• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

On free trade with China? Apparently Mitt Romney was...

GordonGecko

President
WHICH Mitt Romney, NCM?

This one-

"But when I see an American company challenged by a foreign competitor, I don’t look for protectionist policies as an answer to the company’s problems. Instead, I look to see how that company can become competitive once more, drive off its foreign foe, and propel its own products into foreign markets.”---MR 2010

or this one...

During an Oct. 24 radio interview with the Fox News Channel’s Sean Hannity, for instance, Romney promised that on “day one” of his presidency he would impose new tariffs on trade with China, and classify the nation as a “currency manipulator

:)

NCmusicman

Governor
Unlike Obama - and some posters here - hint hint... Romney has the ability to separate foreign free trade from foreign manipulation of that trade which isn't free anymore.

Get it?

WHICH Mitt Romney, NCM?

This one-

"But when I see an American company challenged by a foreign competitor, I don’t look for protectionist policies as an answer to the company’s problems. Instead, I look to see how that company can become competitive once more, drive off its foreign foe, and propel its own products into foreign markets.”---MR 2010

or this one...

During an Oct. 24 radio interview with the Fox News Channel’s Sean Hannity, for instance, Romney promised that on “day one” of his presidency he would impose new tariffs on trade with China, and classify the nation as a “currency manipulator

:)

Minotaur

Governor
Mitt had it right in "No Apology". He lied in the debate. Jon Huntsman explained China honestly in the debate but no one listened. Likely because Jon is actually an expert with brains. It explains why it is easier for Mitt to lie and get elected before using a brain. By caving and lying about China policy, if elected he can then make up or explain the conditions of what he won't impose on China. One excuse will be because it will cost America jobs and ruin our economy. Having been right in the book, he will be right in giving the excuse republicans don't really want to hear right now. Once he is the candidate he can say moon beams come from elephants. Won't matter.

GordonGecko

President
Romney told the truth about his position in his book....pro-free trade.

He's pandering to the blue-collar NCM types for the election.