our best hope of saving lives now and increasing vaccination rates by far the most effective contribution the government can make to assisting therapeutic efforts.
The vaccine efficacy expires in 6 months. It is a horrendously leaky vaccine that may encourage Covid to become more lethal and has precipitated the redefining of what is a vaccine by the Federal government. It is also not a vaccine. It remains an experimental gene therapy injection.

He should have used the Defense Production Act far more broadly to plan and mount a joint operation by the National Guard, Army, and FEMA to supply the country with Covid tests,
The home tests were/are available at Walmart for $14.

PPE, and vaccines and get the public using them.
People needed N95 masks not gloves or gowns and the vaccine is an informed consent issue.

He should have had the CDC doing contact tracing of every infected individual with mandatory quarantines for their contacts.
You don't quarantine healthy people. Never done before and should not be done unless you're in a B-movie horror scene dealing with the ebola-zombie-apocalypse.

He doesn’t really control the cost of energy although his restrictions on new oil wells probably raised prices a bit and his releases from the strategic reserve probably lowered them a bit.
He choked off the carbon based power supply as a matter of global warming policy. The cost of things and energy directly relate to maintaining public health. Releasing reserves only appeases the economically ignorant for a moment.

What he could do (with political help from Congress and maybe from the unions) to lower the cost and/or help us address it:
Automatic COLAs for wages and pensions.
Elimination of taxes on energy.
Elimination of tariffs and subsidies.
Nationalization of the means of energy production, storage, and transmission, and transportation, and development of a comprehensive sustainable low-cost energy and transportation plan based primarily on (besides conservation and expanded public transportation) nuclear power in the long term, and natural gas, solar, and wind in the short term, under union control.
None of what you said here works. We know what Trump did does work.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Pretending that there is any comparison between their approaches is wearisome. Let’s get tangible…

What should Biden do about Covid that he isn’t doing?
It's entertaining. Wearisome was things like...drink bleach.. nothing done .. why no vaccine yet..

Now..not a peep of anything..

You don't think the American people notice the behavior of it's political parties....all of them?

The behavior flat out blamed Trump...so much so he had to go ...Biden in... Things are about the same. He just has a flat affect. Big deal.

Bugsy McGurk

President
I agree with @Dawg. From where I’m sitting he should be banning flights sooner, and not just from 8 African countries but from for example the UK as well.
His plan calls instead for more rigorous testing of those taking planes to get here. That’s more realistic than banning all flights from everywhere. That would be a global lockdown. Wingers hate lockdowns unless Biden rejects a lockdown, in which case they call for it.

Bugsy McGurk

President
It's entertaining. Wearisome was things like...drink bleach.. nothing done .. why no vaccine yet..

Now..not a peep of anything..

You don't think the American people notice the behavior of it's political parties....all of them?

The behavior flat out blamed Trump...so much so he had to go ...Biden in... Things are about the same. He just has a flat affect. Big deal.
About the same?

Yikes. They are polar opposites in all respects.

Zam-Zam

Senator
Second case

Biden spreading omicron Omigawd he's gonna kill us all.. he has no plan. Wilfully spreading....yeargh..

That's how the crazed handled such news under Trump... Why so silent now?!?!

These are the rules of the crazed.

(How'd I do??)
Feigning absurdity to highlight absurdity...I like it.

It will likely fly over the heads of the intended targets, but still a worthy effort.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Because that would be devastating on many levels.

Far better to tighten up testing, as he has (all arrivals must have a negative Covid test within 24 hours of the flight).
Test are not accurate
Negative in the morning Positive that night
or Positive in the ER and Negative by the time patient gets a room
I know that to be a fact from several friends

How the hell can one be Positive and discharged next day and sent home to family?

Test are bullshit

Bugsy McGurk

President
Test are not accurate
Negative in the morning Positive that night
or Positive in the ER and Negative by the time patient gets a room
I know that to be a fact from several friends

How the hell can one be Positive and discharged next day and sent home to family?

Test are bullshit
So now you want a complete travel ban into the US, something you never called for under Trump?

Will your shameless hackery take you there?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Banning interstate travel? You were serious about that?
So you weren't serious back at the onset of all this ..that trumps lack of strong mitigation measures, like in Australia and Europe, contributing to the spread of covid like wildfire?? All those pages of shrieking?? Not so much? Be like blue states teachin the red states...blah..blah?

Biden is out to super spreader omicron

These are the rules of the crazed

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
So now you want a complete travel ban into the US, something you never called for under Trump?

Will your shameless hackery take you there?
You know so damn much Bug post where I posted I didn't want a complete travel ban under Trump____GO____I'm betting a quarter you can't and lying as you do daily.

I also wanted the Border completely Closed under Trump and want the same under Biden (or whoever is in charge in DC) it damn sure isn't Biden Americans have him lower than Carter as POTUS.